shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope someone knows the answer to this ques???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
HI,

I hope this doesn''t come off as a really stupid question but I am pretty new to the whole diamond ring arena.
I''ve been looking at various settings and I really like the look of a princess center stone with the band made up entirely of small RB cut stones in an eternity setting. I noticed though that some vendors make the style and the ring has the small drianage holes? underneath the stones on the inside of the band and then other vendors make the ring with no holes at all. I hope that made sense.

So my question is does it matter that the holes are there or not? I mean would not having them make it harder to clean? Or do they make them at times w/o them to prevent stones from falling out? Would be curious to know the answer.

Thanks

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It is my understanding that the holes are to make cleaning easier. My pave ring has holes behind the stones, but I also have a pendant with a closed back and I haven''t had any trouble keeping it clean either. It seems more common to have the holes though.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
If there''s no drainage holes and you get a lot of gunk in there it will need to sit in a powerful ultrasonic machine for a good 15-30 mins to clean it out. And when I say powerful I don''t mean the deluxe model that''s meant for consumer use, I mean industrial strength :)

If it has good drainage then the deluxe consumer ultrasonic cleaner would do a good enough job of cleaning it in just about 5-10 mins or so.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Oh and to answer your second question, having poor drainage will actually make your stones more likely to fall out, since it will sit in the ultrasonic a lot longer and the ultrasonic does vibrate out small diamonds. Otherwise it has no affect on the durability of the setting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a ring, I would definitely get the one with open backs. They can get really dirty, and this allows easier/more thorough cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results