shape
carat
color
clarity

HOOFBEATS95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see Dan''s new rough? Better jump on it...

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
THANKS! Might be too light for me. But I did send an email. This morning was the first morning in weeks. . . months. . . that I didn''t look at his site. I looked at Barry''s but not his. Go figure. I got distracted by my cat puking. Dang it. I sent an email. I''m probably too late though. We''ll see. I posted on your thread about the stone you got inquiring if you got it yet? :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it works out for you! And sad about the sick kitty.
7.gif

The stone HAS arrived! My husband picked it up from the post office yesterday. I''m still in Europe so I won''t get to see it until next Friday.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
So maybe your husband could take some pics? For you of course! But then we could also see!
emwink.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Dang - no reply from Dan so I guess I was too late.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I love the enabling
31.gif
31.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is finished and Dan told me I''m 2nd in line. I''m always 2nd! It''s crazy!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 8:31:07 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
The stone is finished and Dan told me I''m 2nd in line. I''m always 2nd! It''s crazy!

boo! it''s lighter than what you are looking for though, right?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 9:38:18 AM
Author: karee888

Date: 6/3/2009 8:31:07 AM

boo! it''s lighter than what you are looking for though, right?
Yeah it is lighter. I''d just like to get the first option though. I might have been first if I had checked the site like I normally do. Who knows. Oh well. :) Such is life!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
well, i still have to see the barry stone from the last drop you wanted. my husband looked at it and the ring i just got back from an etsy person, and he said the stones are a really similar color. i didn''t want that, i thought they were different. so, if i think they are too similar and you still might want it, i can put it on the DB site and you can buy it if you want.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
I''m so sorry hoofbeats! That was me...
8.gif

I''m letting it go though, so you can have it.
1.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 12:50:07 PM
well, i still have to see the barry stone from the last drop you wanted. my husband looked at it and the ring i just got back from an etsy person, and he said the stones are a really similar color. i didn''t want that, i thought they were different. so, if i think they are too similar and you still might want it, i can put it on the DB site and you can buy it if you want.
Maybe you could post real life shots? Which stone is in the etsy ring? What happened to the one you got from Dan a couple weeks ago or whenever it was that you beat me to it? :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 1:38:35 PM
Author: kribbie
32.gif
8.gif

1.gif
Hmm. . . yeah it''s not the color I was hoping it to be. What are the stats? Size (mm) and price? If you don''t mind sharing.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 2:18:55 PM
Date: 6/3/2009 12:50:07 PM

Maybe you could post real life shots? Which stone is in the etsy ring? What happened to the one you got from Dan a couple weeks ago or whenever it was that you beat me to it? :)

everything has arrived since i''ve been gone. i left in april.

i can post real life pics when i get back.

the etsy ring is a tourmaline from barry in like march or april, which apparently is the same color as the last stone i got from barry [according to my husband].

i haven''t seen the new dan glowy stone yet.

SOON!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Keep me posted! I'm always afraid I'll miss something on here. I don't get emails of replies to threads.
7.gif
I really wish I did. It would be easier for me to keep track of things. So if you have to yell at me like you did in this thread feel free! :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 2:21:14 PM

32.gif
8.gif

1.gif
Hmm. . . yeah it''s not the color I was hoping it to be. What are the stats? Size (mm) and price? If you don''t mind sharing.
It''s .81ct, 6.23mm and going for $90. Dan says it looks like an Oyo tourmaline.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 2:48:03 PM

Date: 6/3/2009 2:21:14 PM

32.gif
8.gif

1.gif
It''s .81ct, 6.23mm and going for $90. Dan says it looks like an Oyo tourmaline.
Thanks! What is an Oyo tourmaline?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Dang! I can''t decde if I want it or not! Dan seems to describe it as more green tha blue. Not sure how close to my barry stone it might be. It''s affordable. I''d like to give my mom a green stone as a gift. But don''t you think it looks more blue?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2009 2:48:03 PM

I have seen Oyo tourmalines at GemLine and the colour is so much richer. This tourmaline looks extremely pale and washed out.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 11:27:45 AM
Dang! I can''t decde if I want it or not! Dan seems to describe it as more green tha blue. Not sure how close to my barry stone it might be. It''s affordable. I''d like to give my mom a green stone as a gift. But don''t you think it looks more blue?
I agree that it looks a bit more blue than green. But then again, the paraiba Brandy got from him a few weeks ago was far more intense and much brighter than it looked in the vendor picture. I suppose if you are not absolutely in love with it, it is affordable enough to be a gift to someone else. Or you could return it.
I don''t know...
40.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Well I did it. I don''t know what it will look like for sure, but I bought it. Should be shipped today.

I''m also in the process of buying another stone. Another tourmaline. This is INSANE! Please someone stop me!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha!
9.gif
I hope it turns out to be really pretty.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Me too. I''m a bit worried about this one. But the last stone I bought looked horrible in the vendor photo and I love it - also a green tourmaline. I gotta get off the green tourmalines. I''m actually hoping this one looks more blue. I wonder if it will be light enough to bezel?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 1:22:46 PM

I agree that it looks a bit more blue than green. But then again, the paraiba Brandy got from him a few weeks ago was far more intense and much brighter than it looked in the vendor picture. I suppose if you are not absolutely in love with it, it is affordable enough to be a gift to someone else. Or you could return it.
I don''t know...
40.gif
The paraiba I got looked nothing like his photograph. I hope the new tourmaline is that way as well!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 12:14:03 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 6/4/2009 1:22:46 PM

I don''t know...
40.gif
The paraiba I got looked nothing like his photograph. I hope the new tourmaline is that way as well!
Whoa! That ain''t no lie! I just looked at you post. Holy crap! And I compared your vendor pic with mine. They are pretty dang close! This could turn out to be a kick butt stone! I totally can NOT wait! :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I got both stones that I ordered last week. I''m not sure I''m keeping the one that was posted in this thread. I can''t decide! I thought about getting it bezeled as part of a stacker combo from Garnet Girl but I did the test with aluminum foil and wasn''t sure. I''ve never done that before. I wasn''t sure what I was looking for. But there''s a tilt window that bugs me. There was in my last round stone that I got too but it didn''t seem as significant. Face up it''s beautiful. Very similar in color to my other round tourmaline though. I''m really not sure what to do.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoofbeats,
Take your time to think about it. Since the window tilt in this one seems to bother you more and you already have one with similiar colour bezeled, I''d get something else. However, you were planning to gift this one, correct?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 9:41:23 AM
Author: Chrono
Hoofbeats,
Take your time to think about it. Since the window tilt in this one seems to bother you more and you already have one with similiar colour bezeled, I''d get something else. However, you were planning to gift this one, correct?
I have a similar colored stone, but it''s not bezel set. It''s this stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-acs-tourmaline-is-set.111188/ My Mom is so jealous of that ring that I thought about creating a ring for her. She loves green. So that''s where the idea to give this stone as a gift comes in. However, I''m a VERY picky gift giver. I have to LOVE the gift I''m giving. And so if I don''t love this I don''t think I can give it away. I''m in the process of ordering a stacker set from GarnetGirl. So I thought about sending this stone to her to become one of the three rings. But I can''t tell if it would be good in a bezel. So I don''t know what to do.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
BTW - the OTHER stone that I got is from a different vendor. It''s been on his site for a LONG time.
1.gif
I do believe I will be keeping this one. I plan on posting pics as soon as I can. Last night was hectic with 3 tornados in my area. So no time to actually photo anything by the time I opened the packages.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results