shape
carat
color
clarity

Honker lab OMC -- Second (Third, Fourth) Set of Eyes?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whopper! :kiss2:

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!
Do you have an ASET scope at home? I’m wondering about the black areas in the center on the en face view. But at 7ct, that might be the camera.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the cut looks great. I’m looking forward to hearing how you like it.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Cut looks great. I do have some concern about the quality of the material. It looks like it has a heavy "fuzz" of internal strain that you'll want to evaluate in person. If it were going to affect it would cause a milky/oily appearance

Last edited:

bearycute

Rough_Rock
How exciting!
Do you have an ASET scope at home? I’m wondering about the black areas in the center on the en face view. But at 7ct, that might be the camera.

I do! I’ll have to play with it for sure. Thanks for pointing that out.

bearycute

Rough_Rock
I was looking at that one. I love the warm color and the cut looks good to me (though I'm FAR from a cut expert!), but it looks like there's a fair amount of graining, so you'll want to make sure that doesn't make it cloudy or oily in person.

That’s that “oily finger print” looking stuff happening, right?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That’s that “oily finger print” looking stuff happening, right?

Yes, like this:

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 9.24.30 PM.png

and this:

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 9.25.48 PM.png

I've never seen a stone with strain/graining like this myself in person, so I don't know what it will look like. Maybe it'll be fine. If it's a problem, you can return it. Be sure to look at it in lots of different lighting conditions.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The graining around the culet may be an issue. You will need to see in person. Hopefully it's less visible!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was considering that stone months back. I didn't choose it due to the size and the graining. Hopefully the graining won't be an issue but make sure you view it in all types of light like everyone suggests. I do find the stone very charming with it's chunky facets and warm color.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im so curious how this stone is going to look! I’ve never seen. Lower colored lab diamond on the pictures of the owner. Please, post a lot of pictures in different lighting conditions!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Excited to hear your thoughts on the stone :)

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Joining the list of others who are looking forward to seeing this beauty! Please do share! :)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Did the stone come in? Dying to see it!

bearycute

Rough_Rock
Family emergency. Delayed delivery.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returned the stone. Didn’t take any photos. The pattern didn’t have the optics I was searching for. It’s beautiful for someone who isn’t as picky as me.

Thank you for the update. Due to many of us being attracted to this stone, but thinking maybe it had some issues, can you elaborate on the optics? If not that is okay. Hope you find the OMC of your dreams.

bearycute

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the update. Due to many of us being attracted to this stone, but thinking maybe it had some issues, can you elaborate on the optics? If not that is okay. Hope you find the OMC of your dreams.

I think 90% would love it. I’m not a fan of very “obvious” Maltese cross and this one has a very strong one that has all 4 facets turning on or off all together. I’ve been following all the threads here of other folks’ OMCs and I definitely think this one is a much better cut than those but it just doesn’t do it for me for this much money. The color is also incredibly warm, closer to OPQR range, in my opinion.

I’m in CA so I had to add on taxes, getting it set etc. would be about 9k or so? It’s a lot to spend on something I’m not 100% sold on. I hemmed and hawwed for two full weeks after going through a family tragedy, so I figured if it wasn’t a YES!, it was a no.

I’m positive it would be others’ YES! though.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 90% would love it. I’m not a fan of very “obvious” Maltese cross and this one has a very strong one that has all 4 facets turning on or off all together. I’ve been following all the threads here of other folks’ OMCs and I definitely think this one is a much better cut than those but it just doesn’t do it for me for this much money. The color is also incredibly warm, closer to OPQR range, in my opinion.

I’m in CA so I had to add on taxes, getting it set etc. would be about 9k or so? It’s a lot to spend on something I’m not 100% sold on. I hemmed and hawwed for two full weeks after going through a family tragedy, so I figured if it wasn’t a YES!, it was a no.

I’m positive it would be others’ YES! though.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results