shape
carat
color
clarity

Honesty of jewelers??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kmasciarelli

Rough_Rock
I get a little worried because you get quoted a price and when they find out what another jeweler has quoted you, at first they get a little defensive like what cut, depth pavilion etc, and when they can tell you know what you are talking about the price gets lower to meet the last jeweler you spoke too.I have all the print outs from this site etc,but it still is a little overwhelming. In philadelphia, jewelers row, I did originally want a vs,1 or vs2 g, or H 2.25 carat, was quoted $21-26,000. As I was leaving he told me 15,000 for an SI,1 I color. A jeweler out of state, who volunteered alot of info and knowledge said 10-10,500 for si2, h color very good cut, Gia cert. Now, my regular jeweler said they can match that price when a few months ago, verbally the said a much higher piece. The problem with the out of state jeweler is I can''t see what I am getting and not sure of setting yet even though he will send it to me before I pay-if don''t like send it back.But if I have a future problem he is far away. Is the problem that there is such a mark up and if you don''t research you would pay the price? All of the discrepancies makes me nervous.Would appreciate your insight and feedback.Making a decision soon. Thanks
wavey.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
If you determine ranges for the parameters you want the diamond to be in, and then run a few searches on the pricescope and maybe some other online vendor's search engines, you'll see that prices will be within a fairly narrow range, depending on how tight you have specified what you are looking for. Cut parameters will make a big difference in the price, not just color and clarity, so that might explain some of the variations you are seeing from the stores. Also, retail B&M vendors may have bigger ranges depending on their overhead and markup. If you go in armed and knowledgable about what the price ranges for different specs are, that should help you have apples and apples to compare against.

good luck
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results