shape
carat
color
clarity

Honest opinion on marquise.

E B

Ideal_Rock
That looks like a nice marquise and a beautiful ring! Well done.

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Very delicate and pretty. :appl: Nice job!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty diamond in a lovely setting. I bet she will love it!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice and so white!! When do you plan to propose? Please come back with hand shots. We're suckers for lots of pics!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! I cant wait to see hand shots!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pretty stone! I think you did great. Seriously. She's going to love it. And, if you can update this thread with handshots when you have them, I know we'd love that!

subbie_419

Rough_Rock
We're going on vacation near the end of the month. I'm planning on proposing before we go. I'll make sure I get some hand shots.

I'm glad to hear from people that like it, but if you don't and want to share a critique please do. Like I said I want honest opinions.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to pick a good marquise, and I truly think you picked a nice one. The bow tie is not dark or very visible at all (HUGE plus), and it looks a nice size with the thin setting (a thick setting might overpower the delicate thin stone), and si2 is an amazing deal if eye clean - which yours looks to be.

You did a good job! It sounds like you are trying to second guess yourself, stop that!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stone & ring although I'm not wild about the prongs - think a semi bezel style would be sleeker & catch less on everything! Otherwise it's lovely. :clap:

Q

Queenie60

It's lovely and I am sure that she will like it. Look forward to seeing hand shots! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As telephone said, marquise diamonds are not easy to pick, but JA's video of it -- plus the pics you posted -- demonstrate you have a great eye! It's a lovely stone that surely will captivate her. Congratulations on your JA selections, and upcoming engagement :appl:

subbie_419

Rough_Rock
HotPozzum|1457051319|3999351 said:
Great stone & ring although I'm not wild about the prongs - think a semi bezel style would be sleeker & catch less on everything! Otherwise it's lovely. :clap:

I agree about the prongs. It wasn't my first choice, but when I was letting her look at inspiration rings, bezels were a thumbs down. The only thing close to a bezel she was agreeable with was chevrons at the points.

Honesty I'm not trying to second guess myself. Just wanted feedback on something glaring I may have overlooked. I figured I might as well try to get any possible issues resolved before proposing.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
woah! you did GREAT on the stone! Great size, color, hardly any bowtie and i can hardly believe that's an SI2. It looks eye-clean from what i can tell. really like the settings... prongs do look a little prominent but could just be bc it's so zoomed in. My original ring had some pretty prominent prongs (a marquise as well) and i actually don't remember them catching on a a lot..

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and really suits her hand.

I am of the belief that prongs need to have size because they do wear down, you will have more years wear out of them than people will with tiny prongs. I wouldn't like bezels on a marquise either. You did very good, beautiful ring.

Razz

Rough_Rock
That really is a lovely ring. Looks even more beautiful on her fingers. That shape is really flattering and distinctive. I've been searching for a ring myself, and I think I'm falling in love with marquise.

subbie_419

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind words. The important thing is that she loves it, and all the compliments she gets on her ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results