shape
carat
color
clarity

Home Theaters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2005 4:18:31 PM
Author: noobie

I think cflutist has a pair of Inifinity Kappas, but I''m not sure. Huge and awesome
1.gif
noobie
this is from cflutist who''s who''s thread....

The Infinity Beta speaker systerm is driven by two Aragon (military spec, made in the USA) amplifiers. The amp which drives the woofer towers is 400 watts/channel, the amp which drives the panels is 200 watts/channel. The woofer towers have 4 12" woofers each. The panels have 2 Low Midranges, 1 Midrange, 2 tweeters, 1 super tweeter each which emit sound both forward and back which explains why they need to be placed 4 feet from the wall. Frequency response is 15Hz to 45kHz +/- 2dB. The speakers do have rosewood veneer so from a woman''s standpoint, they are pretty to look at. According to my paperwork, the speakers were $12K back in 1989.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cute330
35.gif

beautiful HT system.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif
36.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
If the stereo had been turned on, I wouldn't have been sleeping!
9.gif
Cflutist gets a big kick out of this picture!

Although they sound just as good at low volumes as at high volumes... I've never dared to turn them up more than 1/2 way....

The T-Rex coming closer in Jurassic Park is my favorite sound sample when I want to show what these speakers can do - it's awesome to watch peoples expressions with that playing!

Note the amplifiers - even with those our lights dim when you turn these on!!! I think the whole neighborhood flickers for a second (just kidding!!!!)

Sorry the picture isn't better
15.gif

small%20Websailor%20napping.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 12:48:13 AM
Author: JohnQuixote

Anyone remember the Infinity Kappa 9s from back in the days before sub-woofers, when cowboys only kissed their horses? It was a limited production, but they were reference standards - in the early 90s to the speaker world what Viking is to barbeque grills now.
I remember those.
Soft on the top end and stumbled on heavy bass guitar.
hard on amps too.

I preferred the Boston reference series for the same $$ much better.
They were much better on the top end without being tinny like the polks or bose and could track base guitars better than any speaker Iv ever heard before or since.
B.A. had the best tweeters ever made in my opinion.
It is all I would use in my car system.
B.A. speakers, fosgate subs, fosgate punch amps and alpine head units and eq is why im hard of hearing today.

So kids play your music responsibly :}

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Cute,
The room looks awesome. Love the wall treatment. We are still quite a long way from being done. At this rate, my kids will be out of high school by the time it''s done. Well, hopefully not that long. The summer months had my husband in the yard most of the time. Once the fall/winter sets in, he''s locked back in the basement.
37.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Just stumbled upon these 6 day old replies...

Noob, WOW, we need to grill and rock out (both music and diamonds). Yeah I was thinking about those Carver speakers for some time, then I heard the MLs with matching sub and lost my heart to them. Drivers were a passion when analog was still hot, but the way most movie soundtracks - and a lot of music, even classical (gasp) - is digitally mixed these days almost all the punch is delivered to the subs with the top end EQ''d for clarity and transparency. Weirdly, my sound room was designed with outlets adjacent to every corner and pre-wired with vampire wire - I think the original architect intended electrostatics (?).

OMG. KEEP your XBR square. It is perhaps the best tube TV made aside from a Loewe (plan to have one of those in the bedroom one day). No time to get technical right now, not recalling the model numbers, but I still have all-Nakamichi tape players - cassette and R2R. Would never trade them. Oh, and a Macintosh tube amp of 3000W sitting around doing nothing (I know, I know...).

DF, you sound like another kindred spirit. And yeah, I would have pegged you for a tube man. Old school quality. Strm - so, do you crank up serious audio so the neighbors can''t hear you taking target practice in the hall?
2.gif

BTW, those Inifinitys Cflutist and Webs have are not playing around. Not one bit. Intimidating - I know their audio footprint quite well. If I''m not mistaken those are the definitive ref standards from that whole generation of SQ. Play Jurassic Park too loud on those and you''ll lose a whole city grid.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2005 12:02:45 PM
Author: diamondlil
Cute,
The room looks awesome. Love the wall treatment. We are still quite a long way from being done. At this rate, my kids will be out of high school by the time it's done. Well, hopefully not that long. The summer months had my husband in the yard most of the time. Once the fall/winter sets in, he's locked back in the basement.
37.gif

hehehe, thnx! I hear ya about the completion time. It just never seems to end huh?

Sick Wesailor! Those speakers just LOOK scary. lol! I dont think I'd dare to go more than 1/2 way on the volume either.

DF, Thnx very much!!

Cute: Nice panels, the Pio plasma is wonderful. Where's the popcorn maker and soda machine? That Panamax conditioner is plenty unless you get into the some really high end stuff. I have Pananmax myself (Besides insurance covers spikes as well). I don't know about HD DVD, it may be awhile with the Blue Ray format war. I think with existing software DVDs will be around for quite some time. You can go crazy with players though. One of the reasons I bought mine was to output 480i through HDMI into an external scaler. I'm actually thinking of upgrading my PJ, which is crazy. I need to wait for a reasonable priced three chip DLP.

Noob, opening nite, hmmm.....we were looking at this really cute old house on the open bay to buy. lol! So we were considering moving. lol

okay...door. got it. do you really think that anyone (besides you or dre) that walks into that room will notice the corners? also, have you thought about not hanging curtains on the window? i like the clean lines of the casing without curtains. maybe you could go with dark wood blinds?

Belle,
Yea definitely think you've sold me on the wood blinds idea. But the corners.... ehhhh, we see it everytime we walk in the room. Bugs the heck outta me.
40.gif
I think it just might add the drama thats missing rite now anyways. We wanna get the wire curtain rods. Something less visible and more seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results