shape
carat
color
clarity

Home Stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Ok I finally found 2 stones that i will be choosing from.

Here are the numbers, I would love to get some input from you folks here on the information that I provided to help me decide...This is pretty much a coinflip for me now
1.gif
. 15k was my initial budget but I'm a little concerned about the H color showing a tint of yellow. I welcome everyone's opinions. The stones will be set in an antique pave style setting in platinum. Thanks in Advance!

Here are the 2 contenders. Both stones are assumed to be Eye Clean - and Diameters are almost identical.

2.02 SI G GIA CERT - H&A
60.4 Total Depth
56 Table
34.5 CA
40.8 PA
EX EX
Girdle - medium
NO FLORESCENCE
Culet - None
$17.5k

2.008 SI H GIA CERT - H&A
60.6 Total Depth
56 table
34.9 CA
40.8 PA
EX EX
Girdle - thin to medium
No FLORESCENCE
Culet - None
$15.2K

sizematters

Rough_Rock
I don't think you should be too concerned about H color as long as the cut is a great one. I just received my H color diamond when my fiance proposed on Tuesday night and it is "freaky" white. I almost can't believe it's real (good thing I have the GIA report
2.gif
!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The one color difference on a H&A is not going to be noticable. I'd personally opt for the H since it's so much cheaper yet looks virtually identical to the G.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Swansong,

The crown and pavilion angles are just great for the first one, but I would defer to the experts as to whether or not they think this is worth the extra $'s.
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Both look good!

G,SI1-1.1 TIC HCA Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg.
H,SI1-1.4 TIC HCA Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg

No problems with yellowish tinge in H color. I have an H color A Cut Above from White Flash set in white gold and it looks great!

Based on prices and the HCA ratings, I'd choose the H.

Good Luck with your decision!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely the second stone..the H. They are sooo identical to each other in specs, the $2k difference speaks very loudly to me...also you will not see a difference in G/H. If it was E to H...yes you may. But G to H? Not likely, esp if its an excellently cut stone, which they both appear to be.

Congrats and great eye. Post pictures of your final decision!
1.gif
I would actually love to see the setting pictures as well, I adore antique pave style settings.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Are they both eye clean? If so, pocket the 2k & choose the H. Your budget was 15k.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input..the H it is. Before making this purcahse from an internet vendor to be nameless for now...what is the next step before the purchase?

ie

appraiser...insurance...etc?

Thanks in Advance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results