shape
carat
color
clarity

Home alone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And SOOOO excited!!!
36.gif

TGuy is going out with the guys to watch a basketball game tonight, so I have the place all to myself. Since I am the one who goes on trips, this is a rare treat. I get to control the remote (I don''t watch TV, so I have no idea what to watch tonight, but hey...maybe I can leave the TV OFF!) I get to make dinner for one. Maybe I''ll call a girlfriend and gab gab gab. Maybe I''ll read a book in peace and quiet. The possibilities are endless.

I feel silly to be so excited! How do you all feel about alone time? What kind of special things do you do for yourself when you get a night at home to yourself?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Thursdays are a great night for remote control, too: The Office! Ugly Betty! 30 Rock! Grey''s Anatomy!
36.gif

Back when I was single, my Friday nights were all about me. I''d get a burrito, a movie, and a trashy magazine, and I LOVED it!! I looked forward to it every week. Seriously.

Hubby was supposed to go away last weekend, and as much as I hate being home alone, I was kind of looking forward to making Mara''s mac and cheese (hubby isn''t a fan of m&c, so it will never be dinner for the two of us), reading a few trashy magazines, and cuddling with the cat, who is normally a daddy''s boy but will be a momma''s boy if daddy isn''t around
1.gif
Hubby wound up not going away though, so I didn''t get to enjoy any "me time." But "we time" is good too, so I was just as happy ... though I really want to try that mac and cheese!

Enjoy your time, whatever you wind up doing!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I crave it. DF is working mostly from home... so he's home a lot. And at night he wants to spend together time... which is lovely, but sometimes I just want the TV off, a book in my hand, a cuddling cat and no one else home. FI has evening meetings some nights (like tonight) and I REALLY look forward to them. However he has to go bak east for 7 days next month... and I'm torn between loving the idea of all that time to myself, and missing him.

I am very much looking forward to tonight however.

I hope you enjoy your night as much as I'm going to enjoy mine.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Haha, That''s funny to me, because tonight I''m all alone too! FI is going to some meeting at Bucca de Beppo in Santa Monica- where I''ve wanted to try out
20.gif
and I''m staying home tonight! I plan to watch The Office, Scrubs, and My Name is Earl. Ooops, forgot I''m having dinner with my dad now- soooo... going to tape the shows. Oh well, so much for resting at home with the dog!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love having alone time...I get a fair amount of it because Greg has rehearsal once a night a week and sometimes more if he''s prepping for a concert...or working late or traveling. I tend to watch my soap operas (which he hates and I only watch when alone, lol)...or trashy TV aka reality show he doesn''t like...or read my US weekly''s or bake or cook something fun. Also I''ll take baths in our big tub...or give myself a manicure or just take a nap on the couch with Portia etc. When I lived alone and we were dating I loved when I had the nights to myself to just do what I wanted, so I really appreciate still having that time now and I know he appreciates the time as well to do his hobbies and keep up with what is important to him. I think it''s super important when you get married and share your life with someone that you both give each other enough space to stay ''themselves'' while you still mesh together in the marriage. At times as well we are in the house together but doing various things and just ''checking in'' sometimes to say hi or give each other a hug or whatever.

On that same note, it was funny, Greg''s mom came to visit us recently...it was the first time she saw the house though we have been in it for 3 years now and really first time she ''lived'' with us for a few day and saw our routines, and she kept remarking on how ''connected'' we were even when doing our own things in the house separately. Like I could be online and Greg might be reading the paper next to me at the kitchen island but we''d be eating breakfast together...or he''d be on the floor playing with P while I watched TV a few feet away. She was like ''it''s nice to see that you guys can be together but be doing different things yet still interacting'' ... it was so funny she was like AMAZED at this. I thought well we do that all the time doesn''t everyone?? But I guess everyone has a diff way of being with their spouse. Anyway it made her happy to see that I guess...which was sweet.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE those "alone" nights!
9.gif
I usually get all our laundry done, and in between I spend time here, call a friend or my mom (looonnnggg conversations, if I''m on the phone when DH is home for more than 10 minutes he comes by every few and says "you''re STILL on the phone?"
20.gif
)

Many times I go into cleaning mode...it''s damn near impossible to get the house as clean as I want it when DH is around...he has a bad habit of coming behind me and making some other little mess or distracting me in general. He always comments when he gets home from trips how clean the house looks, lol.

Have a great night "off" TG!
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have FUN!

I love being alone and just reading a book or watching TV I want to watch or taking a bubble bath.

I never do laundry or cook or clean if I''m alone!
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always love those home alone nights too. they are few and far between but fun when they happen. my hubby is actually going to be out tonight too but he normally watches Grey''s with me and is somewhat upset he''s going to miss it
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch, you''re a better woman than I am. There is no way I''d clean on a night home alone!

Baking sounds like it would be a fun thing to do. I love spending time in the kitchen. Time just flies along. Except those last 5 minutes when you are waiting for your food to be done so you can dig in!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TG- I think that you and I have similar business travel schedules, so I TOTALLY hear you about how cool it is to have an eve alone at home.

Those are sooo rare for me, as DH goes on 2 business trips a year. But when I''m solo, I crack open a bottle of wine, and either settle on the couch and get caught up on my shows (thank goodness for the DVR!),or head to the kitchen and busy myself in there with an "experiment"

It''s no fun being alone in a hotel room, but it''s a different story when you''re at home.

ENJOY!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s important to have alone time too. I love the time my boyfriend and I spend together, even if it''s just watching a movie or something. There''s something to be said though for having time to do what you want without including the other one all the time. I might go to a movie, visit my parents who live nearby, go shopping, or just watch something on TiVo.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness; I don''t know how I missed this. I am usually the one who travels, but when ever my hubby goes on a trip I get sooo excited. I usually think I can stay up late, run around the house naked (I can do that anyway if he were here), but I think it is some sort of sense of freedom. I Hope you have a blast!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well greg has been gone the last 3 days on a skiing trip in canada with the boys...so it's just been me and P here. it's so funny when someone is gone all the time how quiet the house is. it's not like portia and i carry on convos. but i actually enjoy the solitude and the 'not having to talk' to anyone else. it allows a lot of decompression...and i feel more relaxed i think. also i have an icky cold so it's been kind of nice to just nurse it by myself ...but yesterday i was so bored and i was like gosh it's so quiet, hahaa. and then i have to do things that greg typically does like loading and unloading the dishwasher, taking out the trash, taking P out at night etc. it's so funny how much more you appreciate your mate when they are gone!! so he comes home tonite, perfect timing, i think he is burned out from boy time and i am burned out from me time. but i met up with friends and family for dinner a few nights, took a few relaxing hot baths, made some muffins etc so i kept busy. anyway, hope you had a good night alone TG!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I hate being home alone. I was an only child so once I became a teenager I had constant alone time, all the time, since my mom works full time. Now that DH is out to sea I am so amazingly sick of being in this house by myself. He and I both hate being home alone though, and when he''s here by himself when I''m at work he always texts me telling me he''s lonely, haha. We''re independent personality wise, but neither of us like solitude all that much. Especially after six months, because it gets really boring, really fast.

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results