shape
carat
color
clarity

"Holy Grail" Ripples from Pearls of Joy

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Kevin from Pearls of Joy goes on a buying trip, I follow his Blog closely. His photos and narrative are fascinating and I look forward to his account of each day.

He posted pictures of "Holy Grail" ripples in his June 2014 Hong Kong Gem Show - Day 1 Blog. I snagged one of these precious strands and have been smitten ever since!

http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/June-2014-Hong-Kong-Gem-Show--Day-1_b_61.html

Here is the description of the piece:

Color: Metallic
Size: 12.5-17.1
Shape: Baroque
Surface: Ripple
Length: 22-3/4 inches
Clasp: 14kt Gold

hglavtop.jpg

hglilflowr9.jpg

hglavtop1.jpg

hgarm.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics...

hgwheatcashm.jpg

hgwheatcashm3.jpg

hgwheatcashm1.jpg

hglilflowr3.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics...

hg_ripples_8.jpg

hgbox5.jpg

hgleaf.jpg

hglilflowr7.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics...

hgripples10.jpg

hglilflowr6.jpg

hgshort5.jpg

hgripplescashm.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics...

hgshort.jpg

hgbox1.jpg

hgshort1.jpg

hglilflowr5.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics...

hg_ripples_2.jpg

hgbox2.jpg

hgheart.jpg

hgripples_1.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics...

hgshort2.jpg

hgwrist.jpg

hgshort4.jpg

hgleaf4.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last ones.

hg_ripples_16.jpg

hgheart4.jpg

hgripplespalm.jpg

hgripples17.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiiful :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: and they look perfect on you. Enjoy :mrgreen:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks 4Ranch Girl :wavey: :wavey:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So so beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love:

Great photos too! Bet you get loads of compliments when you wear it.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Oh. My. Those are so gorgeous and the color is out of this world :love: Enjoy them!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning strand. They make you gasp when you see them in person, and so perfect with your coloring. Thank you for all of the great photos.

Here is your Holy Grail strand under the light box at the 2014 Ruckus. This photo is from the PP facebook page. The Sea of Cortez strand is to the left, Bsomlo's metallic triple is in front, and I laid my Japanese Kasumi bracelet next to the HG strand for comparison. Yes, the HG strand is completely amazing. :sun:

ppfacebook_with_my_kasumi_bracelet.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Baby Nurse -- WOW!!! The pearls themselves are very special -- and your photos are so artistic!

I love them all, truly, and maybe the one with your orange shirt the most -- and all the shots in the white box are excellent.

Wear this magnificent strand in good health, my friend!

(My metallics are double and have whites in them -- maybe that is someone else's piece -- or maybe that's how they appear under a light box?!)

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The colours are amazing! Like a rainbow... :love: :appl: :love:
He mentioned in the latest blogs that he bought some more of these. If any PS-ers got them, please post photos too.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Baby nurse, your strand is magnificent! I love the colors in them :appl: They're holy grail worthy indeed.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Icy Jade :wavey: ! I really enjoyed photographing them and have ended up with a lot of pictures. People in my immediate circle tend to be pearl blind, so I haven't received a single comment when wearing these. I have however noticed people *looking* at them. I don't think they know what they are!

Thank you, michellechan2211! I agree about the colors-- they really are fascinating.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1411556616|3756184 said:
Stunning strand. They make you gasp when you see them in person, and so perfect with your coloring. Thank you for all of the great photos.

Here is your Holy Grail strand under the light box at the 2014 Ruckus. This photo is from the PP facebook page. The Sea of Cortez strand is to the left, Bsomlo's metallic triple is in front, and I laid my Japanese Kasumi bracelet next to the HG strand for comparison. Yes, the HG strand is completely amazing. :sun:

Thank you for posting this picture, Fly Girl! I didn't take any when they were in the lightbox.

I thought that the metallic triple in front was Bsomlo's as well, but it's actually mine (slaps hand to forehead)! It's from PP and I'll start a thread on it.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Your ripples are just mesmerizing with the intense metallic luster and all the different shades that appear. It's amazing how well they work with so many different outfits. It looks like the pearls reflect a bit of the color from each top so that the strand changes color slightly to go with each outfit. I knew they were stunning from seeing them at the ruckus, but I had no idea how versatile they would be.

I was watching the blog last week and emailed Kevin to get one of the loose purple ripples to create a pendant. I didn't go for a full strand because I'm a bit tapped out from recent purchases and I have to dress conservatively for work, but your gorgeous pictures are making me wish I had gone for it. I hope a few of the new strands are going to PSers.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! So colorful and the look great on you. I remember reading Kevin's blog about this strand. Glad it went to a fellow PSer.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Lovely Rainbows on our beautiful friend :) These pearls were even prettier in person!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse - Your hg ripples are amazing! Just gorgeous with whatever you're wearing and at any length! And you did an excellent job capturing their beauty.

I'm one of the lucky pearl lovers who got one on Kevin's latest trip and here's the shot they took. Can't wait to see it in person!

revised.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love them...particularly think you wear them well, too! :appl: :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pkinnew, congrats on your gorgeous new necklace! I look forward to lots of pictures when you receive it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
These are all so pretty!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Babynurse, outstanding color and texture, I don't know how you seem to always get great neck shots with the colors of the pearls and their overtones, I need help.

pkinnew - How exciting on your new holy strand, can't wait to see it!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words Bsomlo! Your enthusiasm is always refreshing!

Thanks, YC! I can't wait to see other people's HG ripples!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Kay! They really are chameleons. You're going to love your loose purple ripple pendant and I bet you could get a strand of these on a future buying trip of Kevin's.

Thanks, baby monster! I'm glad you like them. I'll always think of your CC ripples as the ones that started it all :wink2:

Thank you, CRDkeshi! You always have such kind words-- I'm glad you got to enjoy these in person.

Pkinnew, I'm so excited for you! I remember you showing interest in these during the summer when Kevin first posted them in his Blog. I'm glad to hear you got a strand and can't wait to see your pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results