shape
carat
color
clarity

Holy crap! Magnificent rough from Peter Toracca!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else seen this stuff? Peter photographed a bunch of beautiful rough at Tuscon and the spinel boulder looks just amazing! I don't think I can link to his flickr page from here, so link here and go to the fist hit.

The grossular garnet rough is pretty too.

Speaking of garnets, could someone please buy this one at acs so it stops taunting me? Please?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Ahem .....

Very nice amethyst rough, expertly cut by Peter into these. They are a belated Christmas present for my sister and as I type are winging their way across the pond to the UK.

amethysts for dana.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, mercoledi. I heard about that parcel, but didn''t get around to seeing it.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:56:59 PM
Author: Gailey
Ahem .....

Very nice amethyst rough, expertly cut by Peter into these. They are a belated Christmas present for my sister and as I type are winging their way across the pond to the UK.
Those are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, I love seeing the before and after of gemstones. Are they going to be earrings?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 1:01:40 PM
Author: Harriet
Thanks, mercoledi. I heard about that parcel, but didn''t get around to seeing it.

Hi Harriet- I might have missed it, but did you report on what you did get to see? I heard sales were slow this year but that there were some great pieces.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t reported. Want me to do it here?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, LOVE Peter. He is my friend list and he''s so nice. And he cuts amazing stones!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 1:09:14 PM

You''re welcome to do it here, but you might get a larger audience with a new thread. I''m not partial to where you do it... but spill woman! I want all the blingy, flashy details!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good grief!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 2:27:46 PM
Author: mercoledi

Date: 2/23/2009 1:09:14 PM

You''re welcome to do it here, but you might get a larger audience with a new thread. I''m not partial to where you do it... but spill woman! I want all the blingy, flashy details!
9.gif
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, how do you buy from him?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tucson report:
1. I only attended the AGTA and GJX shows.
2. There was an incredible amount of African Paraiba (although one gemmologist, Robert James, has been running around screaming that they are diffused).
3. There were a few Brazilian Paraibas. Now that I've seen one, I'm passing on the African material.
4. There weren't many Mahenge Spinels.
5. There were precious few top Tsavorites.
6. There were Emeralds everywhere.
7. There has been a new find of Winza Rubies. They are pure red.
8. I missed meeting Jeff White. Bah!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:00:17 AM
Author: Gypsy
He has a website. It''s on here somewhere--probably in my ering stone search thread? If you can''t find him, I have his email. Also, I don''t think he was able to buy any of those ginormous spinels, but if you saw something else you liked from him...
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:39:14 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 2/24/2009 3:00:17 AM

Author: Gypsy

He has a website. It''s on here somewhere--probably in my ering stone search thread? If you can''t find him, I have his email. Also, I don''t think he was able to buy any of those ginormous spinels, but if you saw something else you liked from him...
2.gif

This is his page http://torraca.net/gems/. I haven''t bought from him but I love to ogle. He has a few asscher listed if that fever is still catching.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:25:59 AM
Tucson report:

1. I only attended the AGTA and GJX shows.

2. There was an incredible amount of African Paraiba (although one gemmologist, Robert James, has been running around screaming that they are diffused).

3. There were a few Brazilian Paraibas. Now that I''ve seen one, I''m passing on the African material.

4. There weren''t many Mahenge Spinels.

5. There were precious few top Tsavorites.

6. There were Emeralds everywhere.

7. There has been a new find of Winza Rubies. They are pure red.

8. I missed meeting Jeff White. Bah!

Are Tsavs getting rarer? The Mahenge spinel that Gene posted last week was just incredible. Did you get to see some in person? Any top quality emeralds, or just a lot of quanitity? The rubies sound amazing-more info please! Sad you missed meeting Jeff, he sounds like such a nice guy. Was he attending or showing?

Thanks for sharing!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wondering what the report was from Tuscon. Thanks Harriet! Did you like the Winza rubies? What about spessartite?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Harriet

Are you the lady who mentioned trying to meet John Dyer in another thread? Just wondering if you did and what you saw at his stand?

Sorry if this is a threadjack, but I don''t remember the other thread it was originally talked about!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Psst,

Look what that peridot rough turned into? Mr Toracca sure cuts a mean asscher!

Peter Toracca peridot asscher.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:59:39 AM
Are Tsavs getting rarer? The Mahenge spinel that Gene posted last week was just incredible. Did you get to see some in person? Any top quality emeralds, or just a lot of quanitity? The rubies sound amazing-more info please! Sad you missed meeting Jeff, he sounds like such a nice guy. Was he attending or showing?

Thanks for sharing!
I think so, which is why I''m on the market for a nice piece. I saw a number of Mahenges, one of which was a stunning concave-cut kite shape. I saw a number of top emeralds, but I wasn''t really looking at them. That''s all the info I have on the rubies. Sorry. Jeff was attending. Oh, and I fell in love with the green demantoids.
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:00:22 PM
Author: innerkitten
I''ve been wondering what the report was from Tuscon. Thanks Harriet! Did you like the Winza rubies? What about spessartite?
You''re welcome! I liked the one I saw. As for spessartites, that were nice ones, but none that had the "wow" factor.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:41:32 PM
Author: Gailey
Harriet

Are you the lady who mentioned trying to meet John Dyer in another thread? Just wondering if you did and what you saw at his stand?

Sorry if this is a threadjack, but I don''t remember the other thread it was originally talked about!
Yup, it was me. I did meet John. He had a beautiful trillion zircon that has converted me into a trillion-liker.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:40:03 PM
Date: 2/24/2009 10:59:39 AM

Thanks for sharing!
I think so, which is why I''m on the market for a nice piece. I saw a number of Mahenges, one of which was a stunning concave-cut kite shape. I saw a number of top emeralds, but I wasn''t really looking at them. That''s all the info I have on the rubies. Sorry. Jeff was attending. Oh, and I fell in love with the green demantoids.
3.gif

Green demantoids are amazing! I saw two at the last GTG and they''re just soo brilliant and such a rich color. Sounds like it was a great time.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was, with the exception of the fossil shows. Hubby bought some coprolite!
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results