shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday gifts 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is it too early for this? Hope this isn''t a duplicate thread....I''d love to see what you all have received!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I already posted this one, but I had to share again, This is "Mini Me"

minimet.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
And MINI ME from the back!!

minime2.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Mine!!! What a cute car!
How fun that is! We''ll be car shopping this year, sadly, because I have to haul around the two stinky beasts, we can''t even look at any of the super cute small cars.

I''ll play! I haven''t gotten a thing yet, but I''ve been very very very good!
DH did convince me that WE needed to get ourselves the big old flat screen TV. Sadly, I was trying to go for a smaller one.
I''ve always wanted to hide our TV away in a cabinet... this one''s too big for that!
He wanted one size up, I wanted one size down. Marriage is a compromise, right?

I hope I''ll have something shinier and dantier to post later on!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
weird, wouldn''t attach!

monsterTV.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does TO me FROM me count?!
11.gif

My Soho wristlet
30.gif

redwrist.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FG, I LOVE the Soho wristlet! I have one in black in and brown, and I bought three (literally) back-ups in each color because I love them so much and I'm afraid they might get discontinued (as do all the things that I really like, LOL).

For Christmas this year I got a pair of pave hoop earrings that I posted in another thread, but what the hay, here they are again. (And let me assure you I have not waited 'till Christmas to wear them!)

ETA -- OH NO! Attack of the giant ear! Sorry that's so big!

straight face0002.jpg

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning to post in this thread! I''m such a big kid...I can''t wait to open presents!!! (and see everyone else open gifts too!)

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
I bought myself a Balenciaga bag (real- but cheaper Asian version), and a new dress with the cash my Mum gave me... Hoping for a nice new digital SLR from Santa
28.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH saw me researching those hand held vacs--so he went out and bought "me" the Dyson Robo 6. It is cool! Big yellow monster that "doesn''t lose its suction" for sure!!!!!! Altho not really for me.....couldn''t drop and click a picture into this thread, however.

cheers--Sharon

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i got to open my xmas gift early!
36.gif
it''s my first coach.
it''s the "HAMPTONS PEBBLED LEATHER MEDIUM CARRYALL"

Picture-1pursecoachcom.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Jcrow! I haven't graduated to a Coach purse yet - the wristlet (and an agenda I got too!!) are my first items, and I got them for Christmas. DeeJay...now I'm wondering if I should buy a spare.
5.gif
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I got a PS3, the Nintendo Wii (which was an early x-mas present), and a mountain bike. As for sparklies, my mom''s taking me jewelry shopping next weekend!
9.gif
I love my sorta-new .77 rb pendant, but i''m ready for a different shape.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I got a pair of 3ct diamond hoops from Mark T from hubby!!! They recycled some stones from old earrings and added about 30 5ptrs. I can't find my card reader! Argh!...

Great gifts ladies!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 10:25:45 AM
Author: moremoremore
I got a pair of 3ct diamond hoops from Mark T from hubby!!! They recycled some stones from old earrings and added about 30 5ptrs. I can't find my card reader! Argh!...

Great gifts ladies!!!
Where are the pictures MMM??? Sounds like a wonderful jewelry remodeling project!

Looks like everyone is getting some pretty darn nice stuff so far!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I can''t find the darn card reader! LOL
I have to say that as Mark warned me, they are BIG...and actually maybe a tad too big...but heck, they''re diamonds and I can''t do anything about it now LOL...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting MMM, can''t wait to see them!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well my BI Day is still under the tree but that''s my big giftie for this year.

the hoops sound divine mmm!! find that card reader!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I too got my first coach bag! Thanks to my hubby.
9.gif
It's the Khaki/Camel Signature Duffle. I love it.
36.gif

Here's a really small picture of it

coachsigduffle.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technically my DH already gave me my combination birthday/anniversary/Christmas gift a few weeks ago (new diamond band which I will post on SMTR one of these days), but since he wanted me to have something to open for Christmas, he got me Narciso Rodriguez "For Her" perfume/lotion set. All I can say is....DIS-GUS-TING!!!! It smells sickly sweet on me. Very old-ladyish. So I gently told him to dig up the receipt because this fragrance is going back to Bloomie''s!
5.gif

At least he made an effort to get a gift that wasn''t a specific request from me! The diamond band was entirely of my own doing: I asked for it, I researched it, and I used my cc to pay for it. But, well, since DH makes most of the money in this marriage, I guess the ring is technically from him. LOL. DH is soooo not a gift-giver. He doesn''t make time for it nor does he put much thought into it. He''s your classic unromantic practical guy that says, " If I buy you something, chances are you''ll hate it so why bother! If you really want something for yourself, just buy it and consider it as a gift from me."
20.gif
So, we''ve just decided on a new approach: each year, I will give him a Wish List of things I want, and he''ll pick and choose from it over the course of the year for special occasions. We''ll see how that works out!
9.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
lol Kristydarling!
I like the wish list idea. DH''s family has a weird tradition of wrapping up a check in a box, and telling you to use it towards a gift. I hate that tradition, nothing says... um, GIVING like a check, lol! Trying desperately to break DH of this habit.
Merry Christmas all! Looking forward to seeing your great gifts! Not a sparkly Christmas for Tybee this year, sweet DH actually tried to get me a last minute pair of diamond studs, but opted to wait it out until he could get me a better pair. I applaud his decision making
36.gif

Meanwhile, here is the beautiful raging fire on our Christmas tv, lol!

yulelog.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tybee, I normally like to hide the tv, but these new flat ones are soooo cool that I like the look of them. But, you cannot wear them on your ears, that is for sure! I think you will enjoy watching it. We started with one and have upgraded all of our tv's in the house except for two, and we like the picture quality so much...I LOVE the fire!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, I am crazy about those earrings!!! They are so perfect and look great on you.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy, I cannot wait to see the band. I also love the idea of the wish list. You add to it or whatnot, as you see things, and since there are likely to be items of all prices he can decide what direction to go. No more wondering or being unsure. I would make the list pretty specific and if you know prices, even if they are approximate, put those too, so he knows the ball park. I also agree about the fragrance, I could not tolerate it when I was in the perfume department at Saks. I really love the new Juicy Couture scent, you might want to give it a try, it is a lot better than I would have imagined and I like it.

I actually got more than I expected. I had found these gorgeous pearl and diamond bangles, in white gold. One had large white pearls, one had large gray pearls and one had large black pearls. The pearls go on top of the bangle and are separated by diamond rondeles. I really loved them and the jeweler was not sure she could get any more, esp in time for the holidays so I told my dh and he got them for me. I think he forgot about them because when we were in NY a couple of weeks ago he surprised me totally and got me the Rolex Pearlmaster in white gold with diamonds on the bezel. I love both gifts, I guess one is for Chanukah and one for my birthday. We normally are not big on giving Chanukah gifts. But I am very happy with what I got this year...I always appreciate it when I get it, because sometimes he is so busy he just does not get to it at all...I have to "help" a bit...

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OOOHHH I GOT SOME GOODIES!!!

My DH got me some 8mm AAA =Tahitian yummies!!!

tahiotionfavorites.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
AND!!! Some 7mm Akoyas

Sorry about the bad pictures, I think these pictures are harder to take (of pearls) than gemstones...GRRRR>..

akoyafavorites.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
For the Harry P fans out there... MY oldest got the replica Time turner from PoA.

atimeturner3.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock

atimeturner2.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh- everyone's gotten some great stuff!

DH got me a huge jewelry box, and some swarovski earrings.

The parents are due in 1/2 hour, and I hope to get some of the straggler items off my registry!

Happy gifting!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
This is so much fun seeing/hearing about everyone''s gifts!

Jcrow - I LOVE that purse...its so classic and will go with everything
1.gif
Dying to see MMM and KD''s new diamonds too, as well as everyone else''s gifts!

Let''s see, I got my one big gift already (new three-stone ring from WF). I also got two new pairs of jeans (I know not that exciting but I live in them), one pair of Sevens and one Citizens of Humanity (good motivation to keep working out so I don''t look like a whale in them!). I also (finally) got my kitchenaid stand mixer (very excited about that!) and Annick Goutal''s Mandragore scent (KD - check it out if you''re returning something to Bloomie''s, its not sicky-sweet or old lady-ish at all, kind of simple and spicy and citrusy but light).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results