shape
carat
color
clarity

hmmmm... round 2 please :)

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Got sketches for my e-ring last week, but have been busy with so much, didn't have time to post.
Not really missing a whole lot. We're heading for round two after many conversations.

Here are the originals and will hopefully move a little quicker for round 2. *fingers crossed*

kari c20110708054742.JPG

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Exciting!! :appl: Which version of the profile is closest to what you're going for?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very cool.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
HOw exciting! - very lovely delicate design. Which one are you moving towards? do please post asap when you get your next round :twirl:

T

talamasca

:appl: Oooo I love C!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful. I am missing many posts now - does the center stone have a thread?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, they're all so pretty! I have to say my fave is B, especially how the fluer de lis is echoed on the top and profile.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys!!

I can't believe how busy things have been around here, and for some reason I didn't get notification on this thread, I thought it got deleted or buried or something.

So here's an update and thanks keeping up with my little project, I truly appreciate it! I'm attaching the latest sketches of where we are now and the words CAD came up today, so we're nearing the sweet stuff and I a soooooooooooooo excited!!! (Grace is excited too because she's getting sick of her box) :rodent:

I've decided I can't live without some filigree and double claw prongs... so design (a) is the direction I'm taking. Waiting for specific side view drawings because I want to let as much light in to the stone as I can. I'm also sold on a Euro shank bottom because I've owned one in the past and as subtle as the detail is for a more square-ish shank bottom I love it.

The rest of the ring will be accented in pave beading and miligrain. My love for texture is taking over.... and I might figure out a way to work in a couple more of my smaller diamonds that I have around the basket, but we'll see. Sometimes less is more. Jury is still out on that.

The diamonds in the diamond shapes that you see on the side might actually be wrapped like a cuff, for a little more of a regal feel but we'll see how that looks in the next sketches.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Susan's round 2.JPG

T

talamasca

:D yay thanks for the up-date - looking great so far

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I think all the versions are really nice, can't go wrong with any of them, all comes down to personal taste. Who did you select to make the ring?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It looks as though you are making great progress. Are you wanting some opinions/feedback on the designs, or are you just updating us?

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Talamasca Hey! thanks for that, I do love that ring and that site. :D

erinl Thanks!! I'm happy with this second set, indeed! At first glance I liked the second design but was afraid it would dwarf the stone I have and didn't like all the space I was seeing, but then again, these are sketches to be built on and tweaked so not a finished idea by any means. I'm working with Green Lake Jewelry Works and haven't even spoken to anyone on the phone, it's all done through design pages on their site (although I could call, it's very cool to be able to recall conversations that are written in blog style) The other thing I really like is that I'm an artist, and everyone there has an art background. I was able to post my personal art and things that I like in terms of design, shapes, textures etc. it is very hands on and completely unique- for me, it's perfect.

Aoife While this sketch is in a rough state, I'm definitely open to thoughts on the basket especially. As I've learned here, many stones are chameleons and mine is no exception. It sparks bright lavender/rose but can also be a bit cafe latte' too! I love that because I adore chocolate diamonds, so it's truly the perfect stone color for me. What I don't want, is to hide it so much that the light source is bad for the stone. In the first posting you can see some examples of side views, but those were drawn before the second set of sketches and now that I've decided for sure that I'm going split shank, filigree, pave beads and have the option to disperse some 2 point rounds here and there, I'm really not sure what I'm going to do for the basket other than double claw prongs coming from somewhere.

The sketch artist I'm working with is going to a couple versions and posted a few more ideas for more of a square type underneath the stone that could mimic the pave' beading and miligrain. While I do like that idea, I'm not sold on it yet. Here's a picture of that as well.

So yes, if anyone has input, I'm all ears!

idea - square.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results