shape
carat
color
clarity

History of two-toned rings

twentytwo

Rough_Rock
Hiya!

I recently purchased an item on my dream wishlist. It's an antique two-toned rose-cut diamond eternity band.

Pictures can be seen from the sales listing here

It's a stunning piece. Crafted in platinum with a yellow gold interior, it has my heart.

I'm so curious to learn more about the history of these types of two-toned pieces. Has anyone come across any information?

Thanks in advance!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pretty! i don't know about the history but my wedding band is similarly two-toned. it was an aesthetic choice but i'd guess is may have started with wanting to conserve the use of a more expensive/rare material so using that on the outside and something else on the inside.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just beautiful.

Eclectic

Rough_Rock
So back in the day people believed that diamonds looked really good in white metal. Before platinum was popular people used silver. The problem with silver is that it tarnishes and can leave marks on clothes. To remedy this gold (doesn't tarnish) was put on the back of the silver. Around 1890-1915 they used platinum instead of silver (platinum doesn't tarnish like silver)

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya!

I recently purchased an item on my dream wishlist. It's an antique two-toned rose-cut diamond eternity band.

Pictures can be seen from the sales listing here

It's a stunning piece. Crafted in platinum with a yellow gold interior, it has my heart.

I'm so curious to learn more about the history of these types of two-toned pieces. Has anyone come across any information?

Thanks in advance!

Oh gosh! This is just beautiful!! Enjoy!

twentytwo

Rough_Rock
This is just beautiful.

Thank you!

So back in the day people believed that diamonds looked really good in white metal. Before platinum was popular people used silver. The problem with silver is that it tarnishes and can leave marks on clothes. To remedy this gold (doesn't tarnish) was put on the back of the silver. Around 1890-1915 they used platinum instead of silver (platinum doesn't tarnish like silver)

Oh that's fascinating, thank you so much!

Oh gosh! This is just beautiful!! Enjoy!

Aw, thank youu!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results