shape
carat
color
clarity

Hiii, I need help.

Terry05

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, longtime lurker, first time posting.
I've been in the process of customizing a ring with DK and I've hit a few snags.

The inspo is Miley Cyrus' ring by Neil Lane (instead of an omb, I'm going for kite set avc), and a few other components from others that I'll add.
I've got the latest CADs, and received the model.
I think in my excitement, I loved it.
But now I feel like something is missing. Or needs.... not "fixing", because while I *do* like it, the love factor wore out a little.
I dunno. I feel picky and indecisive.
Does that make sense?
I guess I'm asking for opinions.

I do know that I'd like more metal between finger and stone.
I'm not sure about the prongs.
I don't know why I see fishtail in my mind.
David suggested tear drop claws, and I think it is suitable.
I'm also not sure about the engraving.
I'm leaning towards a scroll sweeping look.

Oh and it'll be platinum for an AVC 8.8 mm. Not sure if that'll affect or help anyone's opinions.
Sorry if I sound crazy.:???:
Screenshot_20200329-145325_Gallery.jpg 20200329_145545.jpg Screenshot_20200329-145441_Gallery.jpg

At first I thought all the stones looked cluttered, but the model looks nice.
Just..squat? And there isn't much room for engraving
Screenshot_20200329-145251_Gmail.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you saying you want the stone set higher and the details underneath it spaced out a bit?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is hard to imagine what it will look like from the CAD without seeing a rendered drawing including the engraving. Your center stone height is already at 7.8 which is getting kind of tall. I don’t think you are going to want to make it any taller or it will become top heavy. It is already at medium height and this maybe considered high already by some people.

I have several rings with all these embellishments. I really love the vintage look in rings so I do it to a lot of them. You can either have the squiggly raised engraving or you can have them hand etch the engraving after the fact. All the rings I have are done with some type of wheat engraving although I may do the next one with raised engraving. I always have a hard time trying to figure out what the finished product would look like in the beginning too because I could see the pave and not the details. That Is why I usually have the engraving done after vs before because I can’t make up my mind about having it with cast engraving.

These are some of my engraved rings:

2699FD99-097B-423A-9099-0173B93388C6.jpeg

I am not crazy about the prongs on your picture. I call them eagle claw but some sort of short pointy prongs would look nice or I would go for the fishtails. They also look look good with NSEW prongs.

If you can imagine mine kite set with eagle claws:
D2F37AFF-7A19-40BA-BBB9-46A80E00DA71.jpeg

Or something like the Ring Concergie setting with fishtail’s:

DE56766E-68A4-4AFF-ACD5-3EDCDAD93EEA.jpeg

I thtink either of them could work and make the top view a little more interesting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results