shape
carat
color
clarity

highschool sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkleshine10

Rough_Rock
Just curious....who have married their high school sweethearts? Any that didn't and are thankful? Any that did and now have regrets?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I sure didn''t! That would have been a bad idea and I never even considered it seriously. He actually gave me my first diamond ring because he wanted us to get married. I still have that little thing!

sparkleshine10

Rough_Rock
Me too. guess it works for some though

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Guilty as charged! I married my first and only boyfriend. Went out for 6 years and married for 10. Still love him to bits, but we outgrew each other.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 10:18:28 PM
Author:sparkleshine10
Just curious....who have married their high school sweethearts? Any that didn''t and are thankful? Any that did and now have regrets?
NOPE.

He was getting really serious in Grade 12. So I got myself accepted into an exchange program and went half way around the world. My mom had to deal with him instead! She did the ''break up by proxy'' thing for me.

It was the smartest thing I could have done....run away!
9.gif

We''ve met a couple of times over the years. He''s lovely but totally wrong for me and how I turned out.

LS

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We met in June at freshman orientation before college. I was 17, and he was my first and only boyfriend.
That was 19 years ago. No regrets. I got really lucky!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 10:39:24 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Just curious....who have married their high school sweethearts? Any that didn''t and are thankful? Any that did and now have regrets?
NOPE.

He was getting really serious in Grade 12. So I got myself accepted into an exchange program and went half way around the world. My mom had to deal with him instead! She did the ''break up by proxy'' thing for me.

It was the smartest thing I could have done....run away!
9.gif

We''ve met a couple of times over the years. He''s lovely but totally wrong for me and how I turned out.

LS
Well did you ever do the right thing! Or rather your Mum did the right thing!

Instead of walking me down the aisle at 19 and 4 days in 1980, Papa should have horse-whipped me. Mind you if Mr Gailey MK 1. sees this, he''ll probably come after me with the horsewhip. Good job I know there''s not much chance of him lurking in a diamond forum!!

circa 1980.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 10:42:50 PM
Author: iluvcarats
We met in June at freshman orientation before college. I was 17, and he was my first and only boyfriend.
That was 19 years ago. No regrets. I got really lucky!
30.gif
Wow, well done ILC, I take my hat off to you. DH''s sister is the same.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 10:57:58 PM
Author: Gailey

Instead of walking me down the aisle at 19 and 4 days in 1980, Papa should have horse-whipped me. Mind you if Mr Gailey MK 1. sees this, he''ll probably come after me with the horsewhip. Good job I know there''s not much chance of him lurking in a diamond forum!!
Were you still in England then? Both of your pics tonight look very "Brit"

19 and 4 days?? You were A BABY! You must have been very stubborn to pull that off!

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:01:56 PM

Date: 4/1/2009 10:57:58 PM

Were you still in England then? Both of your pics tonight look very ''Brit''

19 and 4 days?? You were A BABY! You must have been very stubborn to pull that off!

LS
Yes, deepest, darkest Herefordshire.

A baby? You betcha I was stubborn, I thought I knew it all, I really did. Nobody could advise me on anything. It''s a shame it didn''t last, but I did get one really good thing out of my 10 years with L/Cpl Gailey.

PS: I shouldn''t have opened that drawer!

Baby Gailey.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t date while in H.S, but did meet then, and were great friends until we got together as a couple at 21.
Not married yet, but engaged, so yes kinda.
5.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:09:36 PM

A baby? You betcha I was stubborn, I thought I knew it all, I really did. Nobody could advise me on anything. It''s a shame it didn''t last, but I did get one really good thing out of my 10 years with L/Cpl Gailey.

Those old picture drawers are treasure troves...though I recall Linda mentioning her old pics were in a ''treasure chest'' somewhere off site from home...at least that was her excuse for not posting a prom pic. I have my box of oldies spread out on my desk. Too fun!

What a handsome son you have! WOW he''s a stunner.
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:13:00 PM

Date: 4/1/2009 11:09:36 PM

Those old picture drawers are treasure troves...though I recall Linda mentioning her old pics were in a ''treasure chest'' somewhere off site from home...at least that was her excuse for not posting a prom pic. I have my box of oldies spread out on my desk. Too fun!

What a handsome son you have! WOW he''s a stunner.
LS
Thank you LS. And just like his Mummy. You can''t tell Baby Gailey anything either!

Nice idea about the "wrinklies" group btw! You suggest it, I got my knuckles rapped this week for being naughty and posting about another forum.

Somewhere I have a simply stunning picture of my Mum when she was young in a ballgown. Too late to look for it tonight, but I''ll try and find it at the weekend.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gotta go to bed. But here''s one: taken the day I left for Sweden at age 17 (a.k.a. ''running away'' from the BF)

August 1974

Foo188.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:22:38 PM
Gotta go to bed. But here''s one: taken the day I left for Sweden at age 17 (a.k.a. ''running away'' from the BF)

August 1974
Poor boy, I bet you broke his heart - you look lovely!

Night, night!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Love your pictures, ladies!!

And I''m really enjoying your stories...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t and I thank my lucky stars on a weekly basis. It used to be more often, but I eased up...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i did.
regrets ??... nope,not i, maybe my wife.
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I didn't marry mine, and thank goodness! I don't hold any grudges and I still see him about once a week (FI plays on the same hockey team), but I finally came to my senses about a year after high school. Funny thing is, my now fiancee chased me the whole time, but I was way too pre-occupied with Stoner McStonerface to care.
3.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Josh [now husband] and I met in 6th grade. I "went out" with his best friend Ian, and that's how we got to know each other. Come high school, he had a crush on me, but we were such good friends, I didn't want to wreck it. My mom and dad were always like, why don't you date Josh? He's a nice kid! But I didn't...

...Until one night in 1997, I had to watch a film for my humanities class, and I didn't have it. Josh, being the movie buff that he is, had it and brought it over. I fell asleep during the middle [I was doing too much in high school - work, extra curriculars, honors/AP, etc., to make sure I got into a good college]. When I woke up, he stayed and helped me write the paper. After he left, I thought, you know, he's wonderful - why not? Why won't you give him a chance? So I did...and we've been together ever since! :)

We went to college together, and we got married in 2002 when I was 21 [we actually both were], and we've been married for almost 7 years now. Ian, his best friend and my really good friend, actually got ordained so he could perform our wedding. :) I can't imagine life with ANYONE else. I guess my parents knew what they were talking about!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:45:52 PM
Author: karee888
Josh [now husband] and I met in 6th grade. I ''went out'' with his best friend Ian, and that''s how we got to know each other. Come high school, he had a crush on me, but we were such good friends, I didn''t want to wreck it. My mom and dad were always like, why don''t you date Josh? He''s a nice kid! But I didn''t...

...Until one night in 1997, I had to watch a film for my humanities class, and I didn''t have it. Josh, being the movie buff that he is, had it and brought it over. I fell asleep during the middle [I was doing too much in high school - work, extra curriculars, honors/AP, etc., to make sure I got into a good college]. When I woke up, he stayed and helped me write the paper. After he left, I thought, you know, he''s wonderful - why not? Why won''t you give him a chance? So I did...and we''ve been together ever since! :)

We went to college together, and we got married in 2002 when I was 21 [we actually both were], and we''ve been married for almost 7 years now. Ian, his best friend and my really good friend, actually got ordained so he could perform our wedding. :) I can''t imagine life with ANYONE else. I guess my parents knew what they were talking about!
Lovely story Karee, sounds like you''ve got a winner there.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:48:46 PM

Josh [now husband] and I met in 6th grade. I ''went out'' with his best friend Ian, and that''s how we got to know each other. Come high school, he had a crush on me, but we were such good friends, I didn''t want to wreck it. My mom and dad were always like, why don''t you date Josh? He''s a nice kid! But I didn''t...

...Until one night in 1997, I had to watch a film for my humanities class, and I didn''t have it. Josh, being the movie buff that he is, had it and brought it over. I fell asleep during the middle [I was doing too much in high school - work, extra curriculars, honors/AP, etc., to make sure I got into a good college]. When I woke up, he stayed and helped me write the paper. After he left, I thought, you know, he''s wonderful - why not? Why won''t you give him a chance? So I did...and we''ve been together ever since! :)

We went to college together, and we got married in 2002 when I was 21 [we actually both were], and we''ve been married for almost 7 years now. Ian, his best friend and my really good friend, actually got ordained so he could perform our wedding. :) I can''t imagine life with ANYONE else. I guess my parents knew what they were talking about!

He''s the best! He''s put up with me through grad school, when I moved to Japan for the summer to do my thesis research, and now this summer I''m moving to the Netherlands to do my dissertation research....he is wonderful and supportive, and my best friend. :)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:50:35 PM

Date: 4/1/2009 11:48:46 PM

He''s the best! He''s put up with me through grad school, when I moved to Japan for the summer to do my thesis research, and now this summer I''m moving to the Netherlands to do my dissertation research....he is wonderful and supportive, and my best friend. :)
Yep, definitely a keeper that one.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Nope! Still good friends and we talk at least every month or so, but we would NEVER work as a couple now. Just grew into different people. He and K get along pretty well, though!

My second serious boyfriend (started dating senior year of high school--he''s the one in my prom pic) and I are still friends as well, but again we have become very different. I''m glad that I didn''t end up married to either of them!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I still see him from time to time, as his mom and mine are best friends. He is still very handsome, but is also still very quiet. He was two years older then I was and we were together a long time.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I met the summer after my senior year in HS. I was 17, he was 18. We''re getting married in 3 weeks!!!!!
I couldn''t imagine my life without him!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parents are/were high school sweethearts
1.gif
Married in 1975 (after their undergrad) and still going strong!

I married my college sweetheart, if that's a thing. We started dating our sophomore year. I didn't have a high school 'sweetheart'... I dated 7 different guys in those four years (and four in college before my husband).

My husband's parents were college sweethearts and also married in 1975
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 2:38:32 AM
Author: musey
My parents are/were high school sweethearts
1.gif
Married in 1975 (after their undergrad) and still going strong!

I married my college sweetheart, if that''s a thing. We started dating our sophomore year. I didn''t have a high school ''sweetheart''... I dated 7 different guys in those four years (and four in college before my husband).

My husband''s parents were college sweethearts and also married in 1975
1.gif
23.gif
you almost broke the PS record.
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I married my biggest and longest secret high school / university crush!!!!
And he is as good (okay, way better) than I thought he would be!!!!

He was the kind of guy that if I saw him across the oval, I would feel ill. If he stopped to say hello to me, I would literally want to faint.

He turned up at my 21st party (I was friends with his younger brother), I was too scared to talk to him, but I floated on air for a week!

Honestly, I was solid GONE for about five years...it was hopeless...

And then we met up again! I can only suppose his extreme travelling lifestyle had kept him ''moss free''. Luckily, he''d aged a little, so I didn''t feel so damn SCARED.

And we got engaged within a few months, married a year later, third baby, still over the moon!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep D and I met in school and are getting married in June. I was on the debating team and we were debating against his school and that''s how we met. Still going strong ten years later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results