shape
carat
color
clarity

highschool sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I married my university sweetheart
3.gif
We were both 19 when we met.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 10:18:28 PM
Author:sparkleshine10
Just curious....who have married their high school sweethearts? Any that didn''t and are thankful? Any that did and now have regrets?
Yes.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Happy to say that I married mine and wouldn''t have it any other way! Dated for 9 years, engaged for 1.5 and happily married now
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I met FI while I was in uni just after HS almost 11yrs later we are as happy as can be and are planning on getting married - he was my first serious BF so I guess I just lucked out :razz:.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Threadjack - oooh sukii, I love your ring in your avatar!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t date in HS, but had a college sweetheart. Thank GOD I didn''t marry him. He would be totally wrong for me now! Come October marrying just the right guy for me. Not perfect, but just right :)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I did! My husband and I started dating January 21, 2000 - and were married October 4, 2008.

We did break up for about 8 months while I was studying abroad (I was just 21, London was toooo much fun;-) But the break was the best thing that could have happened. We dated other people and when we got back together, we knew it was for good.
emlove.gif

First prom together: (where I thought it was cute to stick my tounge out?)

prom00jbtjmt.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
And now! :

jmtjbt104008wedpric.JPGlargethumb.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:12:49 AM
Author: sukiisukii
thanks Lara! here''s a little more eye candy for you in case you are interested, my Little Ms. Sunshine
3.gif

Thank you so much for the link!! Yes, Little Ms Sunshine is very special, and to my Australian eyes, she is not so little, either!! HEAPS of personality! I adore that ruby halo, lerv lerv that ruby colour!!!
apologies for threadjack.
L.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO WAY!
I did get engaged to my HS boyfriend, but we broke up a month later...no regrets at all!
I met my DH less than a year later, I was 19, and we have been together ever since
5.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Didn''t marry long time high school boyfriend. He too gave me my first diamond ring. Wish I knew where it was.
He was a sweet guy, we were crazy in love, but when he left for college (1yr. ahead of me) we knew we both
had to date others. We got back together some during my early college years, but it never stuck. He changed in
ways I didn''t approve of, but remained friends.

I met DH, during my Freshman year at college, married 5 years later and old boyfriend
married a year or two before I did. Sadly he was killed by a drunk driver, on his way to visit me. I was at my parent''s home
grilling steaks in the backyard when I heard the crash, it wasn''t until the next morning I learned he was the victim of
a drunk driver who survived. He left a pregnant wife and a young son. Four years later, his wife was killed by a drunk
driver.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I dumped my HS sweet heart when he talked about wanting to get married. I just figured love is about catch and release fishing... I wanted to catch a few more before eating dinner... so I threw him back.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
Marrying mine in June, after being together 10 years. First serious boyfriend, so we''ve definitely had our rough spots, but am 100% sure I got the right guy.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I'm marrying my highschool sweetheart this year in Aug (It will be 11 years and 8 months on our wedding date)... We both are each other's first girlfriend and boyfriend too~~
1.gif

11thanni.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:05:32 AM
Author: bebe
Didn''t marry long time high school boyfriend. He too gave me my first diamond ring. Wish I knew where it was.
He was a sweet guy, we were crazy in love, but when he left for college (1yr. ahead of me) we knew we both
had to date others. We got back together some during my early college years, but it never stuck. He changed in

I met DH, during my Freshman year at college, married 5 years later and old boyfriend
married a year or two before I did. Sadly he was killed by a drunk driver, on his way to visit me. I was at my parent''s home
grilling steaks in the backyard when I heard the crash, it wasn''t until the next morning I learned he was the victim of
a drunk driver who survived. He left a pregnant wife and a young son. Four years later, his wife was killed by a drunk
driver.
That is so tragic...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

driver.
Oh my goodness, that''s awful. I''m so sorry for their children.
7.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Bebe: That is the most awful thing I have ever heard.

I am marrying my high school sweetheart, and we have been together for 14 years. He was my first boyfriend. I would not say that I regret it, but I do question it sometimes.

On the positive side, there is no one that knows me better then him. And we have been through everything together. He took care of me when (and now) when I was hitting rock bottom. He knows all of my issues, my history, and because he has been through everything, my triumphs are his too. There is nothing that happens to me, that he doesn''t feel is happening to him. Unfortunately, it brings him as much pain too, I can tell you that the day I realized that the chances of me being a resident were almost non-existent, we both went to this church we always go to, and we sat in the front pew, all alone, and we cried together for half an hour. It''s vice versa too, because when FIL passed away, it was horrible for me. I could not be strong. And consequently, probably neither of us can be much support to the other (if that makes sense in any way).

I question it though, because I''m always afraid that *I think* this is an amazing relationship, but I don''t have anything else to compare it with. And I always fear that in a few years, I will wake up with this overwhelming urge to sow some wild oats or something.

So I wouldn''t say that I''m not thankful or regretful, but I accept that this is the way it happened for us.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t marry any of my highschool boyfriends
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sadly he was killed by a drunk driver, on his way to visit me. I was at my parent''s home
driver.
Oh my. That''s so tragic. I wonder who looks after their child
7.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband had just graduated when we met, but since I was going into my senior year, I guess that makes us "sweethearts." Nothing that I regret because we planned EVERYTHING out in our future for the best way we felt would work for us. . .

We lived together on and off for the first 8 years we were together. . .At times living together, other times living with friends. I even had my own apartment for around a year. That was nice. . .just me and my kitty! We both went to college, got degrees, etc.

We married 8 years after meeting
Are having our 11 year wedding anniversary in June (as in we'll have been together for 19 years - yikes!)
And have two kids ages 6 & 8

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I met my current hubby the first time when I was 17, he was a UPS man and delivering my senior pictures. Whe I laid my eyes on him I knew in my heart that he would be the one that I would end up spending my life with...but we didn''t see each other agian until later in years....

In my senior year, I started going with mr.jerk. I saw him as a passport from a very unhappy homelife and married him as soon as I graduated from HS. Little did I know that I was jumping from a frying pain right into the fire... he was mentally and physically abusive and I endured this for 4 years. Than my UPS man came back into my life and took me out of that situation... Yes he is my knight in shinning armor, oh wait, the shine is comming from his bald head!! LOL!

My UPS man and I dated for 3-4 years, decided that time just wasn''t right and both of us needed to grow up. We went our separate ways and I married and had 2 wonderful daughters and this marriage ended after 18 years. After this divorce, I was currious about my UPS man and I.... .... .... hired a private detective to look him up (can''t be too careful now a days!), to make sure he''s acceptable and a law abiding citizen
2.gif
. Called him up and we have now been married for 4 wonderful years.

He still can''t believe that I had his background checked! He thinks it''s hillarious.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m marrying my Junior High School and High School sweetheart in November. He''s originally from New York, and I''m originally from California. We met Illinois when we were 12 years old in the Jr. High School lunch line.

Our sophomore year in High School C. moved away to Connecticut to live with his Dad. We lost contact and didn''t speak for about 11 years. We both finished high school, went to college, moved all around the country, and had many relationships, some of them serious.

A few years ago I was sitting at work sorting through my spam messages and see a subject heading "Do you remember C. ?" When I initially saw it, I thought to myself ''WOW! These spammers are getting good.'' Well, it turned out to be the real thing - C. found me through Classmates.com and paid the $30 membership fee to get my email address. The rest, as they say, is history!
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Nope, didn''t marry him and thank the good lord above I didn''t! I dated the same guy all 4 years of highschool and half of college, so 6 years until one day I grew a brain and realized he wasn''t marriage material. So then I did the fun college date around thing for a year and then I met hubby my last year of college. I am so thankful he came into my life, I know for a fact I would have been divorced from high school sweetheart by now!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Thank goodness no! We dated all of my senior year and three years of college. He never managed in those four years to grow up at all so we finally split right before our senior year. His next girlfriend was 16 and a HS junior (he was 23 and in his 5th year of undergrad when they started dating). At least she was better equipped to deal with his juvenile behavior than I was.
3.gif
I had a good 16 months of playing the field before I met my FI.

Side note: this is completely weird and I know I must have really strange acquaintances for this to be the case BUT of the 4 high school sweetheart couples I know, 3 of the couples are swingers. It always makes me wonder if there is some correlation. Probably just random, but certainly funny!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I married my high school sweetheart. We''ve been together since 1996, married since 1999.

My mom and dad, DH''s mom and dad, and some of the grandparents all married their high school sweethearts too.

I met DH and thought he was too much older than me (he had a lot of facial hair for an 18 year old!) I started going out with his friend (who ironically is older than DH) and ended up dumping the friend for DH. I actually made DH hold my hand to go through a haunted house (like, I''m SOOO scared
2.gif
) Shortly thereafter, I stole his car. He''s been infatuated ever since....

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
He was mine, I wasn''t his. I was a Junior in HS and him a Junior in College. We actually grew up 2 houses apart, but with the age difference we weren''t friends. But... My BFF was his BFF''s lil sis, so we did see each other a lot at their house, and we knew we were neighbors but we didn''t really talk. His Mom even taught me CCD in 4th grade! So we go way back... Nine Years later I would have never thought this is where we would be. I think about it all the time. We did split a few times. Mostly bc we were long distance for so long, but those splits were good for us. And the last one even brought me running back. I wouldn''t change a thing!! I feel extremely lucky to have found him so early on... He really is my best friend, we have been through everything together.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Yep, met my now DH when I was in high school. He was my first and only boyfriend. We`re going strong and celebrating 9 years together and 5 years married this year.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
mochi, ladypirate, allycat,

yes, it was very sad. I think one of the grandmothers took the children.
I had no doubts he (old BF) was a super father. Once I was in a drive
thru for a fast food line. When I reached the pay window, I almost fell out.
The kid taking my money was the spitting image of my old boyfriend. I almost
asked who his dad was, but didn''t. I wish I had, I would have told him what
a wonderful man his dad was.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t and thankful. He''s a good person, but our lives grew into different paths.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results