shape
carat
color
clarity

High Praises for Good old Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love, love my new engagement ring from GOG. I received it over Christmas and I can''t stop looking/cleaning/admiring it!
6.gif
I e-mailed Jonathan back in August of 2002 when I was just browsing his site and thinking about just buying myself a little treat. He always e-mailed me back whenever I would ask a question. I showed my (then boyfriend) Jonathan''s site and he was really amazed. So we decided to drive down from MD to see him and his stones. We made an appointment and met him in Sept. of 2002. Jonathan knew at that point, that we were just there to see, not buy, but just see what he had to offer. We were given the royal treatment even though we weren''t buying at that time. On that particular day, Jonathan was going back and forth to give an interview for a jeweler''s magazine that wanted to run a feature on his incredible website. But he was able to show us all kinds of different stones and he even gave us demonstrations with his diamond equipment (heh, read toys)
1.gif

Well, about the summer of last year, we drove down again so that my BF could look at the stone that he put a down payment on. I didn''t wanna see it, as I wanted to be surprised...and boy was I!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Anyway, it''s a 2.40 H&A I VS2. And it is beautiful. Sometimes, its a little hard for me to follow when I read the techy stuff on here about light paths, all those charts, but there''s no problem with me seeing rainbows, sharp arrows and the overall crispness to my stone. I also got the vatche RC. I have a very fiery, scintillating stone and when there isn''t a whole lotta light, it looks like a dollop of mercury.

Many hugs and applause from me/us to Jonathan, and his family who work so hard alongside him. His sisters are wonderful to work and speak with. Sorry I don''t have a digital camera, but hey, you all know what these stones and the vatche RC setting look like, so don''t throw any tomatoes please!
Up_to_something.gif
If I can take pics, believe me, I''ll post them!!!....Now if I could just get some insurance!

BTW, Pricescope and the wealth of knowledge and info here is fantabulous!

-Luv

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY congratulations!! Sounds very lovely!

2.4c..swoonable size. Too bad there aren't any PICTURES!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results