shape
carat
color
clarity

High karet gold with Gemstones

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi guys. Does anyone have any pics of high karet yellow gold (18k+) jewelery pieces with gemstones?

I love yellow gold and especially high karet gold and I know PS has a high karet yellow gold thread but it's really old so wondered if there were any new pics.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi theredspinel...I also love high kt yellow gold! I just received a brushed 21 kt wedding band from Sally at HOW. It's not set with gems, but I did take some shots of the 21kt next to a 14kt polished gold band, with gems.

First - a red spinel, of course! :lol: Here it is, in a few different levels of natural light:

My main impression is that the 21kt band has a lot more red/orange to the gold, and the gold is a very strong color compared to lesser karets, so the gems need to be strong enough to compete.

img_11055.jpg

img_11056.jpg

img_11057.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are some more pics, same bands, with tsavorite:

Sorry the lighting is a bit washed out. Here's one outside with just the bands that shows the difference in color better:

And with my new possibly tourmaline:

img_11059.jpg

img_11060.jpg

img_11058.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new paraiba ring is in 18K rose gold, my chrysoberyl ring is set in 18K yellow gold, my lilac spinel is set in 22K yellow gold, and my AVC + red spinel sidestones ring is set in 18K yellow gold.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the pics desertrose I love love love the brushed effect! I'm currently working with Sally... I cannot wait for my project to be completed!!!

Hi Chrono, I'd love to see your lilac spinel ring???

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My red spinel *the one in the middle* was set with 18K. I would consider a reset to 22K at some time in the future.
The spinel at the bottom, I think it loves white metal more. It really didn't move me as much next to yellow gold.

soup9.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
My demantoid garnet in 18k green gold.... demantoid__2_.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love the richness of your stones Arcadian...I can totally imagine your reset in 22ct gold :love:

I love the look of 20ct+ yellow gold (so rich!) but I feel a bit conscious of it against my skin tone.. I'm still deciding if I like it against my skin.

Garnetgirl..love the demantoid with the high karet gold, goes perfectly together. Even though it's such a small stone it totally packs a punch in that setting. I can see a very slight tint of green... how cool, I'd never seen green gold before this point =)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my 1ct+ reddish pink Mahenge spinel in 21kt gold from Sally at Heart of Water Jewels. The band has roses carved on it and inset rubies. This is one of my all time favorite rings. :twirl:

marietiger_s_21k_gold_1000_kisses_005.jpg

marietiger_s_21k_gold_1000_kisses_006.jpg

marietiger_s_21k_gold_1000_kisses_014.jpg

marietiger_s_21k_gold_1000_kisses_011.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my....speechless.. :love:

I don't know what I love more, the high gold content or the skill and detail in the gold!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
theredspinel said:
Garnetgirl..love the demantoid with the high karet gold, goes perfectly together. Even though it's such a small stone it totally packs a punch in that setting. I can see a very slight tint of green... how cool, I'd never seen green gold before this point =)

Thank you for your nice comments on my ring, Theredspinel. You're right, the colour of the green gold is quite subtle. I really only notice the green when it is next to yellow gold. Then I can see the contrast.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
_34280.jpg

Reinstein ross 20kt yellow with pink sapphire and 18kt yellow gypsy ring with pink sapphire

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red spinel in 18K

_36735.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1457965574|4005050 said:

I looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any pictures; I'm sure I posted a few here. It'll be a while before I get a chance to take it out of the vault for a photography session. I'm currently enjoying my other newer rings.

I've got to say, all the high kt gold CS rings posted here look splendid and very rich!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1458227688|4006740 said:
theredspinel|1457965574|4005050 said:

I looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any pictures; I'm sure I posted a few here. It'll be a while before I get a chance to take it out of the vault for a photography session. I'm currently enjoying my other newer rings.

I've got to say, all the high kt gold CS rings posted here look splendid and very rich!

Couldn't agree more! :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Ooh these are beauties... Mariedtiger and garnetgirl, yours are my very favorites. Gorgeous gems and rings!!!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Katharath!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have any real life pictures leela?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results