shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a series, just a movie. We enjoyed “The Little Prince” last night. Don’t look for it to be just a retelling of the book - it’s wrapped up in a modern day story and takes some liberties with Antoine de Saint Exupery’s tale. It’s still enjoyable, and worth checking out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!! We finished last night. Left us hanging but still enjoyable. Easy faire... Did you enjoy it @missy?

Hi @Slick1 It was OK. Entertaining. Not the best but not the worst series lol. Like @lilmosun wrote I would have preferred a concrete ending. I believe it was canceled so there is no season 2.

I enjoyed it...up until the unexplained ending...while it's clearly a setup for another season, it really made me feel like I had wasted my time instead of wanting more.

I think it was canceled so we won't know the ending. The book was different. Oh well. No great loss lol.

Not to thread jack because it isn't a Netflix Show but @Slick1 and anyone else reading, if you haven't seen On The Basis of Sex about Ruth Bader Ginsburg I highly recommend it.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Slick1 It was OK. Entertaining. Not the best but not the worst series lol. Like @lilmosun wrote I would have preferred a concrete ending. I believe it was canceled so there is no season 2.

I think it was canceled so we won't know the ending. The book was different. Oh well. No great loss lol.

No disappointment although I found it an enjoyable way to pass time. It was one of those shows that was easy to put down but kept going back to it..I think it was the acting carried a weak story line.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No disappointment although I found it an enjoyable way to pass time. It was one of those shows that was easy to put down but kept going back to it..I think it was the acting carried a weak story line.

Agreed. Maybe it’s just me but I find 90% of the things that are on cable are not great. I have trouble concentrating when the storyline is weak.

That’s why when I find an excellent series or movie I tell everyone lol. It’s worth shouting about.

I always appreciate recommendations though because you never know what someone might find appealing.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
If you are a true crime fan, check out Crime Scene: Disappearance at the Cecil Hotel.

It's a limited series on the death of Elisa Lam. Very well done and gives a definitive answer (at least, to me) to what happened to her.

MsCocoChanel

Rough_Rock
I recently binge watched 2 amazing psychological thriller type series on Netflix and Amazon.

Netflix: Behind Her Eyes starring Eve Hewson who is not only stunning but is the daughter of Bono from U2! Also the costuming was amazing in addition to a wild plot which keeps you guessing throughout. The series is based on a book that I may have to purchase now, lol.

Amazon: Tell Me Your Secrets is another thriller original from Amazon. I was really impressed with the acting and in particular, Lily Rabe. There are 10 episodes and I’m hoping a Season 2 as well!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not Netflix but Amazon Prime, I care a lot starring Rosamund Pike, OMG, so scary you can just imagine how it could happen (and probably does).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon: Tell Me Your Secrets is another thriller original from Amazon. I was really impressed with the acting and in particular, Lily Rabe. There are 10 episodes and I’m hoping a Season 2 as well!

Not Netflix but Amazon Prime, I care a lot starring Rosamund Pike, OMG, so scary you can just imagine how it could happen (and probably does).

I loved Tell Me Your Secrets @DrCocoChanel.
Cannot wait for another season.

@Austina ooh I will check that out, thanks. I love scary movies.

Here's a thread FYI for Amazon Prime recommendations.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not a ‘scary’ movie per se @missy, it’s scary in the sense of the subject matter. Thanks for the link to the Prime thread.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched East Side Sushi and thought it was a very good feel good movie.
It’s on Netflix until March 13 so check it out before it disappears.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved the Audrey Hepburn documentary. ❤️

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
My son and I both enjoyed ENOLA. It is quite a relevant movie since my son is a homeschooler. He was able to see the importance of homeschooling and that it should not be degraded :D.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watched The Forsyte Saga (2003). (PBS) I really enjoyed it. The clothing! Jewellery! @MakingTheGrade Irene wore a black rope bow around her neck--I stared at it forever! Beautiful shape...

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I watched the movie Philadelphia again. Sob fest. And of course Bruce....

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't a Netflix show but I didn't want to start a whole thread about it. Does anyone other than me think What We Do in the Shadows is hysterical? It took a few episodes for me to get into it but I'm a total fan. Funny and with characters that are deliciously quirky. On FX.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This isn't a Netflix show but I didn't want to start a whole thread about it. Does anyone other than me think What We Do in the Shadows is hysterical? It took a few episodes for me to get into it but I'm a total fan. Funny and with characters that are deliciously quirky. On FX.
The tv show is a spin off from the 2015 movie of the same title. Also worth a watch!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The tv show is a spin off from the 2015 movie of the same title. Also worth a watch!

the NZ movie ?
not really my cup of tea but the spin off Wellington paranormal is hileroise Wellington-Paranormal.png dead pan
i believe its available somehow in the US

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
on netflex here (although not yet the latest and saddly last season)
anyone watching Shameless
honestly its the best thing ive seen in a long long time
i can't beleave ive never heard of it before
f1dd93bb8806a9e77c6c0460aa99a98b--shameless-quotes-shameless-season.jpg
i just binged the entire first 10 seasons in about 15 days

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Worth with Michael Keaton is incredible! Heart wrenching as it is based on true events of 911.

Cocaine Cowboys was really good. The Staircase we could not stop watching.

LOVE Great British Bake Off for light hearted entertainment.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh! Hopefully this is available in the UK, love a good cop comedy

i hope when its available you get a laugh or two from it
i enjoyed it also because i knew all the places it was filmed
but it was really funny late at night when i was over tired

the real NZ police used the Wellington Paranornal actors in their social media campaign earlier in the pandemic

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just rewatched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Netflix. So good. It's amazing how I forget movies so I can rewatch 10 years later like it is the first time I am seeing it. One advantage to a poor memory. :lol:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My daughter & I are currently watching the Good Doctor & are both enjoying it.
I must admit I’ve cried a lot. We both “love” Shawn!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I are enjoying watching Virgin River!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unforgivable with Sandra Bullock.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
We’re watching Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime right now. Husband’s a big Robert Jordan fan (my taste is more Ursula Le Guin and Anne Rice). So far, it’s good! Very diverse cast which I enjoy.

For Netflix, I recommend Move To Heaven which is a Korean drama about a young man with Asperger’s who runs a trauma cleaning company with his father. But his life changes when his father passes away and an estranged uncle is asked to become his guardian.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We watched this last week. Very powerful ending.

Also watched last weekend, I'll not reveal the ending. Thoroughly enjoyed the film but I was thinking about it later and decided I was disappointed in the ending.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Witcher season 2 and Selling Sunset season 4 are out. I just binged them. So fun.

Yep, enjoyed Unforgivable too. Sandra Bullock was really good.

Shot Caller - good too.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
For Netflix, I recommend Move To Heaven which is a Korean drama about a young man with Asperger’s who runs a trauma cleaning company with his father. But his life changes when his father passes away and an estranged uncle is asked to become his guardian.

I enjoyed Move to Heaven too.
Have you seen Navillera (also a Korean drama)? I actually enjoyed it a bit more but I'm a sucker for anything with dance in it. The first few episodes were a bit tropey but it got better as it went on. I don't usually get emotional with dramas but this one got me a few times.
Found this synopsis on the net: "Navillera tells the story of a 70-year-old retired mailman who decides to pursue his life-long dream of learning ballet, which does not please his family. ... He is struggling financially and thinks of giving up ballet until meeting Deok-chul, which changes his mind."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results