shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back yard ashes
predictable but really funny (a few jibes at kiwis but all in good fun)
MV5BMTcxNjc5MjM5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODY3OTk2MDE@._V1_.jpg a group of freinds play lots of backyard cricket on the holidays
Then a pomp in brought in at work (who plays club cricket) to restructure the bussiness resulting in residencies
He buys the house next door

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cracker jack
A cheeky young bloke joins the local lawn bowls club to benifit from free parking near his work, but the bowling club is short on playing members and is struggling to survive
MV5BMjI4YzBhZDMtOWU4MS00YjRmLTgwNGMtOTA3OThjY2U4NzMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc3MTE2MA@@._V1_UY1200_CR...jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Merger
A few tears
A local Aussie rules football club is about to fold
a local past big star and greenie who ruined the town's economy is convinced to coach and he recruits refugees to play to make up numbers
p16098275_p_v10_aa.jpg

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Bling Empire. I'm halfway into the first episode of S1 and I'm hooked. Flashy, sparkly, dazzling, mindless, and fun.

I'm watching this as well and currently on episode 6. Kane is my favorite...I just love him!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds Have you watched Kath & Kim? Good silly fun and a distraction from everything else happening.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Have you watched Kath & Kim? Good silly fun and a distraction from everything else happening.

Yes Im familiar with Kath and Kim

its been on free to air tv for years
i find i enjoy it if my funny bone has been lubricated by certain adult beverages first :mrgreen2:
Stone cold sober i change the. Channel :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling Empire. I'm halfway into the first episode of S1 and I'm hooked. Flashy, sparkly, dazzling, mindless, and fun.

I agree! I watched the whole season in two days! The diamonds and bling are so gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Penguin Bloom...excellent (IMO) movie based on a true story. Heartwarming if you like that sort of thing. :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting into Korean dramas again. Start Up is very interesting, but long.
I love these dramas but sometimes they only show one season and no more... so kinda leaves you hanging. Some of the earlier dramas did end after a season. So unless it looks like it is going to end I try to stay away. I love the food themed dramas...

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisy and Diamonds, tried to pull up Backyard Ashes and Crackerjack and Netflix here in the states don’t have them on offer. Kath and Kim came up..,which I love but seen most of the episodes and special movies...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure it already mentioned. The Danish show Rita. It's about a teacher who doesn't really have her stuff together.

I thought it was quite amusing
I find the more foreign language stuff you watch, the more you watch
ive watched a Mexican and then an Indian movie the other night
there is a whole world of non-English language stories out thre which is the best thing about Netflex

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy and Diamonds, tried to pull up Backyard Ashes and Crackerjack and Netflix here in the states don’t have them on offer. Kath and Kim came up..,which I love but seen most of the episodes and special movies...

Oh poo
That kind of thing is very frustrating !
I read a review that NZ has one of the worst most limited selection of netflex so im sad you can't see these

I often see a thing come up on google ? Telling me how to make my netflex account work so it thinks im in another location but it looks too complicated for me

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love these dramas but sometimes they only show one season and no more... so kinda leaves you hanging. Some of the earlier dramas did end after a season. So unless it looks like it is going to end I try to stay away. I love the food themed dramas...

Most Asian dramas are not planned for multiple seasons. I think this is actually better for coherent storytelling.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure about the “hidden” part (as I just discovered this) but is certainly a gem of a series is Peaky Blinders. This crime drama/historical fiction boasts a talented cast and is well written, imho.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My guilty pleasure for winding down before bed is the Korean heaven's garden
Its kind of family freindly soapy

Heaven's_Garden_(Korean_Drama)-p2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone watching "Firefly Lane"? We just finished watching it last night. It was pretty good. Sort of like a soap opera. Entertaining enough.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Anyone watching "Firefly Lane"? We just finished watching it last night. It was pretty good. Sort of like a soap opera. Entertaining enough.

I started it this evening. I do like it but so far it has many things that are not in the book. But as always the book is always better

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started it this evening. I do like it but so far it has many things that are not in the book. But as always the book is always better

It is very different in some ways from the book. I don't want to give anything away but in one specific area it is quite different.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
These are my fav series:
  • Sense8.
  • The OA.
  • Stranger Things.
  • Altered Carbon.
  • Mindhunter.

I really, really wanted to watch/like Altered Carbon. I persevered with season one because it was such a good story - but I couldn't make out a word of what they were saying. With season two I just gave up. I don't understand why program makers go to effort of making a program then film the scenes in such poor lighting with inaudible mumbling that you have no idea what's going on. Glad you are enjoying it, the story had a lot to offer.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I watched it on the first day not even realized it was new
Enjoyed it very very much
i don't read much fiction but im tempted to read the books

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is very different in some ways from the book. I don't want to give anything away but in one specific area it is quite different.

I cheated and googled (after i had finished watching)

New show dropped today on Netflix to celebrate Valentine’s Day and I thought this might be interesting for us bling lovers - it’s a show on modern Indian weddings and basically follows 6 couples as they plan these huge opulent weddings. Have only watched half of an episode so far but it’s interesting - no drama, more informational and the outfits and bling is beautiful.

- trailer if you’re interested!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved White Tiger on Netflix.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
New show dropped today on Netflix to celebrate Valentine’s Day and I thought this might be interesting for us bling lovers - it’s a show on modern Indian weddings and basically follows 6 couples as they plan these huge opulent weddings. Have only watched half of an episode so far but it’s interesting - no drama, more informational and the outfits and bling is beautiful.

- trailer if you’re interested!

Thank you:appl:
You got me at no drama =)2
Ill see if its available here

Edit !
Have added to my list
it looks a really nice one to watch when i can't sleep (i mean that in a positive way - as opposed to crime dramas or docos or soooky scary stuff or very in-depth drama that requires a lot of concentration)

Thank you:appl:
You got me at no drama =)2
Ill see if its available here

Edit !
Have added to my list
it looks a really nice one to watch when i can't sleep (i mean that in a positive way - as opposed to crime dramas or docos or soooky scary stuff or very in-depth drama that requires a lot of concentration)

That’s actually the perfect use for the show - watching it in a low pressure environment. I think the bling was best in episode 1, but the stories are sweet throughout.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes!! We finished last night. Left us hanging but still enjoyable. Easy faire... Did you enjoy it @missy?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I enjoyed it...up until the unexplained ending...while it's clearly a setup for another season, it really made me feel like I had wasted my time instead of wanting more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results