shape
carat
color
clarity

Hiccup in ring order

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I recently purchased a sapphire from Richard Homer and had him send it to Whiteflash to be set.

Whiteflash just received the sapphire, and upon inspection, they found an indented natural on the girdle.
So they won''t set it.

They''re sending the stone back to Richard for him to inspect it, and if I want, they can send the setting to Richard to have him set it.

From reading Pricescope, it seems like Richard Homer is a trustworthy stone cutter with a reputation to uphold. So I don''t think he''d want to sell a sub-par stone.

I''m hoping this is nothing major, and it sorts itself out...

Is there anything I should be particularly concerned about?
Or should it be okay to proceed as planned??
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 5:34:07 PM
Author:lsyama

I recently purchased a sapphire from Richard Homer and had him send it to Whiteflash to be set.

Whiteflash just received the sapphire, and upon inspection, they found an indented natural on the girdle.
So they won''t set it.

They''re sending the stone back to Richard for him to inspect it, and if I want, they can send the setting to Richard to have him set it.

From reading Pricescope, it seems like Richard Homer is a trustworthy stone cutter with a reputation to uphold. So I don''t think he''d want to sell a sub-par stone.

I''m hoping this is nothing major, and it sorts itself out...

Is there anything I should be particularly concerned about?
Or should it be okay to proceed as planned??
33.gif
Richard Homer has a stellar reputation. Wait and see what he has to say. Good luck, can''t wait for pics once it''s set. I''m sure it will work out!! Keep us posted!!
1.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I am sure it will all work out too! Richard is wonderful to do business with and I am sure he will revert with a response that you will be satisfied with.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kaleigh and simplysplendid - thanks for the reassuring words!
35.gif

At this point, it looks like Whiteflash will be sending the sapphire and setting to Richard, and he will have one of his jewelers set it.
Richard has been a pleasure to work with, so I''m hoping this last bit will go smoothly as well.
He just cautioned that it would take a little longer to complete the ring, as it will be passing through more hands.

The only thing I''m really bummed about is that I won''t have the awesome photos from Whiteflash!
I think I''ll try asking Richard if he would be able to take some photos of the completed ring.

Will update if anything happens!

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
I think Pricescope forums should be called "Richards'' Fan Club" insted. So don''t try to criticize him, you will probably be slaughered...No just kiddin
2.gif
I am sure it will sort itself out, and a little more waiting will only make you happier when it arrives.

Just be sure to post us the pics at the moment it arrives, even if it''s in the middle of the night!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m sorry that you ran into trouble. That stinks! Hope it sorts out easily. Can''t wait to see the ring. I''m sure it will be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results