shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi jayrenay9... question about your vatche!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Hi jayrenay9!

I had a separate thread started asking whether anyone had seen a particular vatche setting in person, and kcoursolle suggested I reach out to you to get your opinion.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/has-anybody-seen-this-setting-in-person.60713/

So it looks like you have a similar setting from vatche? What do you think? The pic really does look gorgeous. What size is your diamond? Mine is 1.5, ring size is 6.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:55:59 PM
Author:thumbelina
Hi jayrenay9!

I had a separate thread started asking whether anyone had seen a particular vatche setting in person, and kcoursolle suggested I reach out to you to get your opinion.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/has-anybody-seen-this-setting-in-person.60713/

So it looks like you have a similar setting from vatche? What do you think? The pic really does look gorgeous. What size is your diamond? Mine is 1.5, ring size is 6.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Hi Thumbelina,

Yes, I have seen that ring in person and it is beautiful!!
30.gif
I tried it on, but it was a little more of a "halo" than I wanted. I actually didn''t want any kind of a halo at all since I had just reset my original pear into a micropave halo RHR. Anyway, I was so taken by the beauty and quality of these rings that I had to have one. I almost got the round flowerish one, but on my finger I just really liked the one I got the best.

My stone is a 1.74 and my finger is a size 7.

I''ll post some pictures for you.

jayrenay

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the one that I went to look at with the intention of buying, but fell for the one I bought.

1570_large.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
And here are some pictures of my ring.

vatche4picin1.jpg

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jayrenay9!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Your ring is just gorgeous... and it looks so big!!

I just love Ali Landry''s setting, and am looking for something similar. I was originally looking at a Tacori setting but the bars on the side of the ring just below the detail were too big on the actual ring, and not far enough down the side (which made the ring look disjointed, in my humble opinion). I asked if it was possible to have those bars brought farther down the side or removed altogether but, sadly, it was not possible. The thing that I was really concerned about was whether the side bars on the vatche setting went far enough down the side. From the look of your ring, it doesn''t seem like those bars are that big and they go half way down the shank thus not interfering with the lines of the ring. Just lovely. As it turns out, I like the Vatche design of the "halo" better than the Tacori anyway!

Thanks again for your help... you''ve really made me feel more confident about potentially buying a setting i''ve never seen before!

BTW, from what jeweler did you get your setting? You wouldn''t happen to be located in California, would you??

tacori.floral.jpg

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
here''s a photo of Ali Landry''s ring...

LandryRing.jpg

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
and to keep it all in one thread, here''s the ring i''m looking at...

vatche168.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:56:38 PM
Author: thumbelina
here''s a photo of Ali Landry''s ring...
Funny you should mention Ali Landry''s ring because I was going to mention that! I was just looking at her ring today and the Vatche you are thinking about came to mind!!

The bars on the side aren''t very big, but they definitely don''t go down half way, maybe a third of the way down?

Yes, I am in California, So Cal. I got it at Readers Fine Jewelers in Santa Monica.

http://readersjewelers.com/

Are you anywhere near them?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll see if I can find a picture of the side of my ring so that you can see how far down the bars go. The pics are on my other computer, so I''ll check later.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Btw, I think this one also looks like Ali''s ring.

flowervatchering927_edit.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
This is the best I can do for a sideview

sideview_band_927.jpg

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Jayrenay9... the bars don''t look big at all!
36.gif
I really appreciate your opinions. If I decide to go forward, I''ll post pics for you to see!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results