shape
carat
color
clarity

HI Im new, here''s MY ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Technically its not "done" as the ring itself will be swapped out next week (when we can pay for it). The one it''s in now isn''t far off though. The real one is a really heavy Stuller Solstice Solitaire 6 prong, size 5.5 (well, when they size it...)

The stone is a .86ct, Star 129 cut, H color and SI2 clarity that you cannot even see inclusions in. Sparkles like nothing Ive ever seen.

amering.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS AME~!~!
appl.gif

Your ring is lovely.
love.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey ame, it's beautiful. Enjoy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first Star129 (LINK) cut around here
1.gif
How did this happen to you ?

There was very littel atlk about this diamond cut (Link to Old Thread ) and inconclusive.
read.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually browsed here looking for some posts on this and not much was found...We were informed about them through our Jeweler that they would be getting a really cool new cut, and they are the only ones (or were then) in the midwest to get it. When I saw it I fell in love. The amount of light and brightness was insane and then I found out it was a I color. The Is we saw were BRIGHTER than a "standard" D. I was shocked. Before we saw these we were looking at Ds and Es and Fs so that we would have a nice bright white...and then this made it possible to buy a G or H without feeling I gave up on color.

I looked at a few VS's and a few VVS's and then saw a few SI1s and 2s and could seriously not tell a freaking difference, even above 10x magnification. The jeweler said that if you are looking for gorgeous and want something reasonably priced at the same time that this is the way to do it because you can buy what would be relatively "cheap" in a regualr round brilliant cut and have it look like some flawless colorless stunner. Its not much more expensive than a regular cut and its whatever the highest level of cut is...excellent I guess?!

So...there ya go. The story of my stunner.

In person it's absolutely breathtaking. I stare ALL the time and have nearly wrecked a few times in traffic. The amount of scintellation is just astonishing, I blind folks in traffic and Ive had folks ask me 4 different times at stoplights about it. The first time was pretty creepy but the rest of them make me laugh. We were browsing Tiffany's for a keyring for a friend and they were all over my hand checking it out. It seriously looks better than their "tiffany diamonds".

I have it insured (chubb) and I think because its a special cut it cost me more. Worth it.

The direct site is Star-Direct.com I think.

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
wow! it sounds and looks lovely.. do you have more pictures? maybe some closeups?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been trying to take some good ones but even my macro lens wont get a good shot. The flash just makes it a pain. Ill keep playing around to get a better one though.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's really pretty. The setting you chose is very tasteful, too. Enjoy it!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty! I had not heard of a star cut before. I'd love to see more pictures!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my set (promise band and e-ring). I had the Jeweler take shots the other day of it in a 6 prong (mine's not ready yet).

My camera couldn't get a good enough shot without a flash.

ameset.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is another of just the Ering.

newring2.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the extra pictures, ame!

It almost looks like a round radiant with the "crushed ice" look...Very pretty!

You say the other ring is your "promise band." Will that be your wedding ring? It looks like the Tiffany Etoli. I like it!

I'm curious about the 4 people asking you about it at stoplights...Do you drive a convertible? If not, there must be some sparkle for people to notice it through the glass!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
No but I have a big sunroof. It does sparkle a LOT. Its very fiery.

The promise ring I will wear as a part of the set. Ering-plain band that matches-promise band.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ame, your rings are beautiful--elegant and classy! I love the promise ring ...would you consider using that as your wedding band?
love.gif

And be careful--I've almost gotten into several accidents staring at the sunlight sparklies in the car!!
naughty.gif

"Uh, officer, I was staring at my diamond" isn't going to cut it...
rolleyes.gif
errrr.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im considering making a duplicate as a wedding band, I haven't decided yet really.

I have learned that staring at the sparkly isn't a good idea while driving
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ame, lovely ring. Really unusual diamond cut. I like it. Love that promise band. Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results