shape
carat
color
clarity

hi! i''m in major need of some help and pointers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jannat84

Rough_Rock
hi everyone! all of u are so informative on this forum and are such a great help to everyone! this is why i thought that there would be no better group of people then u all to discuss this matter with...

so i''m looking at engagement rings and i know what i want but i can''t get that in my price range...i''m looking to spend no more than $9000. i would like a 1.5 carat princess cut ring in a simple solitaire setting, an f-h color and upto a VS2 in clarity...however i have looked at many diamonds online and i know that if i want that sized stone i have to sacrifice something...so here''s a stone that is a G SI1 but I don''t know how to read the ideal scope or the ASET...can u guys look at it and tell me more about it? maybe u can give me some pointers as to what i should be looking for in my quest for an engagement ring? and also any online vendor suggestions would be greatly appreciated...i did a search thru pricescope but i can''t seem to find any vendors besides whiteflash that have an idealscope image...

any insight or advice on anything would be greatly appreciated! thanks so much!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The IS and ASET of the WF stone is not that great.

GOG has a good stone but slightly lower in color grade, I VS2, http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4791/.

From the JA stones, #1, #3 and #6 looks promising. Ask them for IS of the stones. Not sure how many you can ask at one time though so in order of preference, #3, #1, #6.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 2:39:28 AM
Author:jannat84
hi everyone! all of u are so informative on this forum and are such a great help to everyone! this is why i thought that there would be no better group of people then u all to discuss this matter with...

so i'm looking at engagement rings and i know what i want but i can't get that in my price range...i'm looking to spend no more than $9000. i would like a 1.5 carat princess cut ring in a simple solitaire setting, an f-h color and upto a VS2 in clarity...however i have looked at many diamonds online and i know that if i want that sized stone i have to sacrifice something...so here's a stone that is a G SI1 but I don't know how to read the ideal scope or the ASET...can u guys look at it and tell me more about it? maybe u can give me some pointers as to what i should be looking for in my quest for an engagement ring? and also any online vendor suggestions would be greatly appreciated...i did a search thru pricescope but i can't seem to find any vendors besides whiteflash that have an idealscope image...

any insight or advice on anything would be greatly appreciated! thanks so much!
Welcome!

To be honest I am not loving any of these diamonds personally. I would recommend you ask WF or James Allen what they can find you which matches your specs with an excellent cut, also you can try these vendors.

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.exceldiamonds.com

All of the above have in house Princess with ASET and photographs.

With some of the diamonds such as James Allen diamond #3, a very thin area of the girdle is noted, check very carefully if you were to buy that one that the very thin part of the girdle isn't a durability issue, not always the case but definitely warrants checking here and the same with diamond #1.

jannat84

Rough_Rock
thanks! i will look into the other websites...does anyone have any experience of buying thru exceldiamonds.com?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 2:58:16 PM
Author: jannat84
thanks! i will look into the other websites...does anyone have any experience of buying thru exceldiamonds.com?
I am glad to help!

I haven''t purchased from Excel personally but they do have a good rep here.

DaCounselor

Rough_Rock
Janna, if something has to give I would first say drop from a floor of VS2 down to an SI1 and see what that does to your options. I have looked at many, many SI1''s that are eye-clean and look fantastic. Personally I will not pay for "extra" clarity that I cannot see.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ditto stone-cold. That I colored stone from GOG is listed as being on hold; were you the one? It looks fantastic, and in a well cut princess, you really have nothing to worry about with I color. My AGS0 princess is an I that faces up like an F. The only thing I don''t love about the GOG stone is that it''s perceptibly off-square, with a L:W ratio of 1.04.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results