shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi! I want new rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabienne

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I''ve been lurking on PS on and off for a few months or more now but have been heavily lurking the past two weeks. I have been going to sleep anywhere from an hour or three past my bedtime and paying for it in the morning! I believe that I am on currently on page 59 of the SMTR mega thread. (My computer has been on standby every night this week with lots ot open tabs! )I get sidetracked every once in a while with other searches for information so my research has been slow going since there are only a certain number of hours in the day. I have a few questions on a few things and I have tried my best to look up the answers myself.

My e-ring (3/07) was a complete surprise to me and was purchased from Zales. My then-SO wanted to surprise me so he didn''t ask me anything about what I was intersted in. He got me a three stone ring and I had always considered myself a solitaire type of girl. I hated the ring and didn''t know what to do so I just let it grow on me (kinda) since I didn''t have the heart to tell him that I didn''t like it. Only recently, after lurking on here, I told him that I hated it at first and that Zales ( or any mall store) is not known for high quality diamonds. But here is the worst part of the whole e-ring; last year, I worked with someone in my classroom 3x a week (sometimes more) who had a VERY similar ring.

So now that I have been educating myself on diamonds, I am determined to get closer to what I want, even if it takes me five years and even if I have to upgrade/replace everything myself. So, I''ll try not to ramble much more and get to why I came out of lurking.

I no longer consider myself a solitaire girl and I prefer three stone diamond rings.

While I was in the SMTR thread, I believe there was a ring that had a princess stone (I love squares!) and had two RBs as sidestones. When I clicked on the thread for more info on it, I think the page no longer existed. I can''t remember whose it was? Does anyone here know the ring of which I speak?

Is it possible to find a ring with a princess cut as the center stone and RBs on the side or vice versa? I love squares but since what I''m really addicted to is "fire and brilliance", I am trying to incorporate both into the three stone portion but not sure of how it would look or if possible.

I would like my setting to have melee ( I think this the term--tiny stones on the side) but I am looking for high quality melee such as the ACA that Whiteflash offers. From what I have read, I can expect high cut melee as a standard from Whiteflash, Signed Pieces, and some designer rings. Other than that, I don''t know who else I should be looking at.

I am really not interested in getting custom work from Whiteflash because of the return policy and I am so indecisive at this point. I am really hoping that there is a stock setting somewhere with high quality melee diamonds that will satisfy meet. The current engagement ring I have has only six side stones and I would like more...possibly like a half or 3/4 eternity band. I am still open to either channel set or prong shank/side but I know that I don''t want just the three stones.

I saw a Stuller setting that I wanted to consider but there was no information on the side stones, so I am discouraged by that.

My daughter has distracted me quite a bit as I typed this so I have forgotten my other questions/concerns. I will post more when I remember them and I have given her some attention. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hiya! If pave/melee on the band is important to you, you should have a look at the work of Leon Mege. He does custom work, so it wouldn't be a problem for him to set a princess main stone and round sides or vice versa, and he's got a reputation for being an artist when it comes to pave.

To give you an idea of his handiwork, here's an asscher 3-stone (with bullets for sides, I think? love this look!) of his with 3-sided pave:

leon3stoneasscherr221.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a princess 3-stone of his--without pave and round sides, but I thought maybe that would help you visualize a bit better (plus it''s gorgeous!
30.gif
).

leon3stoneprincessr1001.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
A poster named jellybean posted this princess with round sides, but wasn''t able to say whose ring it is. Looks lovely to me, though!

setting_princessroundsides.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:07:51 PM
Author: gwendolyn
And here''s a princess 3-stone of his--without pave and round sides, but I thought maybe that would help you visualize a bit better (plus it''s gorgeous!
30.gif
).

I love this example! Snooper''s beautiful ring!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:17:57 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 3/15/2009 2:07:51 PM

30.gif
).

I love this example! Snooper''s beautiful ring!
Ooh, that ring belongs to a PSer?! I had no idea--Snooper, that ring is GORGEOUS!!!!! Love it!!
30.gif

Thanks, Coati dahlink!
2.gif

fabienne

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much gwendolyn! So now, I know that princesses and RBs can be combined..I like the way they look but its looking like that would have to be a custom setting. I was on Leon''s website last night I believe, but I''ll check again since you recommended it. I should clarify, that I''d prefer not to have a setting customized so that I can spend the bulk of my meager budget on cut. I imagine that a custom setting would eat up a great por

I''d be willing just to keep all three stones princess shape but I''m not wanting to sacrifice the side stones. I get the feeling i may be using the wrong terminology but I''m not interested in pave because although I love the look, I am scared that I will lose stones somehow since it seems so delicate.

Thanks so much for replying to my post.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am confused about what you are searching for. Are you looking to reset your current 3 princess stones in a new setting with melee on the band? Or are you looking for new round side stones? How much of your original ering are you planning on keeping?

Leon Mege would be more expensive that WF. If you have a budget it would help PSers direct you towards what you want.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knox jewlers has some pretty 3 stones. Here is one.

Edit - here is the link for all their 3 stones!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:05:43 PM
Hiya! If pave/melee on the band is important to you, you should have a look at the work of Leon Mege. He does custom work, so it wouldn''t be a problem for him to set a princess main stone and round sides or vice versa, and he''s got a reputation for being an artist when it comes to pave.

To give you an idea of his handiwork, here''s an asscher 3-stone (with bullets for sides, I think? love this look!) of his with 3-sided pave:

YUMMMM this is amazing
18.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like your style! I want new rings too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results