shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi help with yellow stone please

alfie

Rough_Rock
Hi there I have a Victorian hallmarked Silver large brooch dated 1904 I think but I’m unsure if the stone is a citrine or just glass ,it really is a beautiful stone and a gorgeous colour but I don’t know for sure any help would be great thank you 1333EA55-08DD-4CD7-AEFE-EB7EDA43775A.jpeg

Attachments

• B4DDF1FB-3874-4949-A56E-C3078753B6AD.jpeg
    B4DDF1FB-3874-4949-A56E-C3078753B6AD.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 4
  • 020853A7-269B-4A7F-80A6-335C70285123.jpeg
    020853A7-269B-4A7F-80A6-335C70285123.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 26B52920-B0AF-4537-9A09-A796643DC5BA.jpeg
    26B52920-B0AF-4537-9A09-A796643DC5BA.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 4

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, just no way to know whether it is glass, synthetic, or Citrine. Just cannot tell by a picture.

alfie

Rough_Rock
Yes, a gemologists at a jewelry store can identify the stone for you, though you most likely will have to pay for it to be done.

Yes I would think so too but I don’t want to sell it incorrectly saying it’s citrine if it’s glass ,determined to find out though

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I would think so too but I don’t want to sell it incorrectly saying it’s citrine if it’s glass ,determined to find out though

It may cost you as much as you would ask, especially if you want an appraisal, which in most cases is an inflated insurance replacement value higher than retail. You would want to know what the store would sale the piece for.

Best just to put it on consignment with the jeweler if a citrine, you'll make more money than on the net, though it will take longer. But that may be the route to go to avoid identification and appraisal costs, as long as the jeweler would be interested in taking it for consignment, they may not.

alfie

Rough_Rock
It may cost you as much as you would ask, especially if you want an appraisal, which in most cases is an inflated insurance replacement value higher than retail. You would want to know what the store would sale the piece for.

Best just to put it on consignment with the jeweler if a citrine, you'll make more money than on the net, though it will take longer. But that may be the route to go to avoid identification and appraisal costs, as long as the jeweler would be interested in taking it for consignment, they may not.

That’s a good plan I think that’s the way to go thanks for your advice much appreciated

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
A simple presidium gem tester should be able to identify whether the stone is glass or citrine, or something else. It can't determine whether it's natural or lab created, but any jeweler or pawn shop can provide this service (the tester) at what I imagine would be a symbolic fee.

alfie

Rough_Rock
A simple presidium gem tester should be able to identify whether the stone is glass or citrine, or something else. It can't determine whether it's natural or lab created, but any jeweler or pawn shop can provide this service (the tester) at what I imagine would be a symbolic fee.
thank you I have just looked at a presidium tester they are quite expensive here in the uk ,I’m going to take it to a jeweller I think it’s the best option

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
thank you I have just looked at a presidium tester they are quite expensive here in the uk ,I’m going to take it to a jeweller I think it’s the best option

Oh no I wasn't suggesting you buy one. It's pointless for someone who doesn't need it on a regular basis. But yes, people who do need it on a regular basis (like jewelers) have it and will usually offer it as a service to their customers.

alfie

Rough_Rock
Oh no I wasn't suggesting you buy one. It's pointless for someone who doesn't need it on a regular basis. But yes, people who do need it on a regular basis (like jewelers) have it and will usually offer it as a service to their customers.

Hi there no it’s ok I didn’t think that ,it would make things easier when you come across stones that you don’t understand though ,need to go and learn about gemstones

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there I have a Victorian hallmarked Silver large brooch dated 1904 I think but I’m unsure if the stone is a citrine or just glass ,it really is a beautiful stone and a gorgeous colour but I don’t know for sure any help would be great thank you 1333EA55-08DD-4CD7-AEFE-EB7EDA43775A.jpeg

its a lovelly brooch
have you worn it ?
did you inherit it or did you buy it ?

im hoping once the new Prncess of Wales starts wearing brooches like she is the Dutchess of Conwell brooches will have their time again

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A jewellery or pawn broker store should have a Presidium tester and if you are nice and sweet hopefully they will do it for free. A presidium can tell straight away if it’s glass or something else.

alfie

Rough_Rock
its a lovelly brooch
have you worn it ?
did you inherit it or did you buy it ?

im hoping once the new Prncess of Wales starts wearing brooches like she is the Dutchess of Conwell brooches will have their time again

Hello thanks it really is prettyI puchased from a carboot sale a week ago ,I don’t wear brooches really and it’s very heavy so will sell it eventually ,I believe it’s for Scottish sash as the brooch is slightly curved ,just need to find out about the stone

alfie

Rough_Rock
A jewellery or pawn broker store should have a Presidium tester and if you are nice and sweet hopefully they will do it for free. A presidium can tell straight away if it’s glass or something else.

Hi thanks that’s what I’m hoping too ,I’m nice so in with a shot I hope lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results