shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ravengirl

Rough_Rock
I''ve been a long time lurker on Pricescope, and decided that enough was enough! Time to post. How silly is it that I feel nervous typing this?! :) I''ve really enjoyed reading everyone posts, and congratulations to everyone that has been getting engaged!

Here''s a little background: I''ve been dating my wonderful boyfriend for just over two years. We met freshman year of college--we lived in the same dorm. Actually, we lived in the honors dorm---yes, we''re both kinda nerdy :). We were best friends for about a year, and then started dating. Last semester we studied abroad in Rome together, which was the most amazing experience of my life. I''m so glad that I was able to share that with him---we had a great time.

I''m applying to law school for next fall, and my boyfriend is applying to graduate school for creative writing. Luckily, we''ve found lots of schools that we both love that have great programs for both law and writing. We actually are trying to narrow our list down a bit (we have over 15 schools on our current list!). So, the basic plan is to see what acceptances we get back, and make a decision from there. While we would consider a long distance relationship, we''ve decided that''s it''s important to us to be in the same place, and we''re both willing to make at least some compromises for each other.

So, now to the proposal talk! We used to think that maybe we would get engaged in Rome and married after graduation, but when the time came we decided that we both weren''t ready (and honestly, we were just too young). Now we''re thinking about getting engaged during or after our first year of grad school (to give us time to get settled into that chapter of our lives) and then a wedding the following summer. That would put us at summer of 2010. So, a wedding is still a long way off, but what the heck, add me to the list!
36.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Hi ravengirl - welcome to the LIW forum!
35.gif

I know exactly what you mean about feeling nervous posting for the first time - I felt the same way!

Good luck with choosing the right grad programs for the both of you, and I look forward to hearing your engagement story in a few years!
2.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
hey raven, i think we were all nervous posting here the first time. we there are a bunch of wonderful girls here and after all we are all going through the same thing.... awaiting a proposal
2.gif
see you around the forum and welcome

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
35.gif
Best of luck picking your schools!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ravengirl, welcome to Pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results