shape
carat
color
clarity

HI AGAIN! NEED YOUR HELP! THANKS!![:love:]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!
I need your help again.
thanks so much to everyone here, I really think this forum is a big help!
here is diamond info

Certificate 73221207D (E.G.L)
Weight 2.55 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color G
Clarity SI3
Measurements 8.74 - 8.71 x 5.45 mm
Depth 62.5
Table 57.0
Crown 15.1
Pavilion 43.5
Girdle THIN TO SL. THICK FACETED
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE

so , what do you all think?
Rich can you post a DiamCalc image for this?
thank you again!
Guslik
loopy.gif

sorry ,almost forgot, the price is $5499.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Cut is quite nice... Sounds an AGS 0... Can you get a sarin to find out angles??
As per the SI 3... I guess you know that you'll be able to see a fair amount of inclusions... Am I right???
1.gif

The price... Well, it is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally low... Being the cert an EGL, it makes me a bit suspicious... The lab is EGL LA, and this is a good thing... It could be quite a deal, just make sure you aren't paying the 5K++ for a I I1 or I2...

micromonkey

Rough_Rock
I'm not the pro so get a 2nd opinoin but here is a .gem file (gemreader=100%free)

Attachments

• 255egl.gem
    1.2 KB · Views: 42

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/2/2003 1
6.gif
0:15 PM micromonkey wrote:

I'm not the pro so get a 2nd opinoin but here is a .gem file (gemreader=100%free)

----------------

Hi!
thanks a lot!
I was able to download GemAdviser 1.1 , I just don't know how you can make .gem type files for each particular diamond. How could you do it for 2.55ct stone for example?
please explain.
Guslik

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With the DiamCalc software we can export to a .gem file for use/review in the Gem Advisor software.

Here's another possibility (took a screen shot) with a simulated IdealScope image. All the white under the table is leakage which is what you can expect in a 2ct diamond for that price and also considering it's more than likely an Imperfect stone.

There are literally hundreds to thousands of possibilities you can have based on changing the minor facets (40 of them in all).

The BEST .gem files that can be generated can be done on the actual stone itself by scanning it in with the proper hardware/software.

Peace,
Rhino

guslik.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's one on an actual stone we scanned in for a client. The scan shows the real deviations that exist within the stone covering not only all the major facets but also the minors as well.

Peace,
Rhino

Attachments

• br81esi1gem.gem
    22.4 KB · Views: 29

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/2/2003 7:56:58 PM Rhino wrote:

Here's one on an actual stone we scanned in for a client. The scan shows the real deviations that exist within the stone covering not only all the major facets but also the minors as well.

Peace,
Rhino
----------------
hi Rhino!
Thanks so much for the help , I would really love to buy my stone from someone as knowledgeable as you are , unfortunately I can't afford your prices.
Thanks again
Guslik
twirl.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Guslik.

Are you sure you didn't mean $5500 per carat on the price?

At $5499, this stone would be priced way too cheap for a G/SI3, or even a G/I1 (or even an H/I1).

I would expect a correctly graded G/SI3 to cost you in the $12,000-13,000 range from an internet dealer, and a correctly graded G/I1 to cost you in the $9500 to $10,500 range. An H/I1 would probably be in the $8500 to $9500 range...

Do you see what I'm getting at?

If this stone is really a correctly graded G/SI3 or G/I1 which looks good to the eye, and it's only $5500, I would snap it up. You can always have it recut to eliminate the light leakage, and still be WAY ahead of the game.

One caution though. If the stone is coming from a dealer, something's probably wrong. Most dealers know exactly what their stones are worth. The pricing of this stone sounds in line for a "fracture-filled clarity-enhanced" stone. That's almost exactly what a G/I2 enhanced to an SI3 appearance would go for. Does the EGL cert state "clarity enhanced" on it?

If not, make sure you have it checked out by a good independent appraiser for this possibility, along with any other possible snafus. You know the saying- when it seem to good to be true, it usually is.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:13:35 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Does the EGL cert state "clarity enhanced" on it?

If not, make sure you have it checked out by a good independent appraiser for this possibility, along with any other possible snafus. You know the saying- when it seem to good to be true, it usually is.
----------------

Hi!
here is exact copy of EGL certificate online , it does not say CE anywhere.
I've certificates for the CE Stones and they always put "clarity enhanced" in "COMMENTS".
Does it mean I can't relay on EGL? is it possible for them not to put CE note??

Certificate 73221207D
Weight 2.55 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color G
Clarity SI3
Measurements 8.74 - 8.71 x 5.45 mm
Depth 62.5
Table 57.0
Crown 15.1
Pavilion 43.5
Girdle THIN TO SL. THICK FACETED
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Comments

UGS Appraisal Value

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:29:24 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

What did the UGS appraise it for?
----------------
It says nothing in this line.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be signing off here, so I'll give you my thoughts.

EGL will note on their cert if a stone is clarity enhanced. You don't have to worry about them.

The thing you DO have to worry about is a dealer selling this diamond for that amount of money. If that's the case, something's fishy or the dealer is naive. He could get significantly more money liquidating the stone to a diamond wholesaler than selling it to you at that price.

Another thing to watch out for is if the diamond is being offered on Ebay. There have been several scams on Ebay where the diamond offered was not the one represented.

In the unlikely scenario that the jeweler doesn't know what he is doing, and the diamond matches the cert, buy it.

If it is being offered by a private individual, and the diamond matches the cert, buy it.

Proceed with caution though. Be sure and have the stone checked out by an independent appraiser before purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results