shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Storm! Do your magic geometry thing for me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Karl!

Can you do that magic thing you do and tell me how big the table, lgfs, etc are on my new (chipped) transitional cut?

It is a transitional, right? The table looks too big for an OEC to me. But the setting looks early 20s.

Is this shot good enough, or should I try to take some others?

Thanks in advance, Karl--I appreciate it.

transcutdecogl12.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
need a shot strait on with less head shadow.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Is this any better? Still too much head shadow, right?

transcutdecogl13.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Or this?

transcutdecogl14.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one almost works...If you can get me something like this with a little less head shadow it would be kewl.

transchipgl2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think I have to wait until tomorrow, when it''s daytime. I just took a bunch of pictures, but they''re all blurry or blown out with flash.

Thanks, though!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 7:19:08 PM
Author: glitterata
I think I have to wait until tomorrow, when it''s daytime. I just took a bunch of pictures, but they''re all blurry or blown out with flash.

Thanks, though!
np take a bunch and trow them up that way I can pick and choose.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I shot a bunch. It''s hard to get them big & clear enough without getting so close I have camera shadow, so they''re a little small and blurry.

transgl1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
number 2

transgl2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
number 3

transgl3.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Hot dog, Glit!! I can''t help with geometry, but I wanted to say thanks for the nifty eyecandy this morning!!!
emsmiled.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As close as I can get is:
table: 62-64
lgf% 55
crown angle: ~38
pavilion: 40.6 ish

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Any idea about the percentage depth? I''d love to try running it through the HCA, just for fun.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:16:53 PM
Many thanks!
Your welcome, its a beautiful diamond.
You should pick up Al''s book if you are into these cuts.
I haven''t figured out yet how to simplify it for PS but "transitional" doesn''t exist the way many think it does.
For example this one is a cross between the Antwerp and the London cut both of which were being cut in circa 1909 right along with oec and oAc.
This one could date anyplace from right after the diamond saw was invented up to the 1940s or even later.
See John''s review of the book here:

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/53/1/American-Cut---The-First-100-Years%2c-by-Al-Gilbertson%2c-GG.aspx

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:23:49 PM
Interesting. Any idea about the percentage depth? I''d love to try running it through the HCA, just for fun.
no way to tell the girdle thickness with any accuracy.
Besides the hca does not apply because the pavilion mains are the sole light drivers for the table where the hca is based on lgf/mains driven light performance(upcoming article will explain this)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:29:21 PM
Author: strmrdr

Many thanks!

I haven''t figured out yet how to simplify it for PS but ''transitional'' doesn''t exist the way many think it does.

For example this one is a cross between the Antwerp and the London cut both of which were being cut in circa 1909 right along with oec and oAc.

This one could date anyplace from right after the diamond saw was invented up to the 1940s or even later.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/53/1/American-Cut---The-First-100-Years%2c-by-Al-Gilbertson%2c-GG.aspx

Yes, I''ve been meaning to get that book--it sounds great.

Going from the style of the setting, which I assume is original to this diamond, it''s from the early-mid 1920s. I love the blockiness of the facets.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:40:27 PM

Date: 2/9/2009 12:29:21 PM
Author: strmrdr

Many thanks!

I haven''t figured out yet how to simplify it for PS but ''transitional'' doesn''t exist the way many think it does.

Yes, I''ve been meaning to get that book--it sounds great.

Going from the style of the setting, which I assume is original to this diamond, it''s from the early-mid 1920s. I love the blockiness of the facets.
We ought to start a Pricescope lending library!! That book would get plenty of miles!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results