shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey ladies the ole amguy got some brownie points

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies...been a minute since I been with the CS crowd. Hope everyone is well. Just wanted tgo pop in and show a couple gemstones I bought my girl..well...my "other" girl...not LD :tongue: :naughty:
I got 3 tourmalines from a buddy who knows thing or to about tourmlines. I bought one for my Mom and 2 for my girl......nothing fancy or expensive nor large and extravagent but it does have one unique feature that 90% of all pink tourmalines can't don't have....that it's not heated, irridiated or treated in any way. It was self collected at Cruzeiro Mine in Brazil for prior project on chromophores and tourmaline diagnostic features for location identification. They are both around carat and have some flaws but the color ain't half bad. Too these photos two nights ago ..under 6200K fluorescent so the color might be a little cooler in the photos than IRL.
Needless to save my night after giving her the stones was...um...[pulls collar away from neck]...um...it was a good night let's say.......[face turns red]

1-a085_-_20130516_230513.jpg

4-a121_-_20130516_230935.jpg

3-a112_-_20130516_230930.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooooh!! :appl: :appl: :appl: gorgeous :love: :love:

Gee, with a preamble like that, I'm conjuring up notions of a new chapter in the lives of "Barrett & Loving"!!!! :Up_to_something:

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Sweet stones and what a lucky girl! Great job!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh.....such a thoughtful and sweet gift. To know with 100% surety that your tourmaline is untreated is another bonus although I'm sure the "other" bonus was just as good. :devil: :naughty: The colour is actually quite good, more red than pink in the pear.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I figured TL would get a kick out of untreated pink/reddish ones. If it came from anyone else I would assume treated but since they have been doing a project on tourmaline origin's and travel to study the actual pegmatites they originate from and collect samples for the database in conjunction with GIA, I know it's legit. Same person I get to use the microprobe to test my paraiba's, that blue zoisite from pakistan(which turned out to be a blue beryl with morphological issues :ugeek: )

Also got her a juicy couture purse the same day.. :sun: .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results