shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey GRIFFIN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
Grif if you are around drop me a PM or Email( [email protected] )I would like to discuss you possibly making this setting for me since I CANNOT find anyone in my area that has one or makes me feel good enough to do it for me.

LINK to see the setting:

http://www.zales.com/catalog/ProductLargeView.aspx?Item=15846280

I would like it qouted in
2.5mm Platinum
2.5mm White Gold(14 or 18K and why??)

Here are the specifics:

1.09 carats
dimensions: 5.74 x 5.67 x 3.95

GIA Cert #: 12405346
CUT: ASSCHER STYLE
COLOR: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 69.7%
Table: 59%
Polish VG
Symetry G
Flour: None
Girdle: Med Thick

I went to ROYAL ASSCHER''s web site and searched their diamonds to research their cut(dimensions) etc...
what i found:

the DEPTH''s of the ROYAL ASSCHER''s were btwn 65.5% & 73.7%
however only 3 of their 25 diamonds were above a 70% depth...so most of the depths were evenly distributed btwn 65.5 to 68.9% range

the TABLE''s of the ROYAL ASSCHER''s were btwn 54% to 61% however ONLY 2 were above 59%

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You might try PM'ing Griffin to contact him/her just in case Griffin doesn't see your thread.
1.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I sent him a PM yesterday so I thought I would throw a post up to....but thanks!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Griffin, where are you located? I am out of NYC, but hoping to find a jeweler who can create a quality platinum ring (95PT, 5RH), for a radiant stone I have.

The setting is closest to this model (which I so brazenly STOLE off of someone's post), but it is damn near the closest to what I am looking for, but more delicate and thinner without losing the tensile strength necessary for an e-ring. The prongs of course would be thin enough to not lose the cornerless beauty of the radiant, and the shoulders of the band would be thinner...

Lucida-like draft setting pic.jpg

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
BearMan - I am sorry to hear you couldn't find the ring you were looking for. I can certainly help, I will e-mail you a quote or a source for one today or tomorrow.

Nicrez - That is really cool. The design looks like it was inspired by those gem clips used to display diamonds. I'm located in Colorado, and the only clients I have in NYC are distributors and not stores, but I can work via E-mail - its how I do most of my work anyway. Do you just need the mount designed and cast, or the whole thing?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Griffin, I hadn't even considered the similarity. The thing is, that is the best model for the concept, but the look it not captured by it, and there is really only one ring I saw that captured it. It's at a jeweler here in NYC, and normally I would have him do it, but I haven't been impressed with his other e-ring bands...maybe he bought them as stock, but I will try to get a picture of that ring. It's a job that requires the casting, the creation and setting of the radiant, so it's from soup to nuts.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an interesting one Nicrez and Griffin... where is the picture from ?

I was just wandering where the culet of the stone goes (something that would appear on the x-y projection of the 3d drawing). The setting in the picture seem to be drawn for a small stone - the band is a bit wider than the stone and the prongs could be about 1/5 of the stone's side too. It would be interesting to size the image considering the size of your stone and the limits for band and prong size - being a cast model, the settings will have to be rigid (not 'springy' ) to keep things in place. It would be great to have the steps of 3d design for a setting on PS - there are quite a few inquiries about how custom made designs are decides on...

Just a thought, of course
rolleyes.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 2/24/2004 8:30:53 PM Griffin wrote:

BearMan - I am sorry to hear you couldn't find the ring you were looking for. I can certainly help, I will e-mail you a quote or a source for one today or tomorrow.

appl.gif
appl.gif
THANKS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE EMAIL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results