shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey--good deals to be had!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I am in the process of doing scouting for a family member and contacted Wink and a few other vendors about supply in the intended range and budget. I found out in the process when asking Wink about a couple that fell under "Value Select" that he is lowering the prices on those to really "kick some price vendors behinds" as well as discontinuing the "Value Selects", except for the occasional steal/deal that he scoops up. I think he said (I wasn't listening to this part as closely because I was too busy thinking "time for us to make a move") they'd be adjusting the pricing on the site in the next few days--so now's the time to start looking/contacting them.

Frankly, I don't tend to think of him as a "steal/deal" kind of vendor based on what he normally carries and sells, and what we've seen from here (and the earrings I bought from him in the past), and I can tell from our conversations that he really prefers his Infinity (Crafted by Infinity) stones to these, anyway. And since I have a local vendor to have seen those at--seriously, they're awesome.

Anyway...worth a look, folks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Hey--good deals to be had on diamonds!

Just because I have very little going on today at work, on this gloomy, snowy/icy depressing-ass day...

Here's a link to all the Value Selects he has.
http://bit.ly/MSt4ac

(made it shorter. that was a long link, my bad!)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously, over 180 views and no responses?! Sheesh.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry ame not in the market but I did look thanks

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Those are good prices! I'm not in the market but I appreciate the tip. I also never would have thought to look at winks site if I was price conscious either.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
iota15|1392454927|3615727 said:
I also never would have thought to look at winks site if I was price conscious either.

+1, but now I'll keep this in mind!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummm Andelain...I would like to be the first person to formally enable you. :wavey:

iota15|1392454927|3615727 said:
Those are good prices! I'm not in the market but I appreciate the tip. I also never would have thought to look at winks site if I was price conscious either.
I tend to find his selection worth the money, frankly. And I also think he's top-notch, and I don't think he gets anywhere near the amount of attention he should get on these boards. He gets so little love around here and it's astounding to me!

I hope this post gets someone a killer stone!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two sub-carat Value stones I've been tracking on Wink's website haven't changed in price - and I have no frame of reference as to whether any of the other Value stones have changed appreciably in price - and cannot find any reference to a Value sale on his website - I was assuming he hadn't actually started the sale yet.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
marymm|1392480348|3615840 said:
The two sub-carat Value stones I've been tracking on Wink's website haven't changed in price - and I have no frame of reference as to whether any of the other Value stones have changed appreciably in price - and cannot find any reference to a Value sale on his website - I was assuming he hadn't actually started the sale yet.

I have not yet changed the pricing yet, it is on the horizon for today. One of the problems of being a "small" merchant" is that I have no staff to do all the tedious web site stuff. After working hard all week I get to spend my weekends playing catch up. This was a particularly good week, (Read busy) so catch up had to wait while I took care of things that came in last night while I irresponsibly took the evening off to take my lovely wife of more than 40 years to a dinner dance.

Ame, you are so kind to have started, and nurtured this thread. I thank you and hope that your brother will be happy with the diamond you have helped him select.

Wink

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Dance away Wink... That's much more important.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iota15|1392498920|3615987 said:
Dance away Wink... That's much more important.

Agreed. It was the first time we have danced since she had her knee replaced just over two years ago. We both overdid it a little and had a little Ibuprofen this morning, it was wonderful.

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink|1392487278|3615905 said:
marymm|1392480348|3615840 said:

I have not yet changed the pricing yet, it is on the horizon for today. One of the problems of being a "small" merchant" is that I have no staff to do all the tedious web site stuff. After working hard all week I get to spend my weekends playing catch up. This was a particularly good week, (Read busy) so catch up had to wait while I took care of things that came in last night while I irresponsibly took the evening off to take my lovely wife of more than 40 years to a dinner dance.

Ame, you are so kind to have started, and nurtured this thread. I thank you and hope that your brother will be happy with the diamond you have helped him select.

Wink
My pleasure! I hope that someone benefits from the pricing changes! And thank you!

partners

Rough_Rock
Wink - do you happen to have something for my needs?

Looking for AGS 000, min 2ct, H/Si1 - eye clean, budget around 20

Let me know. Thanks.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MaryMM see if those stones are lower priced now--I went in and looked today and I think almost everything in that section is significantly lower.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1392567822|3616323 said:
MaryMM see if those stones are lower priced now--I went in and looked today and I think almost everything in that section is significantly lower.

Thanks for the shout-out Ame!

One of the HPD stones I had bookmarked was this 0.53ct D-VS1 Value Select - before the sale it was listed at $2756 - now it is on sale for $2698 - by my calculations that is slightly more than 2% off the original price - quite a deal when it comes to sub-carat diamonds. http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-default&id=14

As I have meanwhile spent my diamond dollars (possibly on a 5-stone oval white and yellow diamond band from DBL), I will pass on my research on this 0.53ct D-VS1 Value stone so that perhaps another PSer will swoop it up (hint, hint)... Per the AGA Cut Class tool, it scored a solid 1A total (1A in each category), and 1.0 on the HCA tool (with Excellent in Light, Fire, and Scintillation; and Very Good in Spread) and within the AGS O white box. The Aset and IdealScope are excellent.

I looked real quick on WF but there were no in-house round diamonds at all in the 0.51-0.55ct D/E range; same situation with GOG.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
marymm|1392570152|3616343 said:

One of the HPD stones I had bookmarked was this 0.53ct D-VS1 Value Select - before the sale it was listed at $2756 - now it is on sale for $2698 - by my calculations that is slightly more than 2% off the original price - quite a deal when it comes to sub-carat diamonds. http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-default&id=14

As I have meanwhile spent my diamond dollars (possibly on a 5-stone oval white and yellow diamond band from DBL), I will pass on my research on this 0.53ct D-VS1 Value stone so that perhaps another PSer will swoop it up (hint, hint)... Per the AGA Cut Class tool, it scored a solid 1A total (1A in each category), and 1.0 on the HCA tool (with Excellent in Light, Fire, and Scintillation; and Very Good in Spread) and within the AGS O white box. The Aset and IdealScope are excellent.

I looked real quick on WF but there were no in-house round diamonds at all in the 0.51-0.55ct D/E range; same situation with GOG.
It is a nice deal, and looks like a KNOCKOUT. Too bad you can't snatch it up...Perhaps Andelain...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's actually $2,563 on wire-- Wicked awesome!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1392576563|3616398 said:

It's actually $2,563 on wire-- Wicked awesome!

Awesome score Marymm on the DBL ring. I love his colored diamonds.

Wink

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
ame|1392477702|3615809 said:
Ummm Andelain...I would like to be the first person to formally enable you. :wavey:

If I hadn't just bought a .83 AVR........ :naughty:

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm sure that the diamond is going to be beautiful Amy! I got to see several of Wink's value select diamonds while I was at the JCK trade show in Vegas back in June and they were quite lively and full of sparkle... he's definitely got a knack for selecting beautiful diamonds!

By the way, I taught him everything that he knows about diamond buying :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Todd Gray|1392737572|3617761 said:
I'm sure that the diamond is going to be beautiful Amy! I got to see several of Wink's value select diamonds while I was at the JCK trade show in Vegas back in June and they were quite lively and full of sparkle... he's definitely got a knack for selecting beautiful diamonds!

:lol:

I have no doubt. I laugh at myself a lot about this. It's because I am emotionally invested. When it is anyone else, I am not so freaked out. When it's mine, or related to me...I am a NUTCASE. I remember when I got this ring for myself several years ago now, I think Jon was probably like "omg crazy person, take a breather. you know it's perfect." I even drove John Pollard nuts.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Todd Gray|1392737572|3617761 said:

Maybe you taught me a lot about diamond buying, but you sure were not paying any attention in the Capitalization class...

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping this because I think I just saw something that said the remaining value selects are on fire sale and go away Friday!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1393426946|3623386 said:
Bumping this because I think I just saw something that said the remaining value selects are on fire sale and go away Friday!

You saw correctly. All of the Value Select stones without an X at the end of their stock number will disappear on Sat morning. All of the VS without an X and some of those will be sent to various buyers here and in Belgium at that time.

Wink

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... Off to lurke

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, I was looking for well matched side stones... No dice :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results