shape
carat
color
clarity

hey girls...i''m coming over for thanksgiving dinner....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what are you serving ?.
18.gif
you girls know a lot about diamonds but,any of you really know how to cook?
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey DF I resemble that remark as the saying goes!!
41.gif
I DO know how to cook and I am pretty good at it thankyouverymuch!! Cheek! Let's see, if I was entertaining you, I would serve roast turkey with bacon, tiny sausages, two types of stuffing to include chestnut stuffing
18.gif
, buttered vegetables, crispy roast potatoes, candied yams or baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar topping, roasted parsnips, cranberry sauce, home cooked giblet gravy, bread sauce, and yummy homebaked pumpkin pie with whipped cream
41.gif
41.gif

How does that grab you?
emsmilep.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I tell you want Lorelei I cannot cook but I bake like nobody''s bussiness! You take care of dinner and I will do the desserts!
DF you had better wear your "fat" pants!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFL! Fat pants - love it! Fine with me Mat, I''ll do dinner and you can bake! I love baking too, I have the most divine Brownie recipe and also one for Cinnamon Buns - sorry we shouldn''t be discussing naughty treats like that!
emembarrassed.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Way ahead of ya, DF. Check out this thread. Yummmmmmmm.
18.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DF -- we are going to have 2 turkeys this year -- one tradtional one in the oven, and one deep fried in one of those turkey fryers! We will have a sweet potato caserole that is awesome (my aunt is making that) and we''re having 2 types of mashed potatoes -- garlic and regular (for the kiddies). Of course, my mom will make a spiral ham too, and my grandma will make some mostacholli and meatballs. We''re Italian, so we always have a lot of food.
2.gif

The recliner is all set and ready for you to watch your football games too....
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
We always eat bacon wrapped steaks on the grill

And we have two types of dressing so that one can include oysters
It seems so normal to me but anyone else ever eat dressing with oysters?

Grandma will make homemade yeast rolls
Dad will make a spicy pumpkin pie
My brother will insist my mom make this brocolli rice casserole

My job is always to bring the healthy side - this year it''s spinach, egg and feta salad (yeah, real healthy
2.gif
)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings! I don''t cook, but you''re welcome to treat me to dinner at any of Philadelphia''s finest restaurants.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Menu is always the same:

Turkey
Honey Baked Ham
Green Bean Cassarole
Sweet Potato Cassarole
Macaroni Salad
Homemade Yeast Rolls,
Spinach dip and Rye bread
Veggie Pizza- use pillsbury rolls, flat, with a ranch sauce, add raw veggies and cheese
Stuffing
Cranberries - cooked with added sugar
Razzleberry Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Cookies

This year we have a total of 27 coming so we''re dividing up the cooking duties.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I love Thanksgiving...for the food, the fun with family and friends, and just the mere joy of getting out family recipes that are part of our family. This year, we are not having as many people over as we usually do. Our menu will be pretty much the same...just a tad less.

Menu

23 lb. turkey, roasted in a Ovens Reynolds bag and cooked in a 285 degree oven all night to perfection
Turkey gravy, semi homemade--I always have ready made turkey gravy on standby if my own doesn''t work!
emotion-5.gif

Roasted garlic mashed potatoes made with fat free half and half, roasted garlic and sour cream w/butter..of course!
Whole berry cranberry-raspberry sauce and the jellied one for those who don''t care for the whole berry version
Company''s coming green beans--
Fresh or frozen green beans, 1 medium red or sweet onion chopped medium and sauted with bacon and toasted almonds
add green beans...stir till edges of green beans are a tinge toasted. Turn off heat. Cover and serve when ready. I usually
a few dashes of Lawry''s seasoned salt for taste but you can do them pretty much any way you want...
2 types of sweet potato or yam casserole--one for those who like marshmallows and one for those who want chunky pieces with candied pecans, brown sugar, pineapple and butter.***These dishes can be made with Splenda.
Homemade pumplkin pies--at least 4 of those, made with 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 sugar...you can''t tell either...
Homemade French apple tart which is sugar free and sweetened with Splenda and glazed with a sugarfree marmalade if need be...
Homemade mixed berry pie with marion berries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries...its yummy!!!
I also have a family fruit salad that has acini di pepe used in it that is just part of the tradition around my house...
Of course, crudites and dip
I buy the dinner rolls ready made from either Costco or the local market...
I usually have whipped cream, vanilla bean ice cream to top the desserts, and cookies for little ones

I love to welcome those in who have no one to share Thanksgiving with, cuz the holidays are a lonely time without family or friends nearby...My family is in Utah and my mom and dad don''t travel hardly due to my mother''s health problems with dementia...its hard on my dad. She used to be the "pie lady" in our neighborhood, making homemade lemon meringue that would knock your socks off, strawberry rhubarb pie that was amazing, crusts on pies that always was fluffy and homemade breads that rival some of the best bakeries with the different flavors of golden pineapple, strawberry and honey whole wheat bread. Now, its up to me to do that. I make more of the breads at Christmas time to give as gifts...Obviously, if you are in the Riverside area of CA during Thanksgiving, you can give me a ring and come on by!
emsmile.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I do know how to cook. But I am ordering the thanksgiving dinner from Whole foods. It is really quite reasonable...You get a deitsel organic turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans and cranberry/orange sauce for $100! I am then making sweet potatoes, extra stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake and baked apples wrapped in a pastry shell.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
41.gif
I DON"T REALLY HAVE ANY *OTHER* PANTS!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the title of this thread and KNEW it had to be DF!! Hey DF what are you guys having for Thanksgiving??
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2005 12:20:32 PM
Author: moremoremore
41.gif
I DON''T REALLY HAVE ANY *OTHER* PANTS!!!
ROFLMAO!!
face20.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei....sounds yummy!! cinnamon buns
23.gif
18.gif

Matatora....oh god, please save me some desserts.
18.gif

pebbles....i never had deep fried turkey.

Madam Bijoux....it is illegal to eat out on thanksgiving but, i will take a rain check.
2.gif

DeannaBana..... what time is dinner?

msflutter.....that''s cheating.
9.gif

MMM....i''ll loan you my BIG pants.

Kaleigh....roast turkey,roast prime ribs,roast ham.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey DF that''s a lot of grub, can I come???
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2005 2:37:59 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
23.gif
18.gif
DF - they ARE yummy
41.gif
You would need a pair of your "FATTEST PANTS" with these, a whole batch can disappear into one stomach with amazing rapidity
3.gif
emwink.gif
face20.gif
( Husband''s usually, not mine)
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They sound yummy. DF is skinny, he needs to eat lots of these, right DF???

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh a batch of these buns would fatten him up real quick, they are deeeeelicious
31.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
OMG -- DF, you''ve never had a turkey from a turkey frier????? It is awesome! My unlce uses peanut oil -- so fattening but SO GOOD! You have never had more tender turkey, and I really don''t like turkey!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
18.gif

18.gif

Madam Bijoux....it is illegal to eat out on thanksgiving but, i will take a rain check.
2.gif

9.gif

DF,

What about Chinese rice stuffing? Got to have that ... sticky rice, black shiatake mushrooms, BBQ pork, dried baby shrimps, cilantro, and maybe chestnuts.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here goes. Ignore any spelling errors.
pick on appetizers until everyone gets there
1st course: antipasto
2nd course: holiday soup
3rd: lasagna, meatballs, stuffed shells, eggplant parmesan (mine)
4th: turkey with Italian stuffing, baked sweet and regular potatoes, some other veggies, large garden salad
dessert: assorted and various Italian cookies (MIL is making), pies, and cakes.

There will be 16 of us, and enough leftovers to choke a horse.

shay

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh....sure... you can come over for dinner.i want to try on that T&Co ring on my pinky.
31.gif
i''m 5''7" weight 155 lbs with extra thick girdle.
38.gif
14.gif

Lorelei....i haven''t had any good cinnamon buns since grade school. i can eat a dozen
18.gif

pebbles....i know peanut oil taste so good but, bad for your heart.

CF......i know,sticky rice are so good.
18.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Come on over to my house...I serve tofurky....(Tofu Turkey!) I think I became a veggie head because I love to watch you carnivores run from my tofu. It is hilarious!

I can also bake pretty darn well. My pumpkin pie has a secret surprise....added hazelnut flavoring. No one runs from my pie! (but this year I thinking of making it with tofu...sneaky huh?) Gonna get that tofu down my guests one way or the other
31.gif
ee ee eehhhh. Just kidding I won''t mess with my pie.

Hey, I am looking for a recipe I lost. Anyone know if it? It is made with three squashes or two squash and yams...One is a butternutt squash you pan roast all the cubed squash and toss it in maple syrup and brown sugar and nuts and butter and ??? then bake it for hours and it is divine. I can''t find it though! Arrgghhh!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 6:45:32 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Come on over to my house...I serve tofurky....(Tofu Turkey!) I think I became a veggie head because I love to watch you carnivores run from my tofu. It is hilarious!

I can also bake pretty darn well. My pumpkin pie has a secret surprise....added hazelnut flavoring. No one runs from my pie! (but this year I thinking of making it with tofu...sneaky huh?) Gonna get that tofu down my guests one way or the other
31.gif
ee ee eehhhh. Just kidding I won''t mess with my pie.

Hey, I am looking for a recipe I lost. Anyone know if it? It is made with three squashes or two squash and yams...One is a butternutt squash you pan roast all the cubed squash and toss it in maple syrup and brown sugar and nuts and butter and ??? then bake it for hours and it is divine. I can''t find it though! Arrgghhh!
cinnamon and nutmeg?

shay

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
thanks shay...yes you are right about the spice. There is alot more though. I can''t remember. I think it had cardamon too. As it is in my spice cabinet...and that recipe has to be why I have cardamon. the end result is buttery... nutty...mapley...sweet...yammy...and yummy. You know how on a really good cheesecake you can taste all the ingredients seperately? The butter, the sugar...the vanilla...well this recipe is the same way. Nothing overwelms any other ingredient. I can wing it...but surely I will make a mingled result instead of a symphony.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 11:09:19 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
thanks shay...yes you are right about the spice. There is alot more though. I can''t remember. I think it had cardamon too. As it is in my spice cabinet...and that recipe has to be why I have cardamon. the end result is buttery... nutty...mapley...sweet...yammy...and yummy. You know how on a really good cheesecake you can taste all the ingredients seperately? The butter, the sugar...the vanilla...well this recipe is the same way. Nothing overwelms any other ingredient. I can wing it...but surely I will make a mingled result instead of a symphony.
Yup, cardamom sounds right. I would do more cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and a dash of cardamom. I don''t measure things anyway. If I''ve made something once, I remember how it smells, and I jockey the spices till I get it right.

shay

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
18.gif

18.gif

2.gif

9.gif

Heya DF!
emotion-5.gif
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
emsmile.gif
Lorelei, Matatora, Pebbles, Madam Bijoux, msflutter,MMM, Kaleigh--C''mon on over!!!
I have a slightly oversized 23 lb. turkey that will have a fabulous whiskey bourbon glaze on it and all the other fixins ready to eat by 2pm....
emsmilep.gif

I LOVE having the opportunity to serve company dinner esp. holidays!!! Plus, I will be heating up the pool!!!
emhot.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Deanne,
Better watch it, that DF will be over at your place in no time flat!!!
11.gif
9.gif
3.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to be creative due to food alergies. I can in fact eat turkey; just not the ones injected with stuff to keep them moist (allergic to the stuff added).

So this year I thought I would try something different. I bought 2 large beef tenderloins (about 6 Lb total), and plan on stuffing them with garlic cloves and roasting them.

Things on the sides will probably be sweet potatoes and turnips (I can''t eat potatoes, Tomatoes, green pepper syle peppers or spices, diarly products, soy or canola, things with flour in it, citris fruits, and others).

But their will be extra if you want to come.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results