shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey diamondseeker2006, I have some pics for you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey DS,

Are you still on?
25.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Well, maybe I just missed you, but that''s OK. Just wanted to thank you for giving your honest opinion about me eloping. I''m really glad I didn''t do it
1.gif
! Also, my hubby and I went to San Francisco for our honeymoon...and we got to visit the Van Craeynest workshop while we were there. Oh my goodness it was A M A Z I N G
10.gif
9.gif
4.gif
9.gif
10.gif
!!!

Unfortunately they did not have a finished cross to show me, but Larry had a solid rough stamping of a cross design done while I was there. He said he would send it to you if you are interested:

CANNON700IS 096.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this is a little less blurry than the first...

VCroughCross0001.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
here is as much detail as I could manage from the rough...

VCroughCross0003.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
From what he told me, there is a lot that could be done with this design. He was explaining it kind of quickly, but here is what I can remember:

- The finished cross is hand chased, engraved, and saw pierced. The leaves float in the frame of the cross design.
- There should be a diamond or gemstone in the center of the floral design
- Stones also at the ends of the arms, top, and base of the cross (I think these would be clustered)
- It can be inlaid (i.e. platinum with yellow gold borders, I think.)

He also empasized that this is a really rough version of the finished product. That is all the info I have on the VC cross. I'll post some more pics of the visit in case you are interested...
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
My hubby and I were early to the workshop, so we stopped by the Yerba Buena Gardens. There were lots of fountains there, and I had a lot to drink that morning, thus it was really embarassing they way I first met Mr. VC.

It went something like, "Hi, my name is Sarah. It''s so nice to finally meet you. Do you have a key to the bathroom? I''m doing the dance."

Anyway, here is the door:

LIBsVCvisit0001.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
a drawer full of steel hubs...

LIBsVCvisit000002.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Gee, I think I have seen this design before
31.gif
. In the upper right corner of the is the hub for a clasp VC designed. YUMMO!
3.gif

LIBsVCvisit000003.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This hub looks haunted. There are soooooooo many designs that VC has done. LVC built really tall rolling shelves to house their endless library of dies and motiffs after the factory was destroyed by the earthquake in 1989. The shelves are really sturdy...hopefully sturdy enough to survive another earthquake if necessary!

LIBsVCvisit0004.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I have absolutely no idea why they would need one of these. I took a picture of it anyway...

LIBsVCvisit0005.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
From the heart of wine country... VC uses the water in this old wine barrel to quench the hardened steel hubs after they are removed from the really HOT ovens.

LIBsVCvisit0006.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
33.gif
I think this was somehow used to soften the blows of a hammer. It looks like it has been through the war!

LIBsVCvisit0007.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This is where "the magic happens"
9.gif
. VC builds all of the jewelers benches himself. He seems quite handy at wordwork and jewelry!

LIBsVCvisit0008.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Now onto the good stuff. This is VC''s favorite ring to make...

LIBsVCvisit0009.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This was my fave from the pics at Micky Roof''s website. I think it would look great as a RHR, and the sapphire would match the sapphires in my pendant
9.gif
31.gif

LIBsVCvisit0010.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t resist. A girl can dream, can''t she?

LIBsVCvisit0011.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Want...

LIBsVCvisit0012.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Helloooo anniversary
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LIBsVCvisit0013.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
a gorgeous pink sapphire...

LIBsVCvisit0014.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
It was an interesting color pink...

LIBsVCvisit0015.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
The details on this one were incredible. I considered this one for DH, but he preferred a ring without stones.

LIBsVCvisit0016.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Love the colors!

LIBsVCvisit0017.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
My two favorite rings. I told DH he could get any one of these for me if he does something naughty and needs to apologize
39.gif

LIBsVCvisit0018.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
LiB, you are a champ! Thanks for the wonderful pics I never took.
6.gif
So you are a married woman now, congratulations! I am so pleased you got to see VC central, quite an experience.

Your pics are wonderful, you know I still haven''t decided on my setting, I only just finally finalised my stone. I just wish VC had some settings that were thicker than the bangle bands, thinner than the pierced bands.

sighhhhh... those pics have me dreamin'' again....

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
p.s. that cross design is gee-yaw-joos!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Angeline!!!
3.gif
Thanks, and yes, I am a Mrs. now...and it is kind of weird but I''m getting accustomed to it sloooooowly.

LOL, if I am the champ, I must have run a marathon. DH and I spent over 7 hours at the factory, and the time just flew by very quickly. At least three of those hours were spent playing with the sparklies and trying not to drool too much. Even DH was impressed. For the record, I did not faint when I saw all of the rings and things, but I did swoon
37.gif
. We were like Larry''s two out-of-town shadows for the day. We even convinced him to go to lunch with us and afterwards he invited us to watch him do some polishing. I was really nosey and poked around with my eyes and with my camera. He didn''t seem to mind. I felt like I was watching that show, How it''s Made and it was really fun! I wonder if he would let me live there...(just kidding. Well, sort of...
5.gif
)

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers 7 hours!!! That''s what I would have loved to do if I didn''t have the 2 year old grabbing his tweezers which he then really nicely said he has had hand-made by I don''t know, artisans in the Andes or something.

I was just coming back here to go through your original VC wedding set thread again. I am SO hopeless in making a decision. I want one of each.

When did you get married? Sorry if this is a thread-jack, I''m sure all the details are elsewhere maybe you can point me to them?

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 12:19:17 AM
Author: angeline
LiB, you are a champ! Thanks for the wonderful pics I never took.
6.gif
So you are a married woman now, congratulations! I am so pleased you got to see VC central, quite an experience.

Your pics are wonderful, you know I still haven''t decided on my setting, I only just finally finalised my stone. I just wish VC had some settings that were thicker than the bangle bands, thinner than the pierced bands.

sighhhhh... those pics have me dreamin'' again....

a
If you know what width you are looking for, you could probably ask if there is already one available in VC''s library designs (that for some reason are never shown to the public), or maybe you could go VC custom. I remember VC admitting that they actually like designing modern/contemporary designs even more so than the antique-y ones, but they do not do as many modern designs because the designs are too easily (and hastily) reproduced by casting. VC''s secretary had on a VC ring that was domed, smooth two-tone metal with a bezel-set diamond. It was so simple yet unique, and probably designed just for her. It would probably end up costing more than a ring made from wax casting, but if you really like their designs and durability, it couldn''t hurt to ask...

So congrats on finalising your stone Angeline! I think you deserve an honorary doctorate in diamond education! Perhaps when you close your eyes, you see your perfect diamond...and I hope that when you open your eyes, that diamond will be in the palm of your hand! Here''s to dreams come true
2.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
What great pictures! That must have been an awesome visit.

LIBsVCvisit0012.jpg

The ring on the left.....WOW! How pretty!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 12:54:36 AM
Author: angeline
Wowzers 7 hours!!!That''s what I would have loved to do if I didn''t have the 2 year old grabbing his tweezers which he then really nicely said he has had hand-made by I don''t know, artisans in the Andes or something.

I was just coming back here to go through your original VC wedding set thread again. I am SO hopeless in making a decision. I want one of each.

When did you get married? Sorry if this is a thread-jack, I''m sure all the details are elsewhere maybe you can point me to them?

a
Haha that is so funny how you typed that...I must admit, I did mention that I "met" you online through the PS forums, and idea that seem very foreign to him (I think he is actually afraid his computer will bite him...). He said you were stunning and that your daughter was absolutely adorable, so I don''t think he remembers you as "the lady whose daughter almost dropped my hand-crafted tweezers."
3.gif

Sorry...I haven''t really posted much about the nuptuals. It was indeed the best day of my life thus far, but I am soooooooo glad the planning is over!

LIB to SIM
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results