shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Chrono, about that Mozambique Tourmaline...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone. Is that this one: http://www.thegemtrader.com/Dec%2006%20Paraiba%20Page.htm Oh, yes it is! That looks to be the nicest one there (and I have seen the pear too, which is beautiful - the pear bothered me because the colour seem to only concentrate on the tip).

The colour is pleasant and neon but note that the saturation is light. Very light. However, the cut is fantastic. I would describe the colour as slightly bluish green and it glows like a traffic light green under dim lighting condition. Brad has an excellent return policy (which I used for the pear MP) and it was hassle free. He also extended my viewing period by a week when I needed it. He''s very easy to talk to and I''d love to buy a gemstone from him someday.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your input! I''m torn between buying it and taking my time to figure out what to do with it, or waiting and looking again after the holidays when there are less demands on my finances. If it really glows, though, it might be worth picking up and seeing in person before making a final decision...

Hmm.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard to describe the stone. It glows but because the saturation is VERY light, it doesn't pop out as much as other MPs I've seen (hence the lesser $$). It glows enough that you can see the neon through the bubble wrap it is shipped in, which is what I experienced with the pear MP. I think it is worth calling in to see it in person before making up your mind. These stones are hard to shop for by just looking at pictures, and Brad is great with returns and refunds.

ETA
I'm just really concerned about the saturation. That is the only reason why I didn't buy the MP. Are you all right with how light the stone is?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually like the stone as it looks to have a woderful cut which can be unusual and i tend to like the different rather than the mainstream. while it may not perform as an ideal mozambique tourm would, i think its worth a look see. i hope you take pictures if you do!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results