color
clarity

Hey Anti-Vaxers, take your kids to a chicken pox party

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1454305215|3985010 said:
Missy, I wasn't in any way offended. 8)

Thanks Gypsy. You are one of the last people I would want to offend. Not that I want to offend anyone but occasionally well I wouldn't mind offending a person or 2 (LOL) but never you.

Niel said:
I see nothing wrong with giving your kids chickenpox, its suppose to be more dangerous the later you get it in life. Best to get it out of the way

I'm a strong pro vaccination mom, but as a mom who tries not.to give her kids drugs they don't need, and as a woman who had chickenpox twice (yes twice) I don't see the harm

Niel, the harm is that they will then harbor the Herpes Zoster virus in their bodies and it will be lurking with the potential to come out at a later date and cause Shingles which can be much much worse than Chicken Pox. That is the potential harm. And not a small potential harm either.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
missy is right - the chicken pox vaccine offers protection against shingles later in life. Studies have shown that it is pretty rare to get shingles after receiving the chicken pox vaccine (although, it can still happen, but not to the vast majority). Since shingles can be quite serious, that's reason alone to vaccinate against chicken pox at a young age.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I had chicken pox at 18 and it was horrible! I got them from my prom date who broke out with them right after prom. He was contagious but didn't know it yet. And yes, I definitely had my kids vaccinated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results