shape
carat
color
clarity

He''s not my boyfriend anymore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He''s my fiance!!!!

We got up early this morning, and headed into the city. We had an amazing breakfast at a place called Toast, then headed to the MOMA. I''ve never been there before, so it was really cool. I was a little disappointed when we left because I felt like he was going to propose there, but I let it go and decided to just enjoy the day.

From there we went to a cafe that we used to go to years ago. After some hot chocolate, I excused myself to use the ladies room. When I got back to the table, he said he had to take his jacket off because it was too heavy with "all your crap in it!" I was confused because I knew that I took my sunglass case back, and told him I didn''t know what he was talking about, and then he said "Well I''ve been carrying around this!" While I was in the bathroom, he took the ring out of the box and put it on his pinky (doesn''t even go all the way up to the middle knuckle, lol). I didn''t know what to say at first, then I said, "Well, aren''t you going to ask me something?" He said "Will you marry me?" I said, "No...ask me again." He did, and again I said, "No, ask me again." So he did, and on the third time I said yes. Then I explained to him how my father had to ask my mom three times before she''d say yes.
41.gif
From there we went to the Magnolia bakery and got an amazing cupcake to share, and then drove the hour and a half home, picked up a pizza to have with some Fish Head Dog 90 minute, and here we are.

So we are officially engaged, and I have a very pretty little ring on my hand. I''ll upload a picture later (going to go take a nap with my honey). I have NO idea about the stats, but I''d say it''s between 60 and 78 points, about a F-G color, SI1 clarity, old european cut, with a tapered baguette on either side set in platinum. It was his mother''s ring, and I am very honored.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Winks Elf, CONGRATULATIONS! This is one post I've been waiting for!!!

Ok...now going back to reading the actual story.
2.gif
ETA: Read it! What a wonderful day in the city culminating in the sweetest proposal! I cannot wait to see pics of that ring. All my best wishes.

katica

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! That is such a sweet story! Now PICS please!! :))
31.gif

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Sounds like a perfect proposal! Your ring sounds gorgeous too! I can''t wait to see some pics!!
36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, congratulations!!! I love the proposal story! Oh, and I can''t wait to see it too!
9.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I''ve been keeping an eye out for a post from you today! I love that you made him ask three times to mirror your parents, and how special that it is his mother''s ring. Can''t wait to see pictures!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yayyy!!! What a sweet proposal - I love that you made him ask three times, too. Can''t WAIT to see the pics of your beautiful heirloom ring! That is incredibly special.

And CONGRATS!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Aw what a cute story! It sounds like you had a really lovely day in the city. The ring sounds gorgeous too. I hope you enojoyed your pizza and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA (that is one of FI''s FAVORITE beers! He covets the few bottles a year he buys).

Looking forward to pictures!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OH Congrats!
That''s really sweet how you made him ask 3 times!
Now you can send out those STD cards!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Winks Elf!!! I''ve been waiting for this post :)

Can''t wait to see the pics!

p.s. Toast = AMAAAAZINNNNG. What did you eat? (I know, totally inconsequential, but I am obsessed with that place!)

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
WOW. congrats!!! how wonderful. :) you must be so excited!! I can''t wait to see pix of the ring.
Which toast did you go to? There are two.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!! I cant wait for the pictures!!
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay yay yay!!!! Pics PLEASE!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is such a sweet proposal. I love that you said ''no'' at first. hehe. I bet his heart was racing! Can''t wait to see pics. :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, can''t wait to see the pics!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ah, needed that nap! Thank you ladies!

Misskitty : Both had skirt steak and eggs. Most Godly steak you'll ever eat! Strips of marinated skirt steak, three eggs any style (him scrambled, me over easy), home fries topped with caramelized onions and english muffins.

Happydreams : The one by Grant's tomb.

Clairitek : The 90 Min IPA is rated 99 by Wine Enthusiast...it is indeed the most delicious ale I've ever had the privilege to try! (and it goes GREAT with chocolate!!!)

Ckrickett : I have to finish printing them out and putting the bows on 'em!
6.gif
I felt it was bad luck to finish before he proposed. I'd better get busy!

Its dark here now, so I'll have to take a couple of pictures tomorrow. We didn't bring a camera with us into the city, and my iPhon is hard to hold still when taking pics. I apologize for not taking a few already, but it will have to wait til tomorrow.
5.gif

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I am so happy for you, I know you have been waiting for this. The ring sounds lovely, and I love the fact that it is being handed down from his family.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey- I love toast too... and congratulations!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
OMG Winks when i saw your thread title i went ''oh no'' in my head and was very apprehensive to open it
39.gif

But then YAYYYYY
36.gif
congrats congrats on your enfiancement
9.gif

Im from aus and when i finally went to NY a few years ago i made it a mission to go to magnolia - i made myself sick coz i ate four in about 20 minutes
21.gif
thats such a great afterward to go there and share a cupcake - very nyc! and i love that you made him ask three times
30.gif

congrats again, cant wait to see ring pics
35.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
awww congrats!!
can''t wait for the pics!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and a very sweet proposal. Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! You had a sneaking suspicion it might be yesterday and you were right!! Sounds like a lovely day, and how wonderful that he has given you his mother''s ring. Can''t wait to see it! Congrats!!!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! I love how your fiance presented the ring to you on his pinky!

Looking forward to pics!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many congrats Melissa!!
35.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
YAY! Congrats, Winks_Elf!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Winks_Elf, glad your suspicions were correct!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results