shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s what I''m looking for:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinjc

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

A question for you experts out there, I''m looking to buy an e-ring and am wondering what I should expect to pay for the following:

1.0 ct
G color
VS1
H&A or equiv. cut

Thanks in advance!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
If you look closer to the top of pricescope, you will see a line that says pricescope, tutorial, etc. If you tick pricescope, a search will come up. Put in your specs and tick the bar on the right. Up will come not only a price range - but actual stones to consider.

Good luck.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Here's a couple. Searched by Known HCA. If you use the "regular" search process, you will get 53 or so AGS0 and 15 AGS0/H&A.

HCA2404.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear it! How about this? H&A premium or not, it has the most promissing stats...

The piece caught my eye since it is not labeled H&A, but has an AGS Ideal0 pedigree with all those angles on the cert. I had some trouble accessing the report a second time, so here are the respective stats:

#111, G-VS2
Weight: 1.12
Size: 6.7 X 6.74 X 4.11
depth: 61.2%
Table: 55%
Crown: angle 34.4 / depth 15.3
Pavilion: angle 40.8 / depth 42.8
Culet and girdle - no idea.

Just a thought.

Also, you may be better off with a non H&A, if price is an issue and the extra notch in symmetry does not bother you allot. Not sure if such stones are summoned by the H&A search engine here, but they cam be found on sellers non-branded inventories. Jonathan at GoodOldGold has some too (called AGS0, instead of H&A). Not that there is anything wrong with those harts and arrows, of course.

kevinjc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. I am reconsidering the H&A. I've heard that the appearance of a H&A as compared to an AGS0 is negligible, and it's quite a bit less money for the non H&A stone. I think I've found a pretty good deal, I'll list the particulars when I finalize the purchase.

Once I've purchased it I'm looking at this setting:

gi_PL101-65_m.jpg

Any comments about a Pave setting, pros/cons? Also, does anyone know a good jeweler in the Los Angeles (I live in Pasadena) area that does good work?

Appreciate all the comments.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/6/2004 1:20:33 PM kevinjc wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I am reconsidering the H&A. I've heard that the appearance of a H&A as compared to an AGS0 is negligible, and it's quite a bit less money for the non H&A stone. I think I've found a pretty good deal, I'll list the particulars when I finalize the purchase.

----------------

Actually, instead of reconsidering the H&A, I'd reconsider the clarity. There is no visual difference to the naked eye between a VS1 and a VS2....and in fact, no difference compared to most eyeclean SI1 stones, either. SI1 represents a great way to maximize your budget AND get the striking symmetry.

Keep in mind that those arrows can been seen when the stone is set, and they are what account for the brilliant flashes of fire!

Just an observation for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results