shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Here''s Olive, my 3.17 gray green diamond in her new home!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That looks amazing! The color combo is awesome. I guess custom is to route to go with LOGR. I won an auction and you know how they say "we can change to any color gold" well I swear the gold looks rose on the outside but inside the basket it is perfectly yellow plain as day which made me think they just plated it. But man, your ring is really really yummy and looks well crafted to boot!!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
This ring looks as if it came out of a fairy tale and it is appropriate for a princess
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
PlatRock, love your new ring. Just gorgeous!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the rose gold and green diamond!
36.gif

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I love the lotus flower look and that rose gold you picked to go with your diamond. beautiful!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Porridge, thank you! Yes, those are gold flashes that you see. That''s the yellow color coming out. Because of the gray, this stone hardly looks the same in photos because it picks up the color of its background. When I''m outside, I see yellow and orange fire along with the greenish hue. I wish you could see it in person!

Lightnighbug, thank you! Rose gold was a risk with the stone because it''s a strong metal color. But the using it as an accent works really well because it enhances the green without overpowering the ring. I have a private colored diamond dealer that I''m not ready to divulge yet.
2.gif
So I am able to get colored diamonds for amazing prices. If you ever take an interest in colored diamonds, fancydiamonds.net and Diamonds By Lauren are wonderful vendors as well.

Cellentani, thank you! You have a fabulous gemstone and jewellery collection, so that means a lot to me. In the listing, it weighs 4.55 grams with 14K. So I imagine it''s slightly heavier with 18K. They also polish the inside of the head, just like in the listing, and it''s quite solid. I can say that the ring looks much better than the listing. Yingh also has this same setting in white gold with a pink tourmaline, but she didn''t add the milgrain.

Sizzle, thank you! You post made me laugh! Maybe the green stone made you think of the frog and the shape of the head made you think of a crown, hence, princess? LOL! Or maybe the princess ate the frog...
27.gif

Ashleigh and Laila, thank you! I''m glad you like the ring!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 1:26:26 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
PR,
Olive looks fantastic in her new home, and I love the two tone on the ring. Wow, that is some serious bling you have there, and that is some seriously huge colored diamond!! I also love that it's in six prongs. A stone that size should have the extra protection. Beautiful!! I love it!!
36.gif

BTW, can you go to Home Depot and take photos there for me. Pretty please??? I love their lighting. Seriously!!!
12.gif
TL, thank you so much for the kind words! You inspired me to do rose gold, especially with how green Sybil turned out. I remember you suggested more than 4 prongs and for enough rose gold to surround the stone so the contrast can still be seen. You were absolutely right! And after she fell out of her first setting, I knew I had to do 6 prongs so I didn't have to worry about her ever again.

We actually went to Sam's Club yesterday, and OMG, I wanted to stay there forever! The lights just made her turn crazy green, like an intense forest/teal green! I thought I was seeing things, so I asked Dave if he saw the green too. And he was like, "Whoa! That's green!" So I imagine that's how Sybil tooks in real life too.
We're also supposed to go to Lowe's today to get a new lawnmower. I'm actually excited!!!
36.gif
And not about the mower either! LOL! I'll try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pics for you. I just hope people won't think I'm crazy. Heheee!
9.gif

I can't wait to see your emerald set!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2010 11:28:55 AM
Author: platinumrock

PR,

Olive looks fantastic in her new home, and I love the two tone on the ring. Wow, that is some serious bling you have there, and that is some seriously huge colored diamond!! I also love that it''s in six prongs. A stone that size should have the extra protection. Beautiful!! I love it!!
36.gif

BTW, can you go to Home Depot and take photos there for me. Pretty please??? I love their lighting. Seriously!!!
12.gif

TL, thank you so much for the kind words! You inspired me to do rose gold, especially with how green Sybil turned out. I remember you suggested more than 4 prongs and for enough rose gold to surround the stone so the contrast can still be seen. You were absolutely right! And after she fell out of her first setting, I knew I had to do 6 prongs so I didn''t have to worry about her ever again.

We actually went to Sam''s Club yesterday, and OMG, I wanted to stay there forever! The lights just made her turn crazy green, like an intense forest/teal green! I thought I was seeing things, so I asked Dave if he saw the green too. And he was like, ''Whoa! That''s green!'' So I imagine that''s how Sybil tooks in real life too.

We''re also supposed to go to Lowe''s today to get a new lawnmower. I''m actually excited!!!
36.gif
And not about the mower either! LOL! I''ll try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pics for you. I just hope people won''t think I''m crazy. Heheee!
9.gif

I can''t wait to see your emerald set!

Oh PR,
I''m so happy for you!! I have to say, owning a diamond like this actually makes you look forward to going to dull and boring places like Lowes and Home Depot for the amazing lighting they have there. Looking forward to more photos of your glorious new diamond ring!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
LD, thanks again for the kind words! See, rose gold isn''t that bad, is it?
31.gif

Raikai, Sparkles&Glitter, Oddoneout, thank you!

LTP, thank you! Your approval means a lot to me, I''m glad you like it! Do you have any rose gold pieces?

Maevie, Indylady, Vespergirl, thank you! I wish you guys could see this stone in person. My pictures are a poor attempt at capturing its hue!

Poshpepper, thank you! I''m seriously addicted to colored diamonds. It''s like once you have one, you can''t stop. I love your yellow OMC by the way, it''s gorgeous!

BEG, thank you! How have you been? Any new projects to share?

Kelpie, thank you! I was also very skeptical of LOGR because the prices seemed too good to be true, and they''re an Ebay seller. But after seeing pics of settings on PS and customer reviews, they seem like a great value for the price. And close-up pics of settings are tough! I''m sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with your setting. Did you buy it as is without upgrades? I upgraded all my LOGR rings with 18K and VS diamonds. I didn''t want to take any chances and have to send them back. They also seem to do a better job with upgraded settings. What I love is that even with customization, you can still return it within 30 days. I don''t know any other vendor that offers that option.

Naty, thank you! Your kind words made my day!
9.gif
You know, now that you mention it, I do feel like a princess with this ring.
4.gif
Which is weird because I was never into delicate or feminine settings. I''m glad you like it because this is the first time I have ever fallen with a setting. Ever!

Diadiva, thank you! I absolutely love your pear with the yellow diamond halo. It''s just gorgeous!
30.gif

Tuckins, Rose-E, thank you! It was quite a risk with the rose gold, but I''m glad it worked out well. The rose gold just magically made the stone look greener, especially when I go to stores and restaurants. The change is very drastic!
6.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 10:42:56 PM

Date: 4/3/2010 11:28:55 AM

PR,

Olive looks fantastic in her new home, and I love the two tone on the ring. Wow, that is some serious bling you have there, and that is some seriously huge colored diamond!! I also love that it''s in six prongs. A stone that size should have the extra protection. Beautiful!! I love it!!
36.gif

12.gif

TL, thank you so much for the kind words! You inspired me to do rose gold, especially with how green Sybil turned out. I remember you suggested more than 4 prongs and for enough rose gold to surround the stone so the contrast can still be seen. You were absolutely right! And after she fell out of her first setting, I knew I had to do 6 prongs so I didn''t have to worry about her ever again.

We actually went to Sam''s Club yesterday, and OMG, I wanted to stay there forever! The lights just made her turn crazy green, like an intense forest/teal green! I thought I was seeing things, so I asked Dave if he saw the green too. And he was like, ''Whoa! That''s green!'' So I imagine that''s how Sybil tooks in real life too.

We''re also supposed to go to Lowe''s today to get a new lawnmower. I''m actually excited!!!
36.gif
And not about the mower either! LOL! I''ll try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pics for you. I just hope people won''t think I''m crazy. Heheee!
9.gif

I can''t wait to see your emerald set!

Oh PR,
I''m so happy for you!! I have to say, owning a diamond like this actually makes you look forward to going to dull and boring places like Lowes and Home Depot for the amazing lighting they have there. Looking forward to more photos of your glorious new diamond ring!
TL, thanks again!
1.gif
We went to Home Depot and Lowes today looking for an electric lawnmower, and Olive was just blazing green. And I went into a little corner to take pics, but the color refused to show on camera! It looked like a washed out greenish gray.
14.gif

But you''re right, now I look forward to going to Sams Club, Lowes and Home Depot. Gosh, the lighting just does wonders for greenish diamonds in rose gold!
3.gif

And I have to say, LOGR does a really good job with the polish because the prongs were shining too!

Why don''t you try to take pics of Sybil at Home Depot? You camera seems to do a better job of capturing green.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2010 11:58:19 PM

TL, thanks again!
1.gif
We went to Home Depot and Lowes today looking for an electric lawnmower, and Olive was just blazing green. And I went into a little corner to take pics, but the color refused to show on camera! It looked like a washed out greenish gray.
14.gif

But you're right, now I look forward to going to Sams Club, Lowes and Home Depot. Gosh, the lighting just does wonders for greenish diamonds in rose gold!
3.gif

And I have to say, LOGR does a really good job with the polish because the prongs were shining too!

Why don't you try to take pics of Sybil at Home Depot? You camera seems to do a better job of capturing green.
31.gif
Not if it's an emerald or a tsavorite, but that's a good idea, I might try photographing my diamond at Home Depot the next time we need a light bulb, gravel, or some boring plumming part. One of the most difficult things with photographing diamonds is capturing their fire, and I love the amazing fire they get at Home Depot. My green grey also looks super green under strong fluorescent lighting. You should try it under there as well. Many grocery stores have strong fluorescent lighting.
2.gif

marym

Shiny_Rock
Amazing diamond, and setting! What a cool ring. I didn''t know green diamonds even existed!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a unique ring! Congrats!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, now I have an excuse for an ice cream run! And if I forget the chips, I may have to just go back
9.gif

Marym, thank you! Yes, green diamonds exist but the true/pure greens cost a lot of money. They become more affordable when they have strong modifiers like brown, yellow or gray. You get the secondary color price but still get a predominantly green look. Add a rose gold head, and you have a diamond that's unmistakably green! Wait til you step into Home Depot!
31.gif

Princessplease, Stepcutnut, thank you! I'm glad you like it! Yes, it's a unique ring and may not be everyone's taste, but it's definitely is a different look.
3.gif

I took some more pics today and you can see the yellow-green fluoro. Gah, even the UV captured how dry and swollen my hand is!
14.gif

lyngg23.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
You can even see the melee with fluoro!
4.gif

lyngg22.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love the pinkish cast that the stone picked up.

lyngg10.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
My poor attempt at a leaf shot.
3.gif

lyngg11.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
The gray just picks up its surrounding colors, sort of like a chameleon.

lyngg12.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love how the morning sun hits the stone, giving it a glow.

lyngg14.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Last one! Fire shot!
31.gif

lyngg21.JPG

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just absolutely amazing. I love rings like this full of color and personality. Chameleon indeed!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous gray green color and I love the beautiful setting with the rg basket! Very beautiful and unique ring.
1.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My Word! This IS the most gorgeous colored diamond I have ever seen in my life. Surpasses any yellow, blue, pink, black, any color diamond I have ever seen this one blows them out of the water. That''s spectacular
6.gif

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love the stone and setting. I have not seen anything quite like yours, but really like it.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Aside from the obvious fact that you have a rare, amazing gorgeous green diamond, (
27.gif
jealous, party of one!) that setting is such a lovely compliment to it. I love the lotus petal prongs. So special!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
PinkAsscher, thank you! I love colored diamonds for this very same reason. They are definitely full of personality! I also love how their colors are affected by different types of lighting. Your ring, on the other hand, is just simply divine.
3.gif

Legra, thank you! What a cute avatar!

Sparklenut, thank you so much for the kind words! You made me and Olive blush. I truly am honored by your comment because there are so many remarkable colored diamonds on this forum. I''m glad you like it, you just made my whole week! The ring in your avatar is beautiful by the way.
1.gif

Lweber, thank you!

Petrock, thank you! You post cracked me up! I know there are a few people who would never put RG and green stones together because they think it clashes. But I had to go with my heart and chose what''s right for the stone. Since I love RG, I didn''t have a problem trying it. I''m glad I went with my instinct because the minute I place the stone on top of the head, the green just came alive! It was like magic.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond looks stunning in that Piece! I have always wanted to see this setting and I'm glad someone on PS has one. It really showcases your stone soooo Beautifully! I love all your colored diamonds! where do you find such awesome stones anyways?!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 3:22:38 PM
Author: D&T
Your diamond looks stunning in that Piece! I have always wanted to see this setting and I''m glad someone on PS has one. It really showcases your stone soooo Beautifully! I love all your colored diamonds! where do you find such awesome stones anyways?!
Thank you, D&T! You have a beautiful collection, so that means a lot coming from you. Yingh was actually the first PS''er to get this setting. She used this for her pink tourmaline, but in all white gold and no milgrain. She was the one that inspired me when I saw her thread. I fell in love with the head right away, especially the little surprised diamonds.

I actually know a colored diamond dealer. I''m good friends with him, so I''m able to get my stones for insane prices. It also helps that he buys the rough and sends them to India to be cut. Like my 3.17 gray green for instance. That was a lucky find. I had to do a lot of haggling to get that stone. He finally caved in and accepted my offer. He knows I''m coming back anyway. LOL!

Fancydiamonds.net and Diamonds By Lauren are also great vendors.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I really like it. I would have never thought to put it in a rose gold head but it looks great! I''ve always loved olive green. I have a poorly cut olive green peridot but I would love something like that in the future!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results