shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s my pain in the Asscher Cads

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, and my full cut melee on my quest ring are Teeny tiny...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: kaleigh
I agree about having less metal. I will call Pete tomorrow and discuss it with him.
I don''t think anyone was suggesting there is too much metal in the CADs (was anyone?)

I bet Quest always mounts their melee with as little metal showing as possible.

Am I right that the smaller the melee, the more metal there seems to be?
33.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No widget, no one said that. I mean the less metal the better??? The stone is small, so maybe the cads are just fine the way they are??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we''ve got to remember too that a computer generated image may not be able to show "less metal"

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kaleigh, this is just so exciting! I think the cads look amazing and I think that no matter what you decide about the size of the melee, it''s going to be one spectacular ring!!! It''s so much fun to see the work in progress. I''m so glad you finally have something "concrete" to keep you going!!!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, now I don''t want to start anything ...BUT

I think you should send them the Ally collage Blueroses made up. The picture they''re working off of is a much larger center. Ally''s center stone was 1.24?? More in the ballpark to your Asscher. I think it''s a great demo of how to do a small, delicate halo which flatters the center stone fabulously.

Anyone else concur?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
YAY LISA!! Your ring is going to be so beautiful! I''m not sure about the melee... what size are they planning to use? Hmm, I''m not even sure what size MY melee are, but I think they are the perfect size! My rb is pretty close to the same diameter as your asscher.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the cads looks really spiffy. And the shank of the ring, I love the little swoops, that rings is going to be stunning. I guess if it does not affect the structure of the ring then perhaps a bit less metal but I would not want to say that without knowing why they did it they way the did....I like it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Finally some progress on your ring!!! I think the cads look terrific and it is going to be beautiful when it is done.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, I am very happy with them. Now the count down begins, YAY!!!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, that is going to be amazing! Personally, I like the halo the size it is, it looks more right hand than e-ring like. Sooooo...how long until it is supposed to be completed???
11.gif

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah, I''m really glad you''re happy with the CADs. It looks like it''s going to be well worth the wait.

Er, now can we start harping on you, ala, "So Kaleigh, any ETA on the ring?"
11.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I am literally swooning.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! Finally we have CADs. They look great. I don''t know about being smaller. It''s very hard to tell proportion by looking at drawing. I have confidence Quest will get the proportions right.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s gonna be killer!
36.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great! How long till you get it back?? You must be dying...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2005 4:05:19 PM

I agree about having less metal.
The ridges of millgrain marking the corners may look nice on the picture, but I wonder how much impact they have in person, and their presence demands space for more beads to hold the corner diamonds in place too, because the corner diamonds do not share theirs on the sides.

This is what I am trying to describe:

KFR.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I actually like the proportion on the CAD halo. I don''t think that there will be too much metal at all, and I like the way the shank flows. That ring is going to be a serious killer. Don''t, don''t, don''t bling and drive.
31.gif

Shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!!! I just want the halo to be a tiny bit refined as Ana pointed out. Love them the way they are and YES it is a RHR. I just will tweak it a tiny bit and then we are all set to have it cast. I will go over my revisions with Pete and will let you know what the time frame is. At most I am guessing 2 weeks????

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lisa!

I love it!!! I wouldn''t change a thing, I think it''s going to make a really SEXY RHR! Personally I like the halo with the little edges of metal, I never even noticed that the Daniel K had that. Can''t wait to see the finished product.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ally!!!!
1.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design and the stone is beautiful
30.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, how exciting!!!!!!!!!! I like what Ana posted, getting rid of the little corner ridges looks better, IMHO. I also think the size of the melee is good, just less metal maybe?

It''s gonna be AMAZING, I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any last thoughts, comments for me??? I want to call Pete this afternoon. Thanks!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 11:58:06 AM
Any last thoughts, comments for me??? I want to call Pete this afternoon. Thanks!!!!
looks good to me.
i like the ridges around the melee its a bit but not too much but what you like is whats important and its just as kewl without it :}
Cant wait for pics

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So far, so good!

cheers--Sharon

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s awesome either way, with our without the ridges. Beautiful ring. I want a heads up when it''s close to being done since I want to see this thing in person. I need to go to Quest in the next couple of weeks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure Noobie, that would be great, you can eye ball it for me!!!
36.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
No problem Kaleigh. I missed diamondlil's amazing pear by an hour and was bummed. She picked it up before I got there. I guess Quest will ship yours sight unseen?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I love the definition that the ridges provide- yes it''s a different look than some of the octagonal halos we see here, but there''s nothing wrong with that! What a perfect rhr this will be!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results