shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s a question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I have a gold ering setting with four 10pt diamonds that I would like to have reset (along with three others that I would purchase) in a shared-prong platinum setting for a band ring. And I would need to buy the setting.
I have read about JL enterprises in Edgewater, MD. I am in the MD/DC area. But could this be done over the internet? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I love a challenge.
nan

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Noobie just had great experience with someone in the area - most could be done by net but they're not so far that you couldn't get there in person. Quest Manufacturing. I was so impressed with the quality of his setting (show me the ring - Noobie - Annivesary ring thread), that I called right away to talk about having a wedding ring made for my FI. They are in Dunn Loring, VA.

If you find a setting you like on the internet, most of the companies I've seen can customize most of their settings. e.g. whiteflash. There are also a lot of sites that are jewelry designers - like Davidson Design and Bijoux the Jewlery Expert - who specialize in custom settings. Good luck!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unless you have extraordinary knowledge of the subject you NEED to walk into a B&M jewelry shop and work with a skilled person to get a mounting to FIT your diamonds. You CANNOT do this without having a sit down, face-to-face situation, and participate in the give and take of a designer's conference with you. Of course, you could try to do this over email and photos on the I'net, but I'd bet pocket change that you would not get exactly what you wanted the first or even the second time.

You are going to save a lot of money because you own the diamonds. Don't short change yourself by trying to save too much and end up getting something other than the best possible outcome.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Thank you.
I called Quest and they are relatively close. And their price is in my ball-park. Now I need to find the three other .10 pt stones. Any input?
I know WF has melees but they would prob be better quality than mine.
nan

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I spoke with DCD and they have .10 for $70. a piece. The setting from Quest is about $800-$900. Sounds like a winner here. This is going to be fun.
I'll send pics if this pans out.
nan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results