shape
carat
color
clarity

Here it is my ASSCHER!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
GIA Certified

1.09 G VS2(eye clean from every conceivable angle!)

5.67 X 5.74 X 3.95

Depth 69.7% Table 59%

Polish VERY GOOD Symetry Good

Cullet CLOSED

Flourescence NONE

Appraised and Laser Inscribed by D ATLAS

EXCELLENT BRILLIANCY and Well Proportioned(noted on D Atlas Appraisal)

Platinum Band and Setting(thanks and you know who you are!)

Purchased from Solomon Brothers(Somer)

$3600

Insured by CHUBB(PLI is the agency in NC 800-754-1116 DOREEN ext. 8)

$1.15/$100

asscher front1.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
both pics are in natural sunlight with NO FLASH

asscher profile1.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I was so excited to post pics and get everyone feedback....should I infer the lack of feedback as a bad thing
sad.gif
I was sure hoping to hear tons of raves etc...

I do think the picture isnt the best I guess i will have to try and get some better pics....

I sure hope she
love.gif
loves
love.gif
it.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
BearMan, I think it's very classy and beautiful! In the first photo, though, it appears to be set a little crooked...I'm assuming that is just the angle of the ring in the box, right?

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's beautiful, BearMan!

I've been sort of MIA for a bit, then posting a lot today so I didn't see this earlier.

I'm sure she will love it! I do!

win

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Bearman that is surely to get you a yes! When is the proposal and what do you have planned? Please clue us in and also share pics on her hand once it's presented.

Congratulations on an awesome looking ring & stone.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/19/2004 8:47:29 PM Patty wrote:

BearMan, I think it's very classy and beautiful! In the first photo, though, it appears to be set a little crooked...I'm assuming that is just the angle of the ring in the box, right?----------------

That is just the way the ring is sitting in the BOX....but to me it does look as if one of the prongs is a little off(that is what i am concerned with)....

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/19/2004 9:14:47 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

Bearman that is surely to get you a yes! When is the proposal and what do you have planned? Please clue us in and also share pics on her hand once it's presented.

Congratulations on an awesome looking ring & stone.----------------

its going to be on 04/04/04 @ 4:04pm

if you check out proposal ideas you can give me some insight into which "MESSAGE" I should use...

I am doing a "MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE" proposal...we walk on the beach every sunday so i have a friend that will baby sit the bottle to ensure it stays where i half bury it....

PS I think i am going to go with POEM #2

input is greatly appreciated

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like your stone Bearman..
21.gif

Not to rain on your parade, but I would get the head of the setting checked.

It does look as it is offset from the center?

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/20/2004 8:51:48 AM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

I like your stone Bearman..
21.gif

Not to rain on your parade, but I would get the head of the setting checked.

It does look as it is offset from the center?
----------------

You know since i got the ring i thought the PRONG looked a little off ...I think the HEAD looks off but its the way it was photographed...I will take a look at it once i get to my store and take it out of the safe....

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2004 9:30:45 PM BearMan wrote:

----------------
On 3/19/2004 8:47:29 PM Patty wrote:

BearMan, I think it's very classy and beautiful! In the first photo, though, it appears to be set a little crooked...I'm assuming that is just the angle of the ring in the box, right?----------------

That is just the way the ring is sitting in the BOX....but to me it does look as if one of the prongs is a little off(that is what i am concerned with)....

----------------

sad.gif
Upon further inspection it looks as if it is CROOKED
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

More pics on their way and I WILL BE CONTACTING SOLOMON BROS since they SET THE RING

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
here are the additional pics i took...

sad.gif
I think its croooked
angryfire.gif
8.gif
sad.gif

Asscher1A.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
the things that look like they may be inclusions...they arent its DUST
angryfire.gif
camera with a maginfying glass shows all

Asscher2A.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
:breathe:

Asscher3A.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
on the bright side it can be fixed. RIGHT?!?!?

Asscher4A.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
But as what COST?? do i or will i need a new HEAD?? should this be something that the setter should incur if the head needs to be replaced?

Asscher5A.JPG

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I know its not the ring but what it stands for....but man this is driving me crazy....I appreciate all of the HONEST responses that i have gotten....by the way someone that just sent me a PM can now check for a PM from me.

sad.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Relax Bearman,

I know in times like this you want everything to be just perfect.

A good bench jeweler will be able to fix this problem..
2.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Bearman - Did they fix your ring? How is it coming? Absolutley they should fix it at NO cost to you - including shipping!!! Best of Luck. FABU stone!
Now keep us posted...
rolleyes.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious also- is the setting fixed to your liking?

I'll send you happy vibes on 4/4 at 4p- that's actually my birthday & it's alway been good luck for me
wavey.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Same here BearMan...sending you good vibes at 4/4/04 at 4:04!!! Promise!
2.gif

Did the ring come out OK? It looks to be a true beauty!! Asschers are so regal and elegant in my opinion...how lovely! Lucky gal she's got a romantic AND a perfectionist!
2.gif
9.gif

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it is a very elegant stone. I think that you should definitely have them fix it for you if there's a problem and at no cost to you. But on the bright side the stone looks beautiful.
2.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful...I actually wanted an asscher desperately, with a custom setting! Love them!!

But, then I found a setting that's totally unlike what I've been looking at, but I think I love...

So, my question for you is...how was Solomon Bros to deal with? I just got a quote from Somer for the ring setting, which is a better price than the jewelry store where I tried it on. The store was out of town, and they didn't reply to my emails requesting more information on the ring! The setting isn't on the actual A Jaffe site, so I thought I was doomed to never find it again...but stumbled across it on Solomon's site!
1.gif

Funny thing is...the picture doesn't do the ring any justice! I would have never looked twice at it if I just saw the picture online! It looks so chunky and funny! Think they should show it from the top down! But, in person, it's totally different looking and super sparkly...and on my super long fingers, it's just right!

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Pictures//HOUSE/80341.JPG

Thanks for your input on Solomons!! And, of course, congratulations...
twirl.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate everyones support and well wishes
21.gif

I have yet to send the ring back for repair since i am afraid i would not have it back by 04/04/04....so I will be doing the proposal as is....she knows she is getting a diamond...its something we have been talking about....she just doesnt really know any of the specifics....and she has no idea when i am gonna propose....I know she wont give on care that the ring isnt exactly right...she will be happy for what that moment means...I am sure she wont really want to part with it when i have to send it back to be fixed but I know she will understand.

Why is it there are times when TIME seems to FLY and others when it just STANDS STILL :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results