shape
carat
color
clarity

Here I go again....

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Many of you might remember that I upgraded my ring to a 3 ct cushion H VS2 and I had some buyers remorse. I decided to stick with it, but after a few months, I still don't love it. I reached out to the jeweler and will now work to replace the stone. I really like the H&A/Symmetrical type facet patterns. I am not interested in an antique cut.

I have a cushion halo setting and might replace the center stone with a round or a cushion.

Here are my specs I'm looking for
Round or Cushion
2.7-3.2 carat
VS2-SI1 eye clean
H or I
Price between 27K-31K

Would love some of you much more experienced folks to point out some stones so I don't screw it up again this time!!

Here are a few possibilities??

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3640384.htm
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?stockno=LD06623314

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi UpgradingMama! This one looks to be a nice cushion: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/3.10-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-sku-748683

I think it's worth mentioning that if you're planning on using the current setting, you might need to find out what dimensions it could accommodate before committing to a new stone! For example, the stone I suggested above is only .04 cts more than your current stone but faces up larger at 8.50*8.44*5.72. Rounds also face up a lot larger than cushions since they're not as deep and the WF stone you listed (gorgeous, btw) is a whopping 9.23x9.28x5.64!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Good point! I'll ask them.... I saw that one and sent it over too :)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just about to post the 2.93 WF I SI1. It made quite an impression when I saw it on the WF site a few weeks ago. But I realized you already found it! Definitely one of the whitest I's I have ever seen. If I hadn't already completed my upgrade with WF, this would be my stone of choice!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1459355140|4013144 said:
Just about to post the 2.93 WF I SI1. It made quite an impression when I saw it on the WF site a few weeks ago. But I realized you already found it! Definitely one of the whitest I's I have ever seen. If I hadn't already completed my upgrade with WF, this would be my stone of choice!

Ha! That's reassurance :) Yours is just stunning!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1459355569|4013148 said:
CareBear|1459355140|4013144 said:

Ha! That's reassurance :) Yours is just stunning!!
Aww thanks upgradingmama! I should add though, WF does not describe this stone as eye-clean, but from the blown up photo and video, it looks pretty eye-clean to me. If you do choose to go with this stone, I would check with WF about that.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Whiteflash diamond doesn't have the eye-clean logo, so I'd double check with them if that's an issue for you.
Good luck!!
Eta-Carebear, we must have been posting at the same time.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
kmarla|1459356511|4013153 said:
The Whiteflash diamond doesn't have the eye-clean logo, so I'd double check with them if that's an issue for you.
Good luck!!
Eta-Carebear, we must have been posting at the same time.

I chatted with WF and they said:

The main inclusion in this diamond is a feather on the crown. It is light in color, and not obvious, but visible without magnification if you are looking for it.

The inclusion can be covered by a prong though, so once set...it would be eye clean

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1459356961|4013159 said:

The main inclusion in this diamond is a feather on the crown. It is light in color, and not obvious, but visible without magnification if you are looking for it.

The inclusion can be covered by a prong though, so once set...it would be eye clean
Now that I know it is a feather, I compared the clarity plot with the magnified photo and I think it is the inclusion located to the right of the arrow at 6'oclock. Do you think you will be able to see that without magnification? As for covering the feather with a prong, if your are going to set a round in a cushion shaped halo, there will only be 4-prongs. H&A stones are usually set with the arrows oriented E/W. If only 4-prongs, that inclusion will not be covered if set E/W. With a 6 prong setting, it can be covered set E/W.

Btw, are you looking to purchase a new stone online or is your jeweler looking for a replacement stone for you?

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1459363817|4013241 said:
upgradingmama|1459356961|4013159 said:

Now that I know it is a feather, I compared the clarity plot with the magnified photo and I think it is the inclusion located to the right of the arrow at 6'oclock. Do you think you will be able to see that without magnification? As for covering the feather with a prong, if your are going to set a round in a cushion shaped halo, there will only be 4-prongs. H&A stones are usually set with the arrows oriented E/W. If only 4-prongs, that inclusion will not be covered if set E/W. With a 6 prong setting, it can be covered set E/W.

Btw, are you looking to purchase a new stone online or is your jeweler looking for a replacement stone for you?

That's great info! I don't see it but I'm a bit green at this. My jeweler will be getting it but he's told me he really can source from anywhere... He's in NYC

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1459364177|4013246 said:
That's great info! I don't see it but I'm a bit green at this. My jeweler will be getting it but he's told me he really can source from anywhere... He's in NYC
I can BARELY see it. I think WF is being conservative here, not wanting to call the stone eye-clean. Here's the thing though, I'm don't think WF sends their ACA stones to other jewelers, such that the transaction gets made between you and YOUR jeweler. Their stones are sold directly to consumers. Is it an option for you to buy the stone and have your jeweler set it? Or the payment of the stone must be made to your jeweler in order for them to take the cushion back?

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will have to go through my jeweler... not sure if that will work or not, but I don't see why they couldn't buy the stone through them... We'll see. I'm not so patiently waiting to hear back from the jeweler!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My jeweler got me a new stone!!!!! Waiting for it to be set right now. So excited and will be much happier

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results