shape
carat
color
clarity

here i go again, what do you think of this round?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
I found this diamond on Dimend Scaasi which they classify "IDEAL" cut but whose GIA report says "Good" only. The HCA report is pretty good but the X you get when you do it puts it closer to the "pendants" range than the "young people rings". Is it going to have less than normal fire?

Is it going to be ideal or no?

Stock #: 54-0306
Carat: 0.82
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Cut: IDEAL (by dimend scaasi standard)
Shape: Round
Depth %: 59.7
Table %: 56
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.07*6.10*3.63

Lab: GIA
33 the crown angle
40.4 the pavilion angle
Cut grade: Good (by GIA)

what do you think??
I think from Dimend i can ask for the other stuff, sarin and idealscope etc.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Having trolled through their diamond inventory online a few times, I''d recommend sticking with their Signature cut. Not that I''ve seen any of their diamonds in person, and if we go for their three diamond ring I''m interested in then we''ll just have to take what they call ideal. (the 3-stone truffle ring I like comes pre-set) However looking at the specs, one has to wonder why they call them ideal?

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
well it is hard to look through their inventory. they replied about it and said that they use a different grading system than GIA because they need to be "consistent". weird.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers just don't give enough information. My pet rock is a GIA Very Good, not Excellent. The depth is 59.8%, and the table is 59% and it's absolutely beautiful and scored a 1.2 on the HCA.

If you're concerned call the stone in and have it appraised. While everyone is looking for that "perfect" combination of measurements, there are some truly beautiful Very Good cuts that one can be really proud to own.

Good Luck!!

edited: meant to say Very Good, instead of Good.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shallow shallow. when it''s in the pendant/earring range, it means it can look dark when viewed closely because of head obstruction.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results