shape
carat
color
clarity

Here Are Some Tiffany Lucida Prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
This posting is not intended to start a debate as to the merits of the Tiffany brand. It is only intended to provide information for those who might be considering the purchase of a Lucida. Therefore, for those who are interested, here are some prices that I was quoted for the Lucida:

0.90 ct
G
VVS2
$14,600 Canadian (approx. $10,428 U.S.)

H
VS1
$13,700 Canadian (approx. $ U.S.)

The salesperson told me that colour has more of a bearing on price than clarity. I always thought that the opposite was true but I''m sure some of the experts can say whether or not this is true.

I know that many of you are probably saying that the Lucida prices are inflated but here is a quote I got for a Hearts on Fire Dream:

G
VS1
$16,000 Canadian (approx. $11428 U.S.)

This price was for the diamond only so adding a setting would probably bring the price up to about $17,000 Canadian.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ice_is_nice, thanks for the info.

Weird, when I hear Tiffany I don't think about their prices but about Audrey Hepburn.

Recently they have their "product pacement" (Lucida or Asscher btw. did anybody notice it?) in "Sweet home Alabama"... Reese is cute but... and engagement was broken anyway.

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
I guess the message from that movie is that a Tiffany diamond does not guarantee that you will get the girl. I wonder if the marketing geniuses at Tiffany realized this when they decided on this movie for their product placement.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 8/21/2003 10
6.gif
3:30 AM ice_is_nice wrote:

I know that many of you are probably saying that the Lucida prices are inflated but here is a quote I got for a Hearts on Fire Dream:

G
VS1
$16,000 Canadian (approx. $11428 U.S.)

This price was for the diamond only so adding a setting would probably bring the price up to about $17,000 Canadian.
----------------
Yes HOF is very inflated as well. I think they are around 40% markup over something you'd find comparable online.

Anyway--since we are dropping #'s..we were quoted $10k on a 1c H VS HOF Dream stone. Or it may have been a 1c G SI...but similar regardless. It was a very beautiful stone. Probably prettier than any Lucida stone I have seen. So their prices are definitely inflated, somewhat like 8* stones are about 40% markup as well. But HOF Dreams may be better cut than the Tiffany Lucidas?

In the end you will probably pay retail markup at some level unless you haggle with your jeweler or get the stone online. Our offline jeweler matched online pricing for us, which was excellent. Covered all the bases.

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results