shape
carat
color
clarity

Henry Grossbard''s Radiant Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tismtm2

Rough_Rock
I plan on buying a radiant diamond but I am unsure as to buy one that does not have Henry Grossbard''s branding. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? Also are his radiant cut diamonds prices higher then those with out his branding? if so, how much more would I expect to spend?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Try doing a search on this site for "grossbard" and for "Radiant" you will have a good view of both the generic and the branded. Also you will note that ANY branded stone commands a premium, so the grossbards are NO exception. I can't say the percentage, we paid over the generic radiant price, as we searched high and low for a WELL CUT radiant, regardless of name or brand, and where only finding Grossbard's stone to be the most that conformed to the under 70% depth and table as per the AGA charts.

We paid for the quality of the cut (a solid 2B on the charts), but we also were looking for 2+ct, an E (or D color), VVS1 to VS2 stone, so we ended up with THIS RADIANT, but we dropped in size to get quality. All in all, the price was perhaps about a little lower than the average price here on Price stats (per carat) in the color and clarity range. However, the market price for such stones on-line was lower, but the stone QUALITY in cut was extremely difficult to find, until we saw some Radiants from RCDC.

My suggestion is see some geneic stones, make a chart with their measurments, tables, depths, prices and looks, then go see the Grossbard's at a local retailer. That should tell you which you prefer and with your geneic prices, see how far off RCDC's prices are. Good luck!

tismtm2

Rough_Rock
Thanks Nicrez!

Your diamond is beautiful. -- I would like something in the 2ct range, but also want a quality stone. For my price range I'll have to go down in ct. Just in comparing your diamond to others that I am looking at can you give me a ball price as to what something like yours would cost? Thanks for your help.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
grossbard invented the radiant, for whatever that's worth. the original patent expired a few years ago, so now anyone can make one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results