shape
carat
color
clarity

The little Radiant that could...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Imagine waiting for months just to find the perfect e-ring stone. Sifting and sorting through some real dogs, almost giving up and giving up your dream stone for anything that sparkles...Well I was desperate when we finally found my radiant, and that was well worth waiting for. The little radiant took his time.

Imagine knowing that stone was set in a ring and waiting to be put on your itchy little finger for over a month...imagine your intended was cruelly hinting at it, telling you to search the house, taking blurry pictures to tantilize you...imagine the sheer terror on a daily scale... Well I was desperate, that that too was well worth waiting for. Again the little radiant took his time.

We just came back yesterday from our trip to the US Virgin Islands where we stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa on St. Thomas. The perfect place to soothe frayed nerves, relax and turn so red you can''t sleep on either of your sides...We got to the airport it was a balmy 79 degrees...the hotel''s driveway lead up to a manicured lawn of lush greens and bursts of pinks, reds, purples and yellow flowers all over the driveways up. My room had this view...

View from hotel room.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Imagine my surprise at our luck to get such a lovely view, and to the left was the view of the wedding chapel. What irony...(or was it planned
2.gif
11.gif
?!) Here's the wedding chapel view....

view of chapel from balcony.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Um, I think you forgot something!!??!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I get it...next blurry pics...you want us to have a taste of what you got over the last month.

You are sly!!
11.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
We spent the first day at the pool side, and on the beach, just relaxing and taking in the beautiful sights. The next day we were on the beach and as I decided to "tan", I fell asleep in the sun and slowly morphed into a red lobster...Seriously burning, we still went into town for some window shopping at H. Stern, Tiffany's, Diamond International, Cardow Jewlers, David Yurman, Cartier...I was literally letting off steam from my skin at this point, because even walking around I got more sunburnt...

We headed to the hotel to get ready for dinner, as we had dinner reservations that night at a nice restaurant, and I NEEDED to put some aloe on...immediately... He had me put some on right at the gift shop, but I told him I wanted to go upstairs and just put it on ALL over (I stupidly wore a bikini)...He said OK, so we headed towards our room...he detoured us to see "something". I hadn't even noticed, as I was thinking of how to stop my burn, and if seaweed truly did take away the sting, and how can I collect it...8thoughts churning*

We arrive at the 5th floor, where that wedding chapel was that we could see from our balcony...this was the view so far...

view to  the chapel.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I went into the gazeebo (sp?), and instinctively in awe of the setting sun and the sea, I looked out around me. I didn't notice the activity behind me, I just stared at the setting colors...

sunset at the chapel.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
When I turned around a very nervous and very scared Rand kneeled before me and said some of the sweetest things I have ever heard anyone say in my life. He had prepared a poem for me, and practiced it ad nauseum, but got so nervous he spoke from his heart. Naturally, I cried...and cried...when he fianlly asked "the question" I squeeked out a yes, and THEN he showed me the ring....*heart beating*

I slipped that little guy on and I still have not stopped staring...I wore it every second I could, even in my sleep...here is one (0f the MANY) pictures if took of my PRECIOUSSSSSSSS......
9.gif
love.gif

Radiant from above.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I basically took every opportunity to photograph that ring with every lighting possible, and under every circumstance. I noticed how even in the DARK it sparkled with amazing sparkles!!!

darkness sparkles.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!! Nicrez, how awesome. (Mouth gaping open!) You are right, worth the wait!
10.gif
9.gif

That rock sparkles like mad! And what a beautiful place to get engaged, and what a sweet and thoughtful proposal.

Congrats to Rand and best wishes to you my dear!
9.gif
2.gif
9.gif
2.gif
9.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
It's set in a temporary whitegold thin setting, until we get the design for the simple custom solitaire setting started. Short of giving me an envelope with a diamond in it, he wanted to put something on my finger, so I am nat partial to how HIGH it sits, but the Eiffel Tower setting is TEMPORARY...

sideview of ring.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
"Little" radiant? That stone is gorgeous and very substantial without being gaudy! I am partial to radiant/princesses and I adore it!
love.gif
Congrats! And the resort looks fabulous... What a wonderful engagement!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
He had been stalling me the whole time at the hotel and downstairs at the chapel, and when we got to the room I realized why...he had the Concierge create a pathway of white and red rose petals all over the the bed (with some of my favorite Hershey's kisses sprinkled all over), and leading to the bottle of Cristal waiting for us on the table... What a perfect perfect proposal and ring
love.gif
, I am so glad I waiting, but I still like to bug him about it...
11.gif
naughty.gif

perfect ending.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Nicrez!! I'm so glad you finally got your beautiful
love.gif
ring!! You've been such a great help to me in my radiant search! I wish you all the best!!

Colleen

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god! I LOVE YOUR VIEW and that last picture....the water is absolutely fabulous!!! The chapel is so cute.

What a great story and THE ROCK is beautiful. Love the dark sparkles pictures! What sort of setting are you getting? I actually like this one for now...you will grow to be used to it quickly.

Congrats guys! Good job Rand..makes up for 1/2 the torture, only 1/2.
2.gif

Oh what are the specs on the stone?! It looks huge.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, one last picture for you Mara, to show Greg and let him know that this may be a nice present for the future...by the way, the beaches at Caneel Bay on the island of St. John are even better!

This is St. Thomas at Sugar Bay, and is "decent" although some beaches like Magen's Bay are better (and larger), there are no resorts there. Honestly, when you guys need to relax, unwind and just plain enjoy I really do recommend The USVI.

Not a fan of St. Croix, as I hear it's full of tourists and crime, and St. Thomas had it's great spots, but if I had my druthers, I'd go to St. John out of the rest of the USVI... Also, I found a lovely island flower there I am dying to find. It's called the Allamanda Cathartica, and it's so lovely!

pristine beach at Sugar Bay.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, a true testament to my insanity...my Allamandine Carthotica (Aka Golden Trumpet) and my ring....*sigh*
love.gif

Mara, do you know anything about this flower, being the resident flower expert (as well as Rbs)...? Help!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
1.73, E, VVS2

alllamandine_diamond3.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok I guess i'm a bit obsessed... here's another one!

alllamandine_diamond4.jpg

PMR

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Nicrez! Beautiful ring and beautiful pictures! I love the flower picture with the ring inside. What a romantic proposal! Best wishes!
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ROCK Nicrez! Congratulations to you both.
appl.gif

DiamondLil

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story and pictures! Beautiful diamond!
loopy.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures, Nic! Wow, what a gorgeous setting for your engagement. Where will you go on your honeymoon? Because I can't imagine topping this place!

The ring is stunning. I looks so sparkly and HUGE on your hand!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent!!!

Worth the wait, I agree.

Congratulations, Best Wishes and thanks for the pic's!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh, finally the elusive radiant! What a beautiful, sparkly stone
appl.gif
. Sounds like a perfect setting and really thoughful, sweet proposal. GOOD GOING RAND!!!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!! I am all choked up.
appl.gif

I know how long you have waited for that to happen, and I can not think of a more romantic way for him to give it to you. Its gorgeous!!!

Your post was awesome...really felt the whole scene. Thanks for sharing with us hopeless romantics!

Wear it well and always in good health!

Cheers!
-Sarah
1.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats...that it one beautiful ring
10.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story, beautiful pix, BEAUTIFUL ring!!
"Best wishes" to you & "Congratulations" to him
2.gif

Thanks so much for sharing
21.gif
Alex

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez & Rand, absolutely amazing radiant! I even like the temp setting. It really shows off the stone, but I'm sure you will choose something spectacular for its new home. I just adore radiants...here I am holding my hand up next to your pictures and kind of wishing I could have one too. It looks so huge on you, too. Congratulations, and thanks for the lengthy write-up. I really enjoyed reading it. Beautiful scenic pictures, too.
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Nicrez!! Your Radiant is,..... RADIANT!!
love.gif
Beautiful and firey!!
4.gif
The pic of the ring setting in the flower was really neat.
3.gif

So nice of you to share some of your vacation with us as well. The pics were soooo soothing!! I feel refreshed!!
16.gif

Many Congrats to both of you!!
appl.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring! It looks wonderful on your hand! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results