shape
carat
color
clarity

Helzberg Masterpiece help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spartan183

Rough_Rock
The search for a ring has recently begun and I could definitely use some help. I have been looking at stores and online which has only given me more options and questions. So I was hoping someone could help with a few of these questions.

1. Are the Helzberg Masterpiece diamonds worth what they are asking for it, because it appears like they may be over priced to me?

2. Are the Hearts and Arrows diamonds worth that much more than a regular ideal cut diamond?

3. Are there any reputable online stores that can give you a guarantee for prongs breaking and loss of diamonds, the diamond chipping, etc (like many stores do)?

If anyone is still out there and can help I would definitely appreciate it since I would like to purchase it sooner rather than later.

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
I can''t really be much help for question 1 (I don''t know much about Helzberg) or question 2 (I don''t know the price difference when it comes to Hearts and Arrows) but I can help you out with question 3.

3. There are several online jewelers that are reputable and reliable and have great upgrade and buy back policies (White Flash, Good Old Gold and James Allen). You will want to insure your diamond to protect against chipping and etc.

I would recommend that you take a look at White Flash. I had a great experience with them (working with Sheera...but all of the reps are great), as they will work hard until they find exactly what you want. They have a lifetime upgrade policy and a great conflict free diamond guarantee.

Hope this helps...Good Luck!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. It''s pretty much guaranteed that they''ll be overpriced. Most brick and mortar stores'' signature lines are.

2. Maybe...I think what you should be looking for if you don''t want to pay the premium for a H&A is an AGS 000 grade. Whiteflash''s ACA H&A diamonds are all graded by AGS as 000 and the premium is really not that high.

3. That''s what insurance is for. I haven''t checked out every Pricescope vendor''s return policies, but I''m sure most guarantee their craftsmanship on their settings. However, I''m pretty much positive they wouldn''t replace a diamond if it chips. Again, just get insurance on your ring. Most of the stores that offer that warranty require that you bring the ring in every six months for a check up, and if you miss one, they''ll void the warranty.

Also, if you make a new thread with your budget and what you''re looking for, I''m sure people here will offer you great diamond suggestions and recommendations.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
1 - it looks like you will pay about 33% more for a "masterpiece" diamond, than an equal or better diamond online.

2 - H&A are for the most part, in my opinion, a marketing tool/ploy. once mounted a person will never be able to see the hearts again, and most super ideals will display good arrows.

3 - stores will not cover loss of a center stone or theft of a ring, so you will want a separate insurance policy for your ring, which will cover any damages as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the Helzberg diamonds last year when looking for diamond earrings. Their guarantee does not cover every possible loss, so you still have to have insurance on the ring. So that guarantee is basically worthless. The diamonds were nice but priced at least a third more than similar stones at vendors such as WhiteFlash and Good Old Gold (we have bought from both with total satisfaction). I think whether to buy ideal cut versus hearts and arrows is a good question, and I think I''d be happy with both. However, we went ahead and chose hearts and arrows cut just so I wouldn''t have any possibility of regrets later. Please don''t worry about prongs breaking and that kind of thing. You want insurance in case of theft, damage, or loss of the diamond. It is rare to have a broken prong, and the fear is losing the diamond, not the expense of repairing the prong. I wouldn''t ever consider buying a diamond anywhere but online due to the high quality and lower prices plus trade-in value.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results