shape
carat
color
clarity

helpppp!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wse

Rough_Rock
i''m new to the board...

i actually started the process of purchasing a diamond engagement ring for my soon to be fiance..

HWjapan.png

so i went into HW and i picked out the stone, 2.43ct, now the part where i need help is...

they gave me a price based on if i want stones to go along 2/3 of the band... or they can go around the entire band for $500 more... should i do it?

i think it would be pleasing to see it going around the entire ring but am worried about diamonds becoming loose.. what do you all think?

thanks!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would do it. But keep in mind - if you do have a full eternity without a sizing gap, and her fingers ever get bigger or smaller, she won''t be able to size it - she will have to either get a new ring or have this one reconstructed.

wse

Rough_Rock
wow, thanks, i didnt even think about that.. i just sent an email to my contact at HW asking what they would charge me based on todays market value to reconstruct and add stones, if i need it enlarged down the road

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that yelp for help sounded like a serious urgent problem. Hmmm.... I wouldn''t put stones all the way around for several reasons. If she has any children it is likely her finger size will change each time, and most women do gain/lose weight at various times in their lives. Also, the stones on the underside will need to stand up to quite a bit of abuse as they grip a shopping cart or push open a door...and besides, with 2/3 of the way around diamonds will always be visible from the top and sides.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 3:29:38 PM
Author: wse
wow, thanks, i didnt even think about that.. i just sent an email to my contact at HW asking what they would charge me based on todays market value to reconstruct and add stones, if i need it enlarged down the road
That''s a good idea. If your jeweler is willing to work with you - and you get it in writing for sure! - then by all means get a full eternity. Especially if your intended lady is not terribly rough on her jewelry otherwise.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
May I chime in? With that size stone, the liklihood it will "spin" (go to one side or the other at times) is high. I actually like mine to do that as it makes for an interesting angle at times, and easy to spin back. I have a full eternity and really like it. I''ve never lost any stones and get compliments all the time about how they can see the stones when I hold out my hand for change, etc.

wse

Rough_Rock
i spoke to my jeweler about it and he recommended i keep the 2/3 covered rather than entirely covered

he did say that if i needed it enlarged later on down the road, with only 2/3 covered its easily done.. but if i cover the entire band, he will need to have it re-made and he''ll charge me between $1100-1300 for it. he did assure me too that if i went this route i wouldnt have to worry about the stones on the bottom as the setting is quite sturdy but he still recommends i only go 2/3 around to keep it practical

wse

Rough_Rock
got pics for those of you who were waiting :)

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/got-the-hw-micropave-yesterday-t91516.html

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 7:42:12 PM
Author: wse
...he did assure me too that if i went this route i wouldnt have to worry about the stones on the bottom as the setting is quite sturdy but he still recommends i only go 2/3 around to keep it practical
Good call by your jeweler. It would be the route I would take as well. BTW, the ring is fantastic!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results