shape
carat
color
clarity

helpful gift for mom about to have babies #2 & 3

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
having twins in a month and they already have a 1.5 year old at home.

i want to be as helpful as possible.

of course, diapers. but - would a full cloth diaper set up be useful? is using cloth more of a personal choice? would cloth be a time and money saver for twins?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a mom yet, but I have several friends who are using cloth and I would say it is definitely a personal choice. There are so many different types of cloth diapers and not everyone wants to deal with the washing associated.

I would get your friends some gift certificates to local restaurants that do delivery/carryout! I can imagine they are going to be super strapped for time with two new LOs.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think cloth is a personal decision. I would LOVE a gift like that but not everyone would. As for what might be good...that''s tough. Are you willing to offer up your services? Like maybe taking the 1.5 year old out for the day? Or making the family dinner? I''m pregnant (with just 1) but have my eye on the Itzbeen timer. It logs the last feeding, nap and changing. Gifts along those lines that might make keeping organized a little easier would be nice. Maybe some twin mommies can chime in.

Best of luck to your friend!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
That''s a personal choice.

Have you done a quick search on the usual baby websites to see if she has registered? Most moms will register just to get the completion coupon at the end and have their own ''check list'' even if they don''t have a shower. I would check on Target, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Amazon.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a mom of twins I cannot say it any more strongly than DO NOT buy her a cloth diaper set unless she has expressly asked for it.

Cloth diapers with twins is just something that is not going to happen unless it is your personal mission as a mom to do cloth diapers. Not a timesaver in any way, shape, or form. A lot more work actually.

I would highly suggest the Babies R Us or Target gift card. Or offering to come over and watch the babies while mom takes a shower! And bring takeout! That would have been great too when my kiddos were born.

Really, those are the most helpful things you could provide unless you know she is looking for something specific.

It's very sweet of you to want to help her out. I am sure she will appreciate it.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 7:26:24 PM
Author: waterlilly
Thanks for the suggestions!
When I had my 3rd and 4th babies, the BEST gifts were meals. I appreciated that so much. I was overwhelmed and tired and had other kids to cook for and when people brought me meals that I could just pop into the oven to heat, that was the best.

99% of gifts are for the baby, but doing something to make mom''s life easier is so appreciated and also rare when it comes to baby gifts.

Also, towels. I found you can never have too many baby towels. How about a cute set of baby towels and some sort of meal or two? OR even a gift certificate for a pedicure for mom? Or some sort of combo?

Cloth diapers are something that if you are not going to know she would use them, big waste of money.

I don''t have twins, but my 3rd and 4th kids are only a year apart so it felt like twins, having two in diapers, there was no way I could have handled cloth diapers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results